Suggestions, live arena.

Suggestions, live arena.

Search
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Mar 19, 2024, 12:0303/19/24
02/24/19
sharkium

If you do live arena daily its quite certain you face the 30s + 60s +60s + 30s + 30s waiting time bug atleast once, its been around for a while now? Have you tried sending the suggestions using caps lock yet? xD

Doing what I can <3

Mar 19, 2024, 13:4503/19/24
12/16/21
evilized6666

I dont play live arena because it is not fun. I played some matches tonight to get one of the new missions completed.

Im down in silver 1 lol. Every fight is against another level 100, and almost every fight has players with +champions and high awakenings.

I get you dont want high level players steamrolling noobs but the fact that it is obviously not a just a straight up elo ladder as trevor pointed out is a joke for this.

I will stomach live arena for missions and I will go right back to ignoring it after. I would rather just select a preset and have the fights auto preferably like instant clan boss and pretend this mode doesnt exist.

PvP will never be a balanced aspect in a game like this and they should stick to PvE content because at least then I dont feel poor everytime I play. Not that I will ever support "micro transactions" which in this game there is nothing micro about the wads of cash people throw at it.

"PvP will never be a balanced aspect in a game like this "

I think they should sort players into tiers based on spending; Krakens only ever face other krakens, f2p only ever fight f2p, etc. :D

Mar 19, 2024, 13:5903/19/24
12/19/19
MooredRat

"PvP will never be a balanced aspect in a game like this "

I think they should sort players into tiers based on spending; Krakens only ever face other krakens, f2p only ever fight f2p, etc. :D

/s    was missing I think?

Legitimate complaints about Live:

1) Limited Time Slots - Needs to happen but low play frequency concerns plarium (chicken/egg?)

2) Slow pace (pick time, move time) - Chess clock then full auto solves this

Pure whinng:

1) Matchmaking

2) everything else :)

Live Arena tourneys coming soon!!!! 

Mar 21, 2024, 02:4903/21/24
10/17/22

Gave it a go tonight 1st time for 6 months, I just dislike everything about it, takes ages to play and I thought the matchmaking would have levelled out but it's a bad now as it was when it started. Makes you wonder how many participate because I had the the same opponent 3 times in 4 fights. I'm level 73 and in truth haven't got the greatest collection to choose from but I gave it a go but was getting smashed by level 100 players who had far superior set ups. I'd like some incentive to at least have a fair chance to justify the time it takes to play.

Great idea if you could select a pre set team to down the time.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 21, 2024, 11:0703/21/24
02/24/19
Trips

/s    was missing I think?

Legitimate complaints about Live:

1) Limited Time Slots - Needs to happen but low play frequency concerns plarium (chicken/egg?)

2) Slow pace (pick time, move time) - Chess clock then full auto solves this

Pure whinng:

1) Matchmaking

2) everything else :)

Live Arena tourneys coming soon!!!! 

Lots more players soon since the missions will force people to play at least until Silver 4.

Personally for the final mission champ of the game, the theoretically hardest one, I'd have set it to Gold. :)

Mar 21, 2024, 11:4803/21/24
01/15/21
harleQuinn

Lots more players soon since the missions will force people to play at least until Silver 4.

Personally for the final mission champ of the game, the theoretically hardest one, I'd have set it to Gold. :)

Wouldn't it better to make the content enjoyable for more people than trying to make it compulsary by linking live arena to pve progress?

Clearly participation is extremely low, i have done a few but keep getting the same players.

I think a lot of people who install raid simply have no interest in pvp and perhaps pvp and pve shouldnt be even more closely linked 

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 21, 2024, 15:5903/21/24
Mar 21, 2024, 16:07(edited)
02/24/19
Trevor Wilson

Wouldn't it better to make the content enjoyable for more people than trying to make it compulsary by linking live arena to pve progress?

Clearly participation is extremely low, i have done a few but keep getting the same players.

I think a lot of people who install raid simply have no interest in pvp and perhaps pvp and pve shouldnt be even more closely linked 

PvE can be all solved with a spreadsheet tbh.

For me, if there was no real PvP there's no reason to keep playing the game. Cause why do you need to improve anything at all or get more gear? Like, if you already beat everything but play zero PvP, why are you playing? Just to get your dragon h10 run 3 seconds faster or hit Hydra for a touch more damage? And that would what, let you farm a bit more gear to what, get your runs slightly faster or hit hydra for a touch more damage? There's no reason. 0_o

Mar 21, 2024, 16:0003/21/24
Mar 21, 2024, 21:15(edited)
01/31/20
Trevor Wilson

While I understand the point you are making of PVE & PVP being separate experiences, and players may enjoy one or the other, but not necessarily both, that is not the game that Raid has ever been.  I have been playing for 4 yrs & 3 mos this week, and by the time I finished campaign, I realized that I had better like PVP or I should just quit the game and move on.  (4 yrs later and sometimes I wish I had done exactly that instead of investing countless hours.)

As far as requiring players to only get to S4 to complete Marius, this is another example of achieving high level rewards for merely playing the game.  Unless things have changed since I climbed the ranks of Silver & Bronze, there are Bot Teams in both Silver & Bronze that will give you an easy win every time you lose 3 in a row, which should help most players climb consistenly, if not speedily.       

