All Categories

Plarium, please comment on Arena

Plarium, please comment on Arena

Search
Comments
Jul 8, 2020, 01:4807/08/20
06/30/20

NickFrost said:

I spent the past couple of months or more in Gold IV (4), only ever dropping into Gold III (3) just after the reset, and then only until I logged in, did the daily quest, and would be back in Gold IV.

I logged in after this reset, and was in Gold II (2), dropping not 1 tier, but 2.

Oh well, the wife was tired of me spending money in the game anyway.

Arena is much harder. 

When reset you was back to Gold III, a few minutes later one or many players stole your points pushed you to Gold II. Similar when reset in Gold IV, someone will attack me and push me back to Gold III, I will need to steal several players points to go back Gold IV (during that process, some are back to Gold III).

Arena is much harder.

You can play offline and not spending money anymore. Offline game are Campaign, Dungeons, Clan Boss, pull shards, enhance arti, etc. 

Jul 8, 2020, 03:5507/08/20
05/03/20

Rauthma said:

LordVika said:

Like my team is HK as lead for speed boost and turn meter boost, Seeker for atk boost and turn meter boost, warmaiden for defense down and kael to nuke them. This should be a min silver 1 or 2 team with them being lvl 50-60 with close to 200 speed each, but i can't get past bronz4 and i refuse to spend money until this gets fixed. 

I'm not asking for an easy ride, just more balanced matchmaking.

My team is built to basically counter your team (since that's so common). I actually get happy when I see those Kael combo teams pop up because if they aren't fast enough I'll have Kael out of the fight before he can nuke. If they are faster but Kael isn't strong enough to get through my shield then I get rid of him and the rest are too weak to finish me off. If they have apocethary instead of HK I have a harder time. Just depends how geared up they are.

But those aren't the teams I'm seeing very often these days. It's mostly combos of fully decked out legendaries and niche epics that I can't hope to compete with.

And it gets worse every day. I have made it to Silver 1  a few times. Never for long. I've managed to get 4 silver medals from lucky refreshes of de-rankers or mid Bronze 4 teams. 

Over the last two days I'm struggling just to stay in Bronze 4.

It's not just inactive accounts. It's account inflation too. Because there is no relationship between power level and bracket, someone essentially has to lose rank for you to gain anything. At this point there is just too much power competing for the low brackets.

They should set the brackets as a combination of defense power level and wins, so if your account has X amount of power, once you cross the threshold for a particular bracket set, you can't go back down unless your account gets removed for inactivity. Then if you come back it's easy to rank back up. They should also skew the points ratio of win/loss so you don't get hurt so bad my superior breaks hammering your defense.

Lots of things they can do to remedy the situation.

I know my arena team is kind of common with just about the only changes are between HK and spirit host and seeker with diabloist ( i believe is the atk boost) but that doesn't change that with my team and stats you would expect me to be able to get into silver 1 and wobble back and forth between S1 and B4, I don't expect my current team to get me beyond that point. But even with picking the battles and checking champs skills and stuff i get so few attack chances to counter the amount of times im getting attacked.

Like I said, don't want an easy ride, that would be lame. I just want a more balanced matchmaking system.

I do get that account inflation is also a factor, but since i am also an active player who account is also inflating that shouldn't be so much of a factor unless its whales i am seeing in my matches.

Also no one is really attacking the mods per say, just that people are getting tired of the copy past responses. Why can't they just be honest and tell us that they don't have an answer because Plarium has not said anything about it. That would an open and honest answer and make people feel like the mods are not just bots with timed auto responses.

Jul 8, 2020, 04:3907/08/20
07/05/19

You know what, I'll even settle if Plarium would change the formula of counting team power.

Since Speed is the ultimate stat, it needs to he counted differently than other stats.

Speed should be counted double or triple compared to other stats.

That way it would at least give us a semblance of picking an opponent that is around my "team power"
Jul 8, 2020, 08:4107/08/20
05/26/20

OzzLee said:

You know what, I'll even settle if Plarium would change the formula of counting team power.

Since Speed is the ultimate stat, it needs to he counted differently than other stats.

