Feb 8, 2024, 20:4702/08/24
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Stoneskin is a skill check. Git gud.

You're brutal too lol

Feb 9, 2024, 03:0702/09/24
06/25/20
sharkium

But you cant apply skill check term to something which doesnt have a 100% failproof way to be dealth with, or am i completely wrong? by 100% failproof ways i dont mean build tanky go second team or the likes, i mean i go in, i see 4 stone skins, how do i remove that stone skin from all of them? Or should i ask how does one who has gotten gud, remove those stone skins with 100% chance xD

Let me put it this way. You're building a team that is designed to win by going before their team, debuffing them heavily, and killing them before they get a chance to act. And you're losing to a team designed literally to counter that *exact* strategy. And you think that's unfair?

The way to beat those teams is quite simply to not build a team that has to win instantly or else it loses. You don't need to build a tanky go-second team. You just need to not completely fall apart if you can't win in your first turn.

And guess what? You've literally been given a perfect tool to accomplish that, *for free*. All you need to do is have Wukong A2 their nuker, and then you can sit back and sip a coffee as you let the rest of their team do nothing, and once they lose their stoneskin buffs, finish them off.

As to your other question - the three teams I run on tag, two of them are full stoneskin lightning cage builds, yes, but I very much doubt they are anything like the teams you're facing. Mine are very specifically crafted around that strategy, running very high ACC to counter Mithrala teams.

Feb 9, 2024, 10:0302/09/24
02/28/22

Personally I detest the Stone Skin set, I know it's going to stay but imo it should be changed so that it becomes resistance Vs accuracy to strip.  This would enable teams to use SS but would have to build resistance in rather than the included 50% chance of blocking removals or steals

Really unhappy about Polymorph also, as I'm 14 missions from getting Ramantu but then I'll be in the same boat as anyone who has what used to be one of the best in the game and has effectively been nerfed by a stupidly designed and implemented blessing

Feb 9, 2024, 10:5202/09/24
12/18/19

Ya its true enough that you can A2 their nuker, my general grief with that set is, it not having a proper counter (forget wukong for a minute). Now mechanic and its counter have been going hand in hand since online games were introduced, you cant have one imba thing without something else countering it, the thing is, the set has none. If the game doesnt want to introduce the counter, then the game adds a downside to using a skill or set or whatever. As stone skin doesnt have a counter, the set should be 85% damage reduction (idk if thats correct) BUT you also deal 50% less damage until it wears off.

You simply cant introduce such an imba aspect to the game without having proper counter, people who have played atleast 10 different mmos know im right on this.

Feb 9, 2024, 17:3602/09/24
12/19/19
sharkium

Ya its true enough that you can A2 their nuker, my general grief with that set is, it not having a proper counter (forget wukong for a minute). Now mechanic and its counter have been going hand in hand since online games were introduced, you cant have one imba thing without something else countering it, the thing is, the set has none. If the game doesnt want to introduce the counter, then the game adds a downside to using a skill or set or whatever. As stone skin doesnt have a counter, the set should be 85% damage reduction (idk if thats correct) BUT you also deal 50% less damage until it wears off.

You simply cant introduce such an imba aspect to the game without having proper counter, people who have played atleast 10 different mmos know im right on this.

So we have to ignore the free counter that was given to everyone to follow your argument? 

Feb 9, 2024, 17:4702/09/24
06/25/20
sharkium

"There's no counter, if we ignore the counter they gave us" is your argument?

Feb 9, 2024, 19:2402/09/24
05/26/22
sharkium

The one skill I feel doesn't have a good counter is the adding of cooldowns. I feel that it should be a debuff that can be cleansed. 

Feb 9, 2024, 20:4802/09/24
12/16/21

I find that bombs are a pretty damned good counter to stoneskin

Feb 9, 2024, 20:5702/09/24
12/19/19
Shibb

The one skill I feel doesn't have a good counter is the adding of cooldowns. I feel that it should be a debuff that can be cleansed. 

It can be cleaned with skills.  See the high resist kymar builds. 

