All Categories

MH Archer Event - 1st Place in Champion Training Tournament (Design hurts Players without her)

MH Archer Event - 1st Place in Champion Training Tournament (Design hurts Players without her)

Search
Comments
Feb 26, 2024, 23:0802/26/24
06/25/20

Uh ... k? Not sure what point you're trying to make, besides bragging about winning in an easy bracket?

Feb 26, 2024, 23:5402/26/24
05/03/21
kramaswamy.kr

Uh ... k? Not sure what point you're trying to make, besides bragging about winning in an easy bracket?

easy bracket requires strategy by being lazy.  Why are you too poor to win?

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 27, 2024, 00:4602/27/24
Feb 27, 2024, 00:48(edited)
12/30/20
Peacefull

Learn to play: 

i

aka, learn to have very easy brackets where everyone else is sleeping/doesn't snipe 

happy you finally can deal with DT waves after all this time though 😂 😂 😂 😂 

Feb 27, 2024, 05:3002/27/24
07/01/22
Peacefull

won with 45k points, 40k of them were from throwing brews in...but my burst was so fast the others gave up....ironicaly, doomtower waves have been my biggest problem, but is easy now... so have 2 stun champs, 2 taunt champs, and 2 fear champs and she replaces them....I played four years, spent 30ish and have few champs booked, but booked those CC champs

4 Years and you were still struggling with DT Hard Floors? I mean grats on winning a great champ with a easy amount of points thanks to lucky bracket placement. Sounds like you really needed her and she'll be a huge boost for your account

Mar 6, 2024, 23:0103/06/24
01/02/24
Trevor Wilson

Its not really a dumb play by plarium the krakens will kraken hard whether for the soul or champ. They will make sure plenty of lego book packs are on sale for the event (its essentially credit card vs credit card)

Personally i find the idea of spending the price of a carribean cruise on a mobile game to be ridiculous, but clearly plenty do not and that is the intended market of the event.

It is/was.... aftermath is always easier to prove than premonition. Most people reportedly got here without spending, and at a mere 20k-30k points total. Some people had to whale out hard to get there's, because they were in groups with other whales. Credit card v Credit Card is fine I guess, if that's how you want your business model to look, but in the end, gamers will realize what is worth it, and what isn't.

As far as how much people spent, that's on their end, which, I mean, can you ever really trust people on the internet? Either way, it shows a very clear exemption for your player base, and if someone was inclined to spend any money on the game, being outspent and sent packing isn't just a "let down", you just out right quit or never spend on the game again. Plarium *should* care about these things, as they continuously want more people to play the game; yet they make pain points so glaringly early on for those new players that the impression is all new players get; spend money or don't play.

I've said it, continually, that it's okay if they make pain points to impede progress to promote spending; this should be limited, wholly, to account progress. Selling skill books? Ok. Selling chickens? Ok. Selling Limited time only Champions? Not ok.

There is enough time gating that even spending to forego progress impediments doesn't really do much for your account; you *can* clear Spider 20, but should you be? Or should you be in potion keeps, doing Arbiter missions, Mino runs, hard focusing arena/live arena/tag arena for great hall/area bonuses? Where should you be? Yea, that's great, you spent $300 on shards to pull some cool champions, but you can't build those champions without spending another $300, or spend a few months ignoring events/content while you focus on building those new champions.

Spending in games like this shouldn't be a predictate for participating in events like fusions. Events *should* be achievable without hording resources or spending. It is an EVENT, you want your players to participate in.

Think about it this way; if (and this is purely hypothetical) champions were easier to build; campaign farming XP was increased by 200%, or feeding champions required less chickens, etc.; How much more money do you think people would be willing to spend on Shards? If you weren't time gating and promoting spending on energy to build champions, and champions weren't a few weeks worth of work to build out naturally, wouldn't it logically follow that people would be more inclined to spend money on shards for new champions to build? So why is the opposite idea the winning strategy? Why is it a pain point to get champions, and then a pain point to build champions... 

Either way, the hill I'll stand on forever is that events should be exactly that, an event you want people to participate in, not something people have to commit to/spend on. Limited time events/champions should be treated with reverance, not as a money grab.