Speed should be counted double or triple compared to other stats.

That way it would at least give us a semblance of picking an opponent that is around my "team power"

I agree with the fact that the speed should be taken into account in the calculation of power, on the same level as the resistance

Jul 8, 2020, 17:5607/08/20
05/16/19

Hey so I just got a response, and basically the arena works as intended but the devs has already been asked to make a research on it. I was also assured that the system that removes players that have been inactive for 30 days also works. (Just checked this on my inactive alt, and it does work)

I know this isn't what you guys wanted to hear but tbh all we can do right now is just work on our teams and hope the devs implement a system that could at least safeguard the real newbies on Bronze.

Seriously though, if anyone needs help with their arena team, please feel free to send me a PM here or on Discord. Arena is actually more than just legendaries and team power. 
Jul 8, 2020, 18:1807/08/20
05/03/20

Lxzy said:

Hey so I just got a response, and basically the arena works as intended but the devs has already been asked to make a research on it. I was also assured that the system that removes players that have been inactive for 30 days also works. (Just checked this on my inactive alt, and it does work)

I know this isn't what you guys wanted to hear but tbh all we can do right now is just work on our teams and hope the devs implement a system that could at least safeguard the real newbies on Bronze.

Seriously though, if anyone needs help with their arena team, please feel free to send me a PM here or on Discord. Arena is actually more than just legendaries and team power. 

SO teams of 100k-150k sitting in bronze arena is working as intended, great to know.

The above is working as intended, thats great to know.......if the devs don't plan on changing a system that puts team like above against players that have only just started the game and as you can see that team is in BRONZE 3, not silver or gold but BRONZE 3. 

Know i can say for sure that I have literally no reason to spend money on this game with the exception of maybe, just maybe if BP 2 get released.

Jul 8, 2020, 18:2507/08/20
12/19/19
That guy you can beat though I bet. He is in bronze because he has wrong leader, lol.  Imagine how hard arena would be if the team comps were not so bad lol.  
Jul 8, 2020, 18:5307/08/20
Jul 8, 2020, 19:18(edited)
05/29/20

Lxzy said:

What about the enormous disparity in Missions/challenge requirements related to Arena? Many have no choice but to ignore them completely when the subsequent  Missions (all of them, in that segment) can be obtained or have already been completed (sometimes multiple times) through regular play. They just do not scale, not even close.

This is a large part of the argument as well, but seems to be ignored and tiptoed around for some reason. 

It may be that to reorder these missions, it could cause some unintended consequences and that we are waiting for data to bear out. Or that reordering would be such an enormous undertaking that a dedicated team would have to be tasked, and we just cant afford to do it right now because of other projects in the pipe..these would be completelty understandable. But we'd still like to know...

Thanks.

(Edit) and I do totally appreciate your offer to help with  Arena builds. I'm sure it will go a long way for most. 

Most of us newer players are still searching for the "secret sauce" so few seemingly understand, or are able to obtain. Masteries, the right equipment, tuning, etc. Not too sure where these are on the "immediate lists" for new or casual players.  

Jul 8, 2020, 21:4607/08/20
08/21/18
LordVika said:

Lxzy said:

SO teams of 100k-150k sitting in bronze arena is working as intended, great to know.

The above is working as intended, thats great to know.......if the devs don't plan on changing a system that puts team like above against players that have only just started the game and as you can see that team is in BRONZE 3, not silver or gold but BRONZE 3. 

Know i can say for sure that I have literally no reason to spend money on this game with the exception of maybe, just maybe if BP 2 get released.

And just remember they DON"T give high ratings to speed. That team is more likely 200K with 6 star speed boots
Jul 8, 2020, 23:4407/08/20
04/24/20

Lxzy said:

So it's intended that the early/mid game great hall progress missions take roughly 840x as long as PvE progress missions?

No I didn't make that number up.

For PvE missions I used an average of 60 minutes.  It's actually quite a bit faster than that usually...

For PvP great hall missions I used an average of 5 weeks.

For player stuck in Silver I who can occasionally dip into II you get 1 medal per win, 2 if you're lucky.

