All Categories

Suggestions, live arena.

Suggestions, live arena.

Search
Mar 7, 2024, 17:0803/07/24
01/15/21

Suggestions, live arena.

I tried this about a year after everyone else, motivated by the new champ mission requirements- after staying up until midnight to do some fights (since it is closed when i normally have time to play- just a few suggestions for the mods

I am hoping others can make suggestions too.

Firstly can we have this open at more frequent periods? if you are going to embed a mode deeply with pve performance then it seems silly to have it at such restricted times. It is always closed at the time when i am free to play and i had to stay up till midnight try it.

Secondly, could we look at the time to pick champs? at least once my opponent immeditely afked waiting for the system to auto pick his opponents, which were presumeably the highest power on the account. It drags out an already long winded mode.

Thirdly, if people want to auto the mode, with the lower win rate that would entail, perhaps allow them to select premade teams for auto - that would speed things up and probably increase participation (yes i know it is supposed to be live but participation seems low._

Finally, the below are the matches i got, in bronze 1

Yes some of the opponents teams arent great, but the matchmaking is clearly working hard to make sure i get someone level 100 or as near too as possible, even giving me the same opponent twice. He was obviously as thrilled as me at being matched again as he insta quit the second time. Please consider removing all such nonsense as player power matching or level matching, just makeit a simple ELO ladder. Players should not be punished for more developed accounts.

Thanks.

i

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Mar 7, 2024, 21:2303/07/24
02/24/19

Thanks for the feedback Trevor!

Mar 7, 2024, 22:0703/07/24
01/31/20

I made this suggestion on the Raid Discord a couple of days ago.  Please go give it an upvote.  Right now, it has lackluster support.  I can only assume that the people down-voting it live in time zones where the current setup works well for them, and they don;t give a **** about the rest of us.  Like you, the current time slots work terribly for me.  I only manage to do Live a couple of days per week.

https://discord.com/channels/532196192051003443/627229590737387552

Suggestion #23625

Change the Live Arena schedule to shift each playing window forward by one hour each day to accommodate more players. The current fixed schedule does not work for everyone, but if the playing windows shift forward by one hour each day, more players will be able to find times that work for them. 

Mar 7, 2024, 22:1803/07/24
12/19/19
WileyMan

I made this suggestion on the Raid Discord a couple of days ago.  Please go give it an upvote.  Right now, it has lackluster support.  I can only assume that the people down-voting it live in time zones where the current setup works well for them, and they don;t give a **** about the rest of us.  Like you, the current time slots work terribly for me.  I only manage to do Live a couple of days per week.

https://discord.com/channels/532196192051003443/627229590737387552

Suggestion #23625

Change the Live Arena schedule to shift each playing window forward by one hour each day to accommodate more players. The current fixed schedule does not work for everyone, but if the playing windows shift forward by one hour each day, more players will be able to find times that work for them. 

I've long suggested making 8 1 hour windows instead of 4x2....

Mar 7, 2024, 22:2403/07/24
07/08/19

any chance of cutting the turn length down? dropping the match duration from 30 minutes to 20 did speed up the mode overall, but it also made it way easier for players to stall for a timeout if they don't see themselves winning the match.

Mar 7, 2024, 22:2603/07/24
01/31/20
Trips

I've long suggested making 8 1 hour windows instead of 4x2....

I like the idea of the shifting windows, but more windows would also work.  

I made a similar suggestion for a shifting Classic Area Reset to give more players an opportunity to compete for spots in Platinum at Reset.  That has all up-votes; no down-votes.  The disparity is interesting.  To me, they both make the same sense by allowing more players to particapte in each game mode.  I have never understood why Plarium would leave Classic Reset fixed like this for so long.   

Suggestion #23626

Change Classic Arena Reset to shift forward by 1-2 hours every week, so that Reset happens at different times across the time zones. Players in all time zones deserve a chance to periodically compete for spots in Platinum at Reset. With a fixed Reset schedule that is impossible for many of your players.   

Mar 7, 2024, 22:3003/07/24
12/19/19

Ideally increased participation would allow more total hours available, 4x3 maybe...

Mar 8, 2024, 00:1103/08/24
01/15/21

Opening 8 times for an hour at a time is a good idea.  I think turn time could definitely be cut a bit too

Mar 8, 2024, 20:1003/08/24
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

Opening 8 times for an hour at a time is a good idea.  I think turn time could definitely be cut a bit too

Turn time should be reduced by 75%.  It is supposed to be LIVE! 

2 missed turns= permanent full auto

Mar 9, 2024, 01:5303/09/24
11/16/20

I dont play live arena because it is not fun. I played some matches tonight to get one of the new missions completed.

Im down in silver 1 lol. Every fight is against another level 100, and almost every fight has players with +champions and high awakenings.

I get you dont want high level players steamrolling noobs but the fact that it is obviously not a just a straight up elo ladder as trevor pointed out is a joke for this.

