Search
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Mar 8, 2024, 19:5703/08/24
12/30/20
Trips

holy necro!

agreed.

I also must've missed this mythical time between 2021 and 2023 where mid game players didn't have to pick & choose fusions, if not spending 🤔

Mar 8, 2024, 20:1603/08/24
01/31/20
Trips

holy necro!

Yeah, no idea why this post got resurrected compared to just starting a new one.  This thread is about the original Battle Pass.  The very best deal Palrium has ever offered.  

Did you break your F2P status for that one?  

The BP was my first in-game purchase.  Then, a week or so later, I bought the daily gem pack and I have been a low-spender ever since.   

Mar 8, 2024, 20:2203/08/24
01/31/20
dthorne04

agreed.

I also must've missed this mythical time between 2021 and 2023 where mid game players didn't have to pick & choose fusions, if not spending 🤔

I didn't say they were easy, just easier.  There has been signifcant inflation in the DD requirements, inflation in the SR requirements (althoguh this SR is nice), and less overlap in the events making double/triple dipping more difficult.  Add all that up and it takes more time, more resources and more planning to accomplish a fusion.

On the other hand, you have 7 CCs putting out their version of the best fusion plan, so if you aren't bright enough to make your own, at least you can find a map to follow.        

Mar 8, 2024, 20:2403/08/24
12/19/19
WileyMan

Yeah, no idea why this post got resurrected compared to just starting a new one.  This thread is about the original Battle Pass.  The very best deal Palrium has ever offered.  

Did you break your F2P status for that one?  

The BP was my first in-game purchase.  Then, a week or so later, I bought the daily gem pack and I have been a low-spender ever since.   

Yes BP was one of my only 2 purchases ever on main account.  A random void pack was the other around the same time. Probably good that it was all rares.

Alt no intentional purchase, but one random butt-buy with phone in pocket.  Only $10 or $20, I was only pissed because it was terrible value 😆. 

So technically neither account is f2p... 

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 8, 2024, 20:2803/08/24
12/30/20
WileyMan

I didn't say they were easy, just easier.  There has been signifcant inflation in the DD requirements, inflation in the SR requirements (althoguh this SR is nice), and less overlap in the events making double/triple dipping more difficult.  Add all that up and it takes more time, more resources and more planning to accomplish a fusion.

On the other hand, you have 7 CCs putting out their version of the best fusion plan, so if you aren't bright enough to make your own, at least you can find a map to follow.        

I'm of the opinion that we can grab more resources now, have better free champs to do the things we need to earn resources & points during fusions which feel to me like they offset buuuut

there's also like 900 different things pulling us in different directions in between fusions now, and we need to spend more in game time to get said resources.

Mar 8, 2024, 20:3103/08/24
01/31/20
dthorne04

agreed.

I'd probably say "the golden age" of fusions was 2021-2022:  

(1) Frag Chases had 155 frags with bonus frags for every tourney.  You could finish Frag Chase Events with medium-level commitment.  That is no longer the case.  Frag Chases now take as much effort/focus as a fusion and you can't miss any points.

(2) Fusion & Frag DDs & SRs were typically more reasonable

The exception to these were the first couple of Hybrids Fusions.  Brogni was the first Hybrid Fusion and I remember that one being a total PITA.  So much so, that I skipped the next Hybrid becasue I did not want to do it all again.  That was Sigmund.

Anyway, that is how I remember things.                 

Mar 8, 2024, 20:3903/08/24
12/19/19

Way more free resources equals Fusions definitely easier now. 

Way more choices to use resources on now, makes planning more important. 

Time is the only problem I have.  I miss Wait Shadow Legends.... I'd take 6 Fusions a year with 2x the effort instead. 

Mar 8, 2024, 20:4203/08/24
01/31/20
dthorne04

I'm of the opinion that we can grab more resources now, have better free champs to do the things we need to earn resources & points during fusions which feel to me like they offset buuuut

there's also like 900 different things pulling us in different directions in between fusions now, and we need to spend more in game time to get said resources.

The counter argument for that is that all of the FOMO events between the Fusions suck up all those extra resources and make it harder to accumlate the resources needed for the next fusion.  

Furthermore, the time commitment for the FOMO events makes it harder for players to do other things like Run Mino, Progress Dungeons, Build Arena Teams...

I will say that the thing no one talks much about is that Plarium has given away some seriously awesome toons over the last couple of years.