All Categories

Guranteed Wight King Naraes (2/23 - 2/25)

Guranteed Wight King Naraes (2/23 - 2/25)

Search
Comments
Feb 24, 2024, 05:2802/24/24
01/31/20
kramaswamy.kr

Will he help me in either a) making auto Hydra more consistent or b) clearing some of the more obnoxious Sintranos stages? If the answer to both is no, then I have zero need for him. I literally barely touch arena - I do the bare minimum to stay in G5, and I consistently drop in Tag by not doing the weekly 10.

I think Ankora is a solid support toon on her own.  I had no Magic Cleanser/Reviver, so going for her was an easy decision.  As for the duo together, I think their value is almost exclusively going to be PVP, especially High Classic and Live Arena, assuming they live up to the billing as being a counter to Tarichka.  

However, I have only 30 void shards, so I am in no danger of even attempting to get Narses even if I wanted to.  In fact, I have never even been close to haivng 110 void shards.  I typically pull voids only during 2X events or for 10X events for toons I really want.  

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 24, 2024, 06:4002/24/24
12/30/20

I am not sure how much I'd be using them outside of specific Sintranos stages in a PvE setting, personally. 

I think they're pretty cracked in arena though, once again sad I'm a paper hands degenerate when it comes to saving shards :) 110 in this era of Raid is strong value for Narses. 

Feb 24, 2024, 20:5302/24/24
02/11/22

I'm not sure I understand some of the fixation some of you have with your Hydra teams. From your own mouth, you don;t even like doing arena, but the prizes in Hydra are arena gear sets. Why even bother min maxing hydra teams? You can easily run teams that grab top hydra chests in less than 20min. Just stop there, know what i'm saying?

Feb 24, 2024, 22:0202/24/24
04/18/20

one offer for voids in shop, 3 for £10. Firstly that is way more than usual and secondly 3?! where are all the 45 packs i see CC's get offered?

Feb 24, 2024, 22:0902/24/24
01/31/20
Swiftblade

I'm not sure I understand some of the fixation some of you have with your Hydra teams. From your own mouth, you don;t even like doing arena, but the prizes in Hydra are arena gear sets. Why even bother min maxing hydra teams? You can easily run teams that grab top hydra chests in less than 20min. Just stop there, know what i'm saying?

Hydra Clash.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Feb 24, 2024, 23:2502/24/24
06/24/19
Swiftblade

Issue is even if I don't like doing arena there are people in my clan who do, so I should still try to improve to help my clan.  Personally I like to see how I can push my own teams too.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 25, 2024, 20:0902/25/24
02/24/19
Trips

a) I'd be shocked of the duo doesn't become a staple in auto hydra teams 

b) this seems a given, even with the other rotations unknown 

c) enables you to progress in pvp without "doing" pvp

I think enables 0 effort tag/live for current rewards per annum of 50 primals alone from live. 

I'm curious as to other opinions from our late game experts (like carpe).  And our mods can chime in as well 😆 

I got him.

Can't see passing on such a strong Arena champ, especially since I did the fusion for his pair. 110 voids is crazy good in this game economy. haha

Dealing with Marichka/Taras is a requirement for literally the past year, and they're just more prevalent every week. The Wights seem very good in this aspect.

I'm also a fan of any arena champ that makes arena more autoable, so to speak.

Feb 26, 2024, 05:4302/26/24
02/11/22
WileyMan

Hydra Clash.

Oh i understand this. But in Hydra Clash, you get SS and Protection accessories, still the same sets.

You gotta admit that both Arena and Hydra are intertwined. One gets you the stats for the other which gives you the sets for the former. So, i'm just saying, pushing one without the other seems like going half the distance.. but to each his own i guess

Feb 26, 2024, 20:1502/26/24
01/31/20
Swiftblade

Oh i understand this. But in Hydra Clash, you get SS and Protection accessories, still the same sets.

You gotta admit that both Arena and Hydra are intertwined. One gets you the stats for the other which gives you the sets for the former. So, i'm just saying, pushing one without the other seems like going half the distance.. but to each his own i guess

I certainly do not deny the connection built between Hydra & Live Arena.  I do not aovid PVP at all.  I am active in G5 Classic G3/G4 3v3 & G2 Live.  The time slots for Live Arean are often inconvenient for me, so I am only do Live Arena 2-3 days per week, but I do not dislike it.  Unlike most players, my favorite PVP Mode is probably 3v3.  I enjoy the multi-part challenge of needing to field three teams simultaneously.

