All Categories

Hydra best team questions ...

Hydra best team questions ...

Search
Comments
May 4, 2024, 06:2705/04/24
01/31/20
MooredRat

I just tried a team based on that, but with Eostrid in place of Lydia, Dreng in place of Teumesia, and Seeker to provoke instead of Visix

First time I ever had a team hit 1500 turns without taunt, new personal best for damage (though not as much as yours)

My question is how the hell do you keep that team alive without any healers? You dont even have leech.

First off, High Five on hitting your PB in Hydra Damage!!  Woot Woot!

As for my team staying alive, it is truly a non-issue on Brutal; however, NM is a different story.  This was my original NM team, but I moved them to Brutal to max out Hydra Clash points when that became a thing.

With the exception of Mithrala, all the supports have Warmaster & Life Drinker, so they are doing some minor healing when they drop below 50% HP.  Teumesia & Shamael have Helmsmasher, Life Drinker & Bloodshield, so they are also putting up shields on every kill, and there are a lot of kills.  

My PB with this team is up to 384M.  If you look at the total defense numbers in the screenshot, you can see that the real answer is that they just don't take any damage:

• The combo of Lydia & Mithrala keeps strenghten up basically 100% of the time and they both have Lasting Gifts on top of that. 
  • The combo of Shamael, Lydia & Ukko (in lead position) keeps Ukko spamming constant A1s when the Terror Head is up, so Atk Down is up close to 100% of the time.
  • Mithrala pops the shield up every 3 turns, and has Lasting Gifts 
  • Visix pops the Ally Protection up every three turns, and has Lasting Gifts.  (You can see that Her Damage Taken is way higher than anyone else due to the Ally Protection) 
  • Everyone is fast & tanky. Teumesia is the slowest, and with my Live Arena GH bonues, he has 263 speed for Hydra.  Shamael is the squishiest and with Hydra bonuses, he has 2675 Def & 48K HP.  

The only Head that I really need to worry about is the Head of Wrath when he does his Passive Slam.  If I don't have a Block Buffs up on him, he hits hard enough to take out Visix due to the Ally Protection, which usually happens once or twice through the whole fight.  Then Ukko Revives her, and on we go.

i

May 4, 2024, 07:1205/04/24
12/16/21
WileyMan

First off, High Five on hitting your PB in Hydra Damage!!  Woot Woot!

As for my team staying alive, it is truly a non-issue on Brutal; however, NM is a different story.  This was my original NM team, but I moved them to Brutal to max out Hydra Clash points when that became a thing.

With the exception of Mithrala, all the supports have Warmaster & Life Drinker, so they are doing some minor healing when they drop below 50% HP.  Teumesia & Shamael have Helmsmasher, Life Drinker & Bloodshield, so they are also putting up shields on every kill, and there are a lot of kills.  

My PB with this team is up to 384M.  If you look at the total defense numbers in the screenshot, you can see that the real answer is that they just don't take any damage:

• The combo of Lydia & Mithrala keeps strenghten up basically 100% of the time and they both have Lasting Gifts on top of that. 
  • The combo of Shamael, Lydia & Ukko (in lead position) keeps Ukko spamming constant A1s when the Terror Head is up, so Atk Down is up close to 100% of the time.
  • Mithrala pops the shield up every 3 turns, and has Lasting Gifts 
  • Visix pops the Ally Protection up every three turns, and has Lasting Gifts.  (You can see that Her Damage Taken is way higher than anyone else due to the Ally Protection) 
  • Everyone is fast & tanky. Teumesia is the slowest, and with my Live Arena GH bonues, he has 263 speed for Hydra.  Shamael is the squishiest and with Hydra bonuses, he has 2675 Def & 48K HP.  

The only Head that I really need to worry about is the Head of Wrath when he does his Passive Slam.  If I don't have a Block Buffs up on him, he hits hard enough to take out Visix due to the Ally Protection, which usually happens once or twice through the whole fight.  Then Ukko Revives her, and on we go.

i

Thanks. Akem went down several times, and i missed a few provokes cause the debuff bar was flooded, so I think I'll be better off with mithrala, I'll try her next week.

May 13, 2024, 09:1905/13/24
May 13, 2024, 22:10(edited)
12/16/21

Well, I tried it this week with mithrala

With her shields, no one went down, ukko never needed to use his revive.

Otoh, Akem did almost twice as much damage last week, faceplants included.

Edit: I need to get books for my Teumesia