Mar 21, 2024, 16:0603/21/24
05/26/22

I used to love live arena but I rarely play it anymore. Too frustrating. 

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 21, 2024, 16:0703/21/24
02/24/19
Shibb

I used to love live arena but I rarely play it anymore. Too frustrating. 

Armanz out here ready to make it fun again, at least if you like banning him and seeing what happens when Krixia locks you out. :D

Mar 21, 2024, 18:3103/21/24
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

WileyMan eloquently stated what I was gonna say, and without being a condescending prick :)

I'd say git gud, but it is not required for live arena until G4.  Yes G4....

Mar 21, 2024, 19:2903/21/24
01/15/21
harleQuinn

PvE can be all solved with a spreadsheet tbh.

For me, if there was no real PvP there's no reason to keep playing the game. Cause why do you need to improve anything at all or get more gear? Like, if you already beat everything but play zero PvP, why are you playing? Just to get your dragon h10 run 3 seconds faster or hit Hydra for a touch more damage? And that would what, let you farm a bit more gear to what, get your runs slightly faster or hit hydra for a touch more damage? There's no reason. 0_o

We all like different things and that is cool.

If the rewards for pvp were cosmetic, cool skins etc would you still do it? If not why not?

As for why people play pure pve games- many do. People grind wow or final fantasy or similar games for a sense of accomplishment, bragging rights for topping their clan in raids etc.. without touching pvp. But as i said we all like different things

If there were not so many time sinks already in the game (such as tag) i might not resent being made to do live and might even enjoy it. But i do think the live arena bonuses would not have been added if the developers didnt need to try and increase participation in live.  

Mar 21, 2024, 19:3203/21/24
01/15/21
WileyMan

While I understand the point you are making of PVE & PVP being separate experiences, and players may enjoy one or the other, but not necessarily both, that is not the game that Raid has ever been.  I have been playing for 4 yrs & 3 mos this week, and by the time I finished campaign, I realized that I had better like PVP or I should just quit the game and move on.  (4 yrs later and sometimes I wish I had done exactly that instead of investing countless hours.)

As far as requiring players to only get to S4 to complete Marius, this is another example of achieving high level rewards for merely playing the game.  Unless things have changed since I climbed the ranks of Silver & Bronze, there are Bot Teams in both Silver & Bronze that will give you an easy win every time you lose 3 in a row, which should help most players climb consistenly, if not speedily.       

Just to be clear, i dont anticipate live being in any way a barrier to getting the champ, i have an old account as well albeit purely ftp.

Yes pvp and pve have had some integration since i started playing too. Its gone more that way, i stand by what i said- make the mode interesting enough to not need 'enforcing'.  Sure some on these forums like the mode but i do believe participation is low.

Yes i agree on the time spent, and i have contemplated giving the account away a few times.

Mar 21, 2024, 19:3403/21/24
01/15/21
Trips

WileyMan eloquently stated what I was gonna say, and without being a condescending prick :)

Who could ever think you were a condescending prick?  Not me!...   never! :)

I would be amazed if live is a barrier to progress for me with respect to marius.

The mode still takes too long and opens at ridiculous times however.

Mar 21, 2024, 21:1903/21/24
01/31/20
Trevor Wilson

I would be amazed if live is a barrier to progress for me with respect to marius.

The time restrictions are awful.  I only play Live 2-3 days per week because the time slots just don't work well for me. 

Hey Mods: Pass on another vote for shifting the time slots....like forward an hour per day so they are constantly changing to accomodate more peoples' schedules.

Mar 21, 2024, 21:3103/21/24
01/31/20
Trips

It's a bit hard to trust your assessment of when Live Arena gets difficult when you grind out medals & points by fighting your alt and just taking the slow climb of win 5; lose 4; win 5; lose 4 win 5; lose 4...

Personally, I find G2 to be a slow and tedious grind.  It is going to take me all year to get to Quintus/G3 with only playing Live 2-3 days per week due to the time restrictions.          

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 21, 2024, 22:5303/21/24
02/24/19
Trevor Wilson

The time window restrictions and total time per fight lead my feedback right now. I'm certainly passing that on for y'all (and for us).

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 21, 2024, 22:5403/21/24
02/24/19
WileyMan

It's a bit hard to trust your assessment of when Live Arena gets difficult when you grind out medals & points by fighting your alt and just taking the slow climb of win 5; lose 4; win 5; lose 4 win 5; lose 4...

Personally, I find G2 to be a slow and tedious grind.  It is going to take me all year to get to Quintus/G3 with only playing Live 2-3 days per week due to the time restrictions.          

Boom, roasted!! Someone call the squad to put out Trips. 🚒 🚒

Mar 21, 2024, 23:3803/21/24
07/08/19
harleQuinn

The time window restrictions and total time per fight lead my feedback right now. I'm certainly passing that on for y'all (and for us).

next time you're passing suggestions on, can you see if we can maybe get stone skin added to the list of buffs that can't be extended by lasting gifts?

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 22, 2024, 13:2703/22/24
02/24/19
Carpe_Piscis

next time you're passing suggestions on, can you see if we can maybe get stone skin added to the list of buffs that can't be extended by lasting gifts?

Sure, I'll at least see what they think about it being extended :)