However, I think that you are underweighing the value of SS gear & Protection gear if you have compartmentalized them as Arena-Only sets.  Once Hydra Clash introduced 9 piece sets, using the accessories opened up opportunities for 1-3 piece combos to stack stats in ways that were never available before.  My Siphi wears two SS Accessories givng her xtra RES & HP that she could not get before.  Same for my Black Knight, who wears two Protection Accessories.  Best of all is my Maulie, who wears two pieces of Protection gear and one Accessorry.  She gets RES, HP & 12% Speed.  Now, the Cursed City sets offer another way to do this, but those sets are new, while longtime players have deep inventories of SS & Protection gear just waiting to pair with the right accessory, and teh only way to get those:  Hydra Clash.  

It isn't just about Arena builds.  It is about the best builds, period.  My Gnut wears a single Protection Accessory.  Six Star Myhtical CD Main Stat with a total of 74 Res including the set bonus.   

On top of the SS & Protection Accessories, Hydra Clash & Live Arena are the only two ways to earn Primal Quartz & Mythic Books (outside of events/tourneys), so, IMO, anyone serious about Endgame Raid almost has to do Hydra Clash, even if they hate Arena.  

That's my nickel's worth.     

Feb 26, 2024, 23:5402/26/24
12/19/19
harleQuinn

I got him.

Can't see passing on such a strong Arena champ, especially since I did the fusion for his pair. 110 voids is crazy good in this game economy. haha

Dealing with Marichka/Taras is a requirement for literally the past year, and they're just more prevalent every week. The Wights seem very good in this aspect.

I'm also a fan of any arena champ that makes arena more autoable, so to speak.

Congrats! I'm jealous.  Wave at me when you pass me in live 😆 

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 27, 2024, 01:0202/27/24
12/30/20
Trips

where you at nowadays? I'm now back up to the lofty heights of 1600, should see you any day now

Feb 27, 2024, 01:1602/27/24
12/19/19
dthorne04

where you at nowadays? I'm now back up to the lofty heights of 1600, should see you any day now

i

Just cheesing it at bottom of g3 😀

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 27, 2024, 14:3602/27/24
02/24/19
Trips

I just built him today. He seems pretty darn strong even in the no-blessing, random Savage build he's in right now.

i

And I just started playing like 10-20 matches a week. Still have a long way to pass you, especially with people running the clock down with picks and their turns. Locking them out with Yume seems to just draw out the salt and timeout turns.

Feb 27, 2024, 20:2602/27/24
01/31/20
Trips

i

Just cheesing it at bottom of g3 😀

How are you manipulating Live to repeatedly fight your Alt Acct like that?

Feb 27, 2024, 23:3202/27/24
04/18/20

Super annoyed that the low spender tag on my account ment I was not offered enough shards for this, only one pack on Sunday for me:(

Feb 28, 2024, 15:3102/28/24
12/19/19
WileyMan

How are you manipulating Live to repeatedly fight your Alt Acct like that?

No manipulation.  Just rng :)

If there is only 500+ in g3 and I queue up both at exactly same time...  maybe 50 (max 100) on at any given time?

Most will be either in pick selection or an actual battle, except those "speed farming" and quitting out alf the battles like me.

I think I've matched up with myself as many as 7/10 times, usually 3-5.  When I don't, I quit out some and do 1 or 2 real battles.  I get a few quits from opponents as well.  

If I have very little time that day, I quit out all 5 and do 15 the next day..

Feb 28, 2024, 23:3002/28/24
01/31/20
Trips

No manipulation.  Just rng :)

If there is only 500+ in g3 and I queue up both at exactly same time...  maybe 50 (max 100) on at any given time?

Most will be either in pick selection or an actual battle, except those "speed farming" and quitting out alf the battles like me.

I think I've matched up with myself as many as 7/10 times, usually 3-5.  When I don't, I quit out some and do 1 or 2 real battles.  I get a few quits from opponents as well.  

If I have very little time that day, I quit out all 5 and do 15 the next day..

LOL. Cheesing Live Arena. One more reason (and a pretty good one) to run an alt account....

A few of my clanmates run end-game alts on top of their main accounts.  I don't know how anyone would have the time to run mulitple end-game acocunts.  Running one end-game account is like a fulltime job some days.      

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Feb 29, 2024, 02:0302/29/24
06/24/19
WileyMan

LOL. Cheesing Live Arena. One more reason (and a pretty good one) to run an alt account....

A few of my clanmates run end-game alts on top of their main accounts.  I don't know how anyone would have the time to run mulitple end-game acocunts.  Running one end-game account is like a fulltime job some days.      

I run 2 but really only "push" one of them.  The other is just in maintenance mode where I do dailies + Hydra.  If it's a good fusion I'll do it on both.