With a win rate of 50% if you fight an arena match 20 times a day that's roughly 15 medals per day.

15 x 7 = 105 medals a week

Getting a great hall bonus to level 4 requires 550 silver medals.

550 / 105 = 5.24 weeks

Great Hall Mission Minutes Calculation:

Minutes per hour x Hours per day x Days per week x 5 weeks

60 x 24 x 7 x 5 = 50,400 Minutes

50,400 (great hall progress mission) / 60 (PvE progress mission) = 840!!!

Jul 9, 2020, 02:0107/09/20
07/05/19

Lxzy said:

Hey so I just got a response, and basically the arena works as intended but the devs has already been asked to make a research on it. 

If it is working as intended, fine...

But at least tell them to rate "Speed" differently than any other stats, we all know how big speed is in the meta of the game, so it must be rated higher in the calculation of team power,  So at the very least, we would have a better indicator on who are we on par with in arena.

Because as of right now, team power is USELESS, 40k team can easily one shot half of an 80k team if they have enough speed.

Jul 9, 2020, 02:4207/09/20
05/03/20
Ser Jimm said:

LordVika said:

Lxzy said:

And just remember they DON"T give high ratings to speed. That team is more likely 200K with 6 star speed boots
i know that very well, which is why i said hell no to that fight. Honestly if that is working as intended then the devs need to rethink how badly what they intended is 
Jul 9, 2020, 13:5407/09/20
12/19/19

LordVika said:

Ser Jimm said:

LordVika said:

Lxzy said:

i know that very well, which is why i said hell no to that fight. Honestly if that is working as intended then the devs need to rethink how badly what they intended is 

Vika-

This decision was wrong IMO.  I think you win this battle.  

1. We all agree arena is WAY harder now then before

2. Power is not an all encompassing stat... SO WHAT!!!  Who cares.  It determines nothing.  It is a variable we need to use in our decision process, that is all.  I hope they DONT change it.  Why?  Because if they include speed in the rating, then I won't know whether the team is truly fast or has high resistance.  I avoid very high resistance teams because I have to go first AND need WM to land dec defense.

3. Lots of terrible players in this game... bad team comps ... slow teams ... wrong leads

4. The team above has GREAT chars, the owner is a moron

5. Power is not that high so not great gear or resist

6. Gorg is not in lead... automatic attack for me.  This person obv has no clue how to play.  I guarantee this team is super slow.

7. If leader has Speed/Def/Resist I look at power and comp to decide.  

8. The full legendary teams are usually easier to beat because the reason they are in bronze or low silver is they are poorly geared and slow.

95% sure you would win this battle.

New accounts are at a significant disadvantage in Arena, undeniable FACT.  But use the information available and improve your team accordingly and you will do better.

You will notice that SPEED is not just the meta for arena, it is for PvE as well.  If you are slow in arena you are probably 2-3 levels lower in dungeons and 1 level lower in CB than you could be.  

Jul 9, 2020, 14:3107/09/20
05/26/20

@Trips: you do not have the impression of being OUT of the subject with the fact that YOU would have mi a lead speed, but RAF, in bronze this kind of team is the wall of china for players with less, or a lot, of time Game.

@Lxzy: so you say that the guys who are in bronze 1, came out IF no activity for 1 month, but what activity are you talking about? total or just arena?

So with this system we should not have tables with 8 CHACALS (no other names given to these guys there, if they are in B1 with this kind of set, it is that it is wanted and nothing complicated to do) and 2 POSSIBLE.

Rest assured it is ALWAYS THE CASE, time that you will not make a system which protects NEW players, we will always have trolls, who little balloches, will be there, that has always existed, in all games, why, in view of your system , would it be otherwise on raid?

GreenKnightCommunity Manager
Jul 9, 2020, 14:5107/09/20
04/06/20

Hello!

I would like to shed some light on the current state of things on the Classic Arena. We do see a rise in difficulty in Arena and understand the current situation, but the present change wasn't the result of some massive bug but a result of players' activity in the game.

