All Categories

Shieldguard

Shieldguard

Search
Comments
Jun 8, 2020, 14:1906/08/20
Jun 8, 2020, 14:19(edited)
12/19/19

You need more sustain to keep u alive. More power may get you 13. But you need to prepare for much tougher waves past that. I would sit tight on athel

Like Daering said post roster 
Jun 8, 2020, 14:2006/08/20
12/19/19
Hk will likely have more continuing merit than athel
Jun 8, 2020, 22:3606/08/20
05/03/20

Trips said:

Hk will likely have more continuing merit than athel

I am not a big fan of Athel.  She has served a purpose but her future looks limited.  HK is really impressing me.  I will take her to 6-60. 

I think the turning point was when I got Apo from a mystery shard.  He does a lot more than I realized.  He and HK teach me something new all the time. 
Jun 8, 2020, 22:4906/08/20
05/03/20

Starting team for dragon. 

HK is the leader with speed aura then Apo, Kael, Warpriest, Athel. 
Jun 9, 2020, 06:2006/09/20
04/14/20

ClosedPoly said:

Do they all have warmaster/giantslayer? Because if not, the lifesteal gear is really useless on Apo, HK, Warpriest, it's not like they're going to be doing much damage. And even if they do have it, I'm not sure it's the best use here (of course, for those you use on Clan Boss, it makes sense). On the other hand, Apo's speed should be way, way higher. Like 200ish or more. They all need much higher speed, but especially Apo / HK. 

Also, you seem to have a lot of support champions there who don't contribute much offensively. As the others already said, maybe post your roster to see if you have other champions who could replace Warpriest. And maybe Athel too. 
Jun 9, 2020, 21:0606/09/20
05/03/20

L9753 said:

ClosedPoly said:

Do they all have warmaster/giantslayer? Because if not, the lifesteal gear is really useless on Apo, HK, Warpriest, it's not like they're going to be doing much damage. And even if they do have it, I'm not sure it's the best use here (of course, for those you use on Clan Boss, it makes sense). On the other hand, Apo's speed should be way, way higher. Like 200ish or more. They all need much higher speed, but especially Apo / HK.

Also, you seem to have a lot of support champions there who don't contribute much offensively. As the others already said, maybe post your roster to see if you have other champions who could replace Warpriest. And maybe Athel too.

Only Kael has masteries.  I try to add more speed but its not easy.  I use speed boots but finding speed in substats is hard.  When I get new 5* gear its usually common.  I take it to level 8 looking for speed substats.  Its too costly to take common gear to 12 or 16 looking for speed.  Farming brutal 12.3 helps with more silver but there are still iimits to what I can do now.  Not trying to make excuses but being realistic.

My roster is thin.  Hope you can find some hidden value. 

Jun 9, 2020, 22:1906/09/20
04/14/20

Specifically for dragon, there's Warmaiden of course, getting a decrease defense on the dragon helps, and she helps with the waves too. Umbral Enchantress could be good for the waves but not so much for the dragon itself. Soulbond Bowyer is another option, quite strong DPS and her turn meter reduction can make a huge difference on Fire Knight or Spider (not on dragon, he's immune to turn meter reduction). Keep in mind that getting a decent speed on Apo (is he fully booked? or not yet?) gives you more space to lose Warpriest because Apo can get far more heals in that way. 

If you don't find 5 star pieces with speed substats, then use 4 star or even 3 star if it has all the stats you want. Lose the lifesteal sets on everybody who isn't doing big damage numbers, which will make space to put speed sets so it doesn't all have to come from the boots or good sub-stats. Although obviously you still need those too, especially on Apo. 

Your roster doesn't have a lot of epics yet, but it's solid enough on the rares. One other champion that you seem to have missed is Bulwark, that void dwarf. He should probably be on your Clan Boss team considering the HP burn and the passive extending debuffs. Several of the others are usable for some specific things, e.g. Rocktooth for Spirit Keep and possibly Fire Knight due to his heal reduction debuffs. 

Jun 26, 2020, 03:4606/26/20
05/03/20

Updated roster

My priority is to build a team that can beat dragon 13 and beyond.  I have been beating dragon 11 everytime and dragon 12 half of the time.  But I need to get 6^ that is epic or legandary to advance. 

I got lucky on some shard pulls.  I have a better choice now.  Now, I have so many choices I need real help to decide who goes where. 
Jun 26, 2020, 03:5106/26/20
05/03/20

ColonelMig said:

Hell Hades and Ash both do good guides on artefact selection. 

https://youtu.be/9P4Uvx5cQGg

https://youtu.be/Ycoxc0Qhg2s

I would check these out as a good place to get some tips on where to farm and what yo sell. 

Hope this helps

Thanks a lot for the referral.  I watched several times.  I was farming too much common gear on brutal 12.2.  Dragon substats roll out a lot better. 

Jun 26, 2020, 15:3406/26/20
12/19/19
Zelotah to 60 will take you well past dragon 13. Also, the lifesteal gear is not great unless the substats are really good. #1 priority zelotah
Jun 26, 2020, 22:0306/26/20
05/03/20
@Trips.....How should I gear Zelotah for dragon?  Team him with Kael, Champfort, Apo and HK?  Any special order for the team? 
Jun 26, 2020, 22:0706/26/20
12/19/19
HP% and DEF% and Speed. 
Jun 28, 2020, 03:1406/28/20
05/03/20
L9753 said:

Specifically for dragon, there's Warmaiden of course, getting a decrease defense on the dragon helps, and she helps with the waves too. Umbral Enchantress could be good for the waves but not so much for the dragon itself. Soulbond Bowyer is another option, quite strong DPS and her turn meter reduction can make a huge difference on Fire Knight or Spider (not on dragon, he's immune to turn meter reduction). Keep in mind that getting a decent speed on Apo (is he fully booked? or not yet?) gives you more space to lose Warpriest because Apo can get far more heals in that way. 

If you don't find 5 star pieces with speed substats, then use 4 star or even 3 star if it has all the stats you want. Lose the lifesteal sets on everybody who isn't doing big damage numbers, which will make space to put speed sets so it doesn't all have to come from the boots or good sub-stats. Although obviously you still need those too, especially on Apo. 

Your roster doesn't have a lot of epics yet, but it's solid enough on the rares. One other champion that you seem to have missed is Bulwark, that void dwarf. He should probably be on your Clan Boss team considering the HP burn and the passive extending debuffs. Several of the others are usable for some specific things, e.g. Rocktooth for Spirit Keep and possibly Fire Knight due to his heal reduction debuffs. 

Apo is not fully booked yet.  I am trying to make up my mind how to use him long term.  He has end game potential so I want to get it right.  He has a few basic books that I got from scrolls on minotaur.  I am changing some gear to get more speed but I am losing power points.  Not sure if that matters since speed seems a major priority. 
Jun 28, 2020, 09:0106/28/20
04/14/20
ClosedPoly said:
Apo is not fully booked yet.  I am trying to make up my mind how to use him long term.  He has end game potential so I want to get it right.  He has a few basic books that I got from scrolls on minotaur.  I am changing some gear to get more speed but I am losing power points.  Not sure if that matters since speed seems a major priority. 
I'm asking about skill books, not masteries. Important to get the cooldowns reduced on his heal and his speed/TM boost. That makes probably more difference than masteries or leveling him to 60.