I will stomach live arena for missions and I will go right back to ignoring it after. I would rather just select a preset and have the fights auto preferably like instant clan boss and pretend this mode doesnt exist.

PvP will never be a balanced aspect in a game like this and they should stick to PvE content because at least then I dont feel poor everytime I play. Not that I will ever support "micro transactions" which in this game there is nothing micro about the wads of cash people throw at it.

Mar 9, 2024, 14:2803/09/24
01/15/21
Trips

Once the team is picked, i hit auto anyway so that wont bother me :)

Mar 9, 2024, 19:2003/09/24
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

Once the team is picked, i hit auto anyway so that wont bother me :)

Fyi. The missed turns does put you on full auto. Which means the holes dragging matches aren't even going afk just deliberately stalling...

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 10, 2024, 18:3003/10/24
02/24/19
Carpe_Piscis

any chance of cutting the turn length down? dropping the match duration from 30 minutes to 20 did speed up the mode overall, but it also made it way easier for players to stall for a timeout if they don't see themselves winning the match.

I hope there is.

It's a suggestion I and others have passed on before but will again.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 10, 2024, 18:3003/10/24
02/24/19
Trips

Locking players out like auto battles do is a solid suggestion to preventing the stalling

Mar 11, 2024, 02:5703/11/24
11/29/20

Another person here who has never played live because I just don't care for pvp or have the time for it, and honestly when I tried playing it this weekend to prep for the missions it was almost always closed when I did have time.

But I gotta take the opposite stance of Trev/Evil.  I was facing level 70s and 80s most of the time in bronze 1/2 and it's just not fair to those guys.  I probably could've gone in with two nukers and 3 uncommon food and won most of the matchups, this can't be a good feeling for them.  I remember trying to reach gold4 in classic for arbiter missions during the really bad times for matchmaking/points and it was zero fun.  It's also poor form to matchup with the same person in the same set of tokens, happened multiple times to me and they left every time after our initial matchups where they got smoked. 

PP definitely wasn't being taken into consideration in bronze and it should be.

As for turn length, maybe reduce it as you increase in tiers?  I think it's fine for lower levels.  Could also change it to chess match style... you got 10 minutes total on your clock, they got 10 on theirs.  Or whoever used up the least amount of the total time wins a tie?

Mar 11, 2024, 07:4703/11/24
01/15/21
chris

Another person here who has never played live because I just don't care for pvp or have the time for it, and honestly when I tried playing it this weekend to prep for the missions it was almost always closed when I did have time.

But I gotta take the opposite stance of Trev/Evil.  I was facing level 70s and 80s most of the time in bronze 1/2 and it's just not fair to those guys.  I probably could've gone in with two nukers and 3 uncommon food and won most of the matchups, this can't be a good feeling for them.  I remember trying to reach gold4 in classic for arbiter missions during the really bad times for matchmaking/points and it was zero fun.  It's also poor form to matchup with the same person in the same set of tokens, happened multiple times to me and they left every time after our initial matchups where they got smoked. 

As for turn length, maybe reduce it as you increase in tiers?  I think it's fine for lower levels.  Could also change it to chess match style... you got 10 minutes total on your clock, they got 10 on theirs.  Or whoever used up the least amount of the total time wins a tie?

Obviously i disagree on PP - the stronger the player, the higher he should be ranked in my mind. I find the idea of punishing someone in a competetive mode because they have done the grinding to be quite odd.

No it isnt fun if you are getting much higher level opponents but eventually those players go into higher tiers.

The reason it might seem bad right now is because so many developed accounts did not play the mode at all and are artificially low ranked - now that people are playing the mode for the means of getting the champ those players should climb ranks.

But of course, totally respect other POV.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 11, 2024, 13:0603/11/24
02/24/19
chris

Chess clock is a common suggestion too, I'll put it back on my current feedback list.

Mar 11, 2024, 14:1903/11/24
12/07/20

Cud always tell the devs to play LA for a week 10 fights aday, may well be more effective than just giving them feedback!!!

Mar 12, 2024, 21:4603/12/24
06/07/21

A couple of Suggestions:

1.  For battles that time out have the Win go to the player with the lower time used (Chess Clock)

2.  For the in Gold who really are not great and lose a lot, like me get Rid of the one-minute timeout penelty.  After I lose 3 in a row (to often) the game searches for a Bot, but there are none in Gold.

Mar 13, 2024, 19:0703/13/24
01/31/20
harleQuinn

Chess clock is a common suggestion too, I'll put it back on my current feedback list.

I second the chess clock suggestion.  That is a solid idea.    

Mar 19, 2024, 07:0503/19/24
12/18/19

If you do live arena daily its quite certain you face the 30s + 60s +60s + 30s + 30s waiting time bug atleast once, its been around for a while now? Have you tried sending the suggestions using caps lock yet? xD