All Categories

The plot thickens

The plot thickens

Search
Comments
May 24, 2024, 21:2605/24/24
12/25/19

Well if they Nerf Wixwell, I will be doing a charge back, do to feature change and misleading me.

dthorne04Moderator
May 24, 2024, 22:3105/24/24
May 24, 2024, 23:02(edited)
12/30/20
jrwarren

Well if they Nerf Wixwell, I will be doing a charge back, do to feature change and misleading me.

charge backs are against ToS and will result in your account being banned. as such, please refrain from discussing breaking ToS on the forum. 

champs are always subject to buffs/nerfs/changes to their interactions with other champions & content, nothing new there. as of now there's no news of changes to wixwell.

May 25, 2024, 00:2105/25/24
06/25/20

Is there really no rumbling at all of changes to Wix? Someone in my clan is getting 226M with one key using a rather absurd team - level 46 5-star Wix, and 6-star level 41 PK, level 39 Demy, level 41 Hellborn Sprite, and level 60 Geo. Like, I get that nobody really cares about UNM damage, but still - this feels like it can't possibly stick, and it would really be nice to get some sort of early warning that Wix is going to be nerfed before investing in him.

harleQuinnModerator
May 25, 2024, 00:5905/25/24
May 25, 2024, 00:59(edited)
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Is there really no rumbling at all of changes to Wix? Someone in my clan is getting 226M with one key using a rather absurd team - level 46 5-star Wix, and 6-star level 41 PK, level 39 Demy, level 41 Hellborn Sprite, and level 60 Geo. Like, I get that nobody really cares about UNM damage, but still - this feels like it can't possibly stick, and it would really be nice to get some sort of early warning that Wix is going to be nerfed before investing in him.

You got it in one.... Nobody really cares about UNM demon lord damage. 

No nerfs are planned.

May 25, 2024, 01:0605/25/24
07/01/22

Here's what I don't get and it seems really simple since it's literally already part of the game:

There are damage caps everywhere for abilities. HP Burn on Hydra, Max HP-based skills ect all have built in damage caps for certain content... why not just do that? Like 1 Million for any hit on Normal Hydra and 2/3/4 Million for Hard/Brutal/Nightmare? I mean it doesn't have to be that exact number but something that scales with the difficulty? 

On that note, it is really frustrating that HP Burn does the exact same on Brutal Hydra that it does on Normal. That should be increased to make other non-cheese teams more viable. I have Yumeko and Trunda, I can do the insane builds if I want but I'd rather just have damage revamped for Hydra now that it's competitive.

May 25, 2024, 01:0805/25/24
07/01/22
harleQuinn

You got it in one.... Nobody really cares about UNM demon lord damage. 

No nerfs are planned.

I feel like there needs to be a Support Group for the bosses. Minotaur could run it since no one gets as constantly and relentlessly abused as he does. Poor thing doesn't even have a Hard mode

May 25, 2024, 02:4005/25/24
12/18/19

Well bronko delivered once again

i

May 25, 2024, 03:0305/25/24
06/25/20

tbf - I think that particular team is probably within the realms of "okay" - needing some very specific champs to produce big numbers is always within their realm of tolerable, I think. The problem is when one champ alone can change things too much.

May 25, 2024, 03:0905/25/24
12/18/19
kramaswamy.kr

tbf - I think that particular team is probably within the realms of "okay" - needing some very specific champs to produce big numbers is always within their realm of tolerable, I think. The problem is when one champ alone can change things too much.

I dont see the problem with damage itself, but rather the clash system still, the chance that clans who are pulling under 1b numbers in total keys meet another clan who has this one guy who can build this is kind of there. And then when the guy pulls this shit the opposing clan obviously wins, now sure you wont meet that clan again as they will move higher in damage brackets but you still lost this clash, and maybe next week you meet someone else who just built this comp, i think its a reasonable fear to have

May 25, 2024, 03:2705/25/24
May 25, 2024, 03:29(edited)
07/01/22
kramaswamy.kr

Corpulent Cadaver got nerfed and he couldn't do it alone. This around that same level so yeah, I'd expect a nerf. The main difference here is it's a 3 champ setup instead of 2, but the concept is the same. Also it's a Rare doing the damage, that is probably a big part of why too. CC was a rare and Ironclad is a rare.

Actually in this case it's worse. CC at least had to attack many times to ramp up the damage. This is a single hit doing BILLIONS

May 25, 2024, 03:3005/25/24
07/01/22
sharkium

Well bronko delivered once again

i

Acelin is the real MVP, look at that 10 Billion in heals lol

May 25, 2024, 03:3905/25/24
06/25/20

Acelin isn't the MVP - Acelin is the *requirement*. He's the champ that allows Ironclad to do what he does. And, even with just Acelin. Wix, and Ironclad, the team doesn't automatically work. It also requires everyone to be geared in a specific manner. The numbers would likely also be *significantly* lower without Emic and Nia doing their combo every-turn-reset. So - can you get big numbers with Wix alone? No. Wix + Ironclad? Still no. Wix + Acelin + Ironclad + any other three? You'll get big numbers, maybe, but nowhere close to that number, and not consistently.