Feb 9, 2024, 20:5802/09/24
12/19/19
MooredRat

We will add that to the list of counters we are ignoring to support the no counter argument.  Thanks for the input! 

Feb 10, 2024, 11:4702/10/24
12/18/19

Ya krama ill just take the 3 free wukongs they gave me and use one of each in tag team, other than that i forgot about bombs and i stand corrected bombs are indeed a good counter if you have them, emphasis on word if. We have like 2 usable bombers you cant be serious noting it as a proper counter guys are you serious?

Feb 10, 2024, 17:5602/10/24
12/19/19
sharkium

Ya krama ill just take the 3 free wukongs they gave me and use one of each in tag team, other than that i forgot about bombs and i stand corrected bombs are indeed a good counter if you have them, emphasis on word if. We have like 2 usable bombers you cant be serious noting it as a proper counter guys are you serious?

I don't use any bombers, I don't have any issues with tta or stoneskin.  My favorite is actually stealing it with ukko or wukong. I strip it with ramantu and kimi team fairly well. 

Are any of my strategies 100%? Of course not. But I win at a fairly high rate and generally against far superior comps and gear.

Feb 13, 2024, 23:2602/13/24
05/26/22
Trips

It can be cleaned with skills.  See the high resist kymar builds. 

You can resist it like all other debuffs but other than to have someone that resets your cooldowns I don't think that you can cleanse it. Does block debuffs block the increasing cooldowns? I honestly cannot remember. 

Right now my counter for teams that increase my cooldowns is to use people with good A1's and passives. 

Feb 13, 2024, 23:2902/13/24
05/26/22
MooredRat

Bombs are good, anyone that can remove buffs, and just building a team for survival. 

I feel like stoneskin was necessary to add to remove the race for who has the fastest team. Not that you can't survive a go-first team without stoneskin but it really helps make go-2nd teams viable. 

Feb 13, 2024, 23:3902/13/24
06/25/20

It doesn't even need to be a team built specifically for survival. What stoneskin did is make the meta not be defined simply by glass-cannon speed nuke teams. Pre-stoneskin literally every team you saw was identical. Bolster helped a lot, but still required some pretty heavy investment in gear. Now, even the threat of stoneskin means that you just don't have those glass cannons, which allows teams to be built without the expectation of needing to handle those types of teams.

Feb 14, 2024, 00:1502/14/24
07/08/19
Shibb

You can resist it like all other debuffs but other than to have someone that resets your cooldowns I don't think that you can cleanse it. Does block debuffs block the increasing cooldowns? I honestly cannot remember. 

Right now my counter for teams that increase my cooldowns is to use people with good A1's and passives. 

it does not. block debuffs doesnt have any impact on instant effects, only debuffs.

Feb 14, 2024, 01:3502/14/24
05/26/22
Carpe_Piscis

it does not. block debuffs doesnt have any impact on instant effects, only debuffs.

So again then. Unlike any other debuff in the game the only way to counter someone putting your skills on cooldown is to resist them. To me that is a ballance issue. 

Feb 14, 2024, 01:5302/14/24
07/08/19
Shibb

So again then. Unlike any other debuff in the game the only way to counter someone putting your skills on cooldown is to resist them. To me that is a ballance issue. 

it doesn't function like any debuff in the game because it's not a debuff. it acts the exact same way other negative instants (minus the ones that can't be resisted at all) like tm decrease effects and decrease buff duration effects do.

Feb 14, 2024, 15:1402/14/24
05/26/22
Carpe_Piscis

it doesn't function like any debuff in the game because it's not a debuff. it acts the exact same way other negative instants (minus the ones that can't be resisted at all) like tm decrease effects and decrease buff duration effects do.

Call it what you want. It is a debuff. Saying that it is not is like saying that getting kicked in the nuts with a shoe isn't the same as getting kicked in the nuts with a boot. 

Feb 14, 2024, 15:2302/14/24
12/19/19
Shibb

Call it what you want. It is a debuff. Saying that it is not is like saying that getting kicked in the nuts with a shoe isn't the same as getting kicked in the nuts with a boot. 

Its not the same.  Boot is much worse. Source = TrustMeBro... lol