Currently, we see a couple of obvious causes of this problem:

1. Increase in arena activity as a result of tournaments. Which caused a rise in competitiveness and push for some of Gold IV players into the lower tier and, as a result, made promotion to gold tier itself harder. The chain reaction of this change made silver more competitive than ever. Everyone becomes better and stronger with time, and going through Arena helps us realize the weak points of our teams and improve. Our development team is working on flattening the curve of the difficulty spike.

2. The other thing is that inactive on the Arena players are getting to Bronze before they leave Arena for inactivity, so we will decrease the time-span before inactive players are removed from the Arena.

Also, we are aware of the increasing difficulty of the Arena related quests.

There can be, and most likely are, some other reasons in recent difficulty spike, and we are working on identifying them, and applying practical solutions. Any change to the Arena will significantly affect it. Our development team is working on solutions that will improve our current balance and matchmaking.

We are truly grateful for all of your responses and suggestions on the mater. They provide invaluable inside and help us improve our game.

I will keep you posted on any developments on the matter.

Have a good one.

Jul 9, 2020, 15:5607/09/20
06/25/19
The issue I have is if I am 155k power ranking in arena and I fight someone 85k. How do they kill my maxed outgear, Legos, mastered out in 1 hit? You think it is hard as a new player spending month and half to beat a low level arena challenge. I laugh in your face. Try having 155K power arena team and you can't get out of silver 3 or 4. And your arena challenge is to be in Gold 3. Im at 2 months straight of trying to get out of silver. 
Jul 9, 2020, 16:1907/09/20
12/19/19
cherubin31 said:

@Trips: you do not have the impression of being OUT of the subject with the fact that YOU would have mi a lead speed, but RAF, in bronze this kind of team is the wall of china for players with less, or a lot, of time Game.

@Lxzy: so you say that the guys who are in bronze 1, came out IF no activity for 1 month, but what activity are you talking about? total or just arena?

So with this system we should not have tables with 8 CHACALS (no other names given to these guys there, if they are in B1 with this kind of set, it is that it is wanted and nothing complicated to do) and 2 POSSIBLE.

Rest assured it is ALWAYS THE CASE, time that you will not make a system which protects NEW players, we will always have trolls, who little balloches, will be there, that has always existed, in all games, why, in view of your system , would it be otherwise on raid?

Can someone translate this into English please?
Jul 9, 2020, 16:3507/09/20
05/10/20

It is possible to progress in the area, yes it is probably slower than it should be.

However, do listen to the advice given by people here. 

I was struggling in bronze 3 getting Increasingly frustrated 2-3 weeks ago. Trips and someone else (forgive me I forget the name) gave me some advice.

Now with a bit of a team rejigging and a bit of grinding in different area am now bouncing around silver 1/2 and have passed the area challenge I was stuck on and confidently pushing the next missions. 

So just wanted to say thanks Trips and others that try to help. 

Jul 9, 2020, 17:1007/09/20
04/10/20

I think it was something in the 1.15 patch

Before I could just about get into Gold IV but not usually stay there long but felt pretty safe in the Gold tier

I do admit I was taking every opportunity I could,

• fighting the lvl 1 uncommon champs defense teams (these seem to have pretty much disappeared now)
  • the odd magic refresh, when you would get 10 very weak opponents (anyone else ever get these? these are gone now too)
From Gold IV I went down quickly and am now struggling in Silver II / III

To be honest my opponents don't seem to be getting any easier now than they were in Gold IV

I just get obliterated by everyone

I only ever get a list of opponents I cannot beat

I used to enjoy the Arena now I dread playing it 5 times a day

My great hall feels like its never getting upgraded and the Arbiter missions now seem an impossibility

There is something very very wrong with the arena at the moment

I know I am not alone

Jul 10, 2020, 01:3907/10/20
05/26/20

So to make sense of the somewhat conflicting responses from the moderator and the community manager:

The mechanics of arena are working as intended, but the results are not. Therefore they will look at ways to try and match the results to the intended gameplay progression.

Please get hot on that Plarium. My money is on the line. 

Make arena fair and appropriate for account progression and I will start buying things again. Believe me, I want to. I just won't while a major part of the game is nearly unplayable due to matchmaking.