And all that just for a big number on hard? I think they'll tolerate it.

May 25, 2024, 04:0305/25/24
07/01/22
kramaswamy.kr

Acelin isn't the MVP - Acelin is the *requirement*. He's the champ that allows Ironclad to do what he does. And, even with just Acelin. Wix, and Ironclad, the team doesn't automatically work. It also requires everyone to be geared in a specific manner. The numbers would likely also be *significantly* lower without Emic and Nia doing their combo every-turn-reset. So - can you get big numbers with Wix alone? No. Wix + Ironclad? Still no. Wix + Acelin + Ironclad + any other three? You'll get big numbers, maybe, but nowhere close to that number, and not consistently.

And all that just for a big number on hard? I think they'll tolerate it.

First of all, that was a joke about Acelin. Second, it's a unique situation sure but it's still a rare and it's all in a single hit. 3rd, that's just a single example on Hard. It's probably possible on Brutal and Nightmare. 

Trunda, Yumeko, Wixwell are all Leggos. Corpulent Cadaver was a rare. CC was also the only champion to get nerfed due to Hydra Damage. Ironclad is a Rare. Also Wixwell isn't needed for this, any shield-growing setup will get you high damage. Probably not Billions but it would work. CC was functioning off of huge shield before Wixwell. Ironclad is the only problem here, therefor he will probably be nerfed (especially since it's a single skill they would cap). 

If you're going to argue, accurate comparisons and previous data should be used instead of guessing the "feelings" of Devs

May 25, 2024, 04:2305/25/24
12/16/21

I think eventually they'll have to either cap how much shields can be grown, I'm astounded they didn't do it to start with for Wixwell, or better yet just put a single-hit damage cap on hydra.

Either way, things are only getting worse, and nerfing champs on an individual basis has gotta be the least effective way of handling it short of not doing anything at all.

May 25, 2024, 04:3105/25/24
01/31/20
Onikage55

First of all, that was a joke about Acelin. Second, it's a unique situation sure but it's still a rare and it's all in a single hit. 3rd, that's just a single example on Hard. It's probably possible on Brutal and Nightmare. 

Trunda, Yumeko, Wixwell are all Leggos. Corpulent Cadaver was a rare. CC was also the only champion to get nerfed due to Hydra Damage. Ironclad is a Rare. Also Wixwell isn't needed for this, any shield-growing setup will get you high damage. Probably not Billions but it would work. CC was functioning off of huge shield before Wixwell. Ironclad is the only problem here, therefor he will probably be nerfed (especially since it's a single skill they would cap). 

If you're going to argue, accurate comparisons and previous data should be used instead of guessing the "feelings" of Devs

They nerfed the Cadaver setups becasue he was a Rare.  

They nerfed the Madman setups because he was a Rare.

I would not be surpirsed if they nerfed Ironclad in some fashion. 

May 25, 2024, 04:3805/25/24
01/31/20
MooredRat

I think eventually they'll have to either cap how much shields can be grown, I'm astounded they didn't do it to start with for Wixwell, or better yet just put a single-hit damage cap on hydra.

Either way, things are only getting worse, and nerfing champs on an individual basis has gotta be the least effective way of handling it short of not doing anything at all.

Totally agree. There needs to be a damage cap (could easily scale with difficulty as was suggested above by @Onikage55) to end the craziness of people scouring the fine print on toon skills to find the next broken Hydra Comp. Plarium can get ahead of the problem with an actual fix:

https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/1698063_plarium--you-keep-getting-this-wrong---fix-hydra-clash---balance-hydra-damage-today/

harleQuinnModerator
May 26, 2024, 02:2105/26/24
02/24/19
Onikage55

I feel like there needs to be a Support Group for the bosses. Minotaur could run it since no one gets as constantly and relentlessly abused as he does. Poor thing doesn't even have a Hard mode

Counselor: Welcome to the group, why don't you introduce yourself? 

Mino: Hello everyone, I'm the Minotaur, and I don't even have Super Raids or a hard mode.

Group: Hi Minotaur!

May 26, 2024, 07:4505/26/24
01/26/21
Shibb

God I am so mad at myself for falling asleep and forgetting to complete champion chase. 

Literally me every time a new champion comes up to fuse.. Its just so much work and prep time I usually just ignore it and rely on RNG to get decent champs

May 27, 2024, 00:5805/27/24
07/01/22
harleQuinn

Counselor: Welcome to the group, why don't you introduce yourself? 

Mino: Hello everyone, I'm the Minotaur, and I don't even have Super Raids or a hard mode.

Group: Hi Minotaur!

Minotaur: I guess the reason I'm here is... I keep getting destroyed over and over. The worst thing is that one of the people who keeps killing me never has any gear and sometimes they're not even 60, they kill me 100 or so times and I never see them again... but those other 4 are always the same. I think they just bring a new friend to laugh and watch my misery