All Categories

Becoming impossible to be low cost or free to play and complete a fusion. Please make changes

Becoming impossible to be low cost or free to play and complete a fusion. Please make changes

Search
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Nov 25, 2023, 16:4111/25/23
12/30/20
Shimada

You can only work with what you get. Sure - I don´t expect to jump around in high classes after only 3 month. I love to work my way up - that´s the essence for me to play such games. I´m level 46 and could even fight Hydra, Doomtower a.s.o. But with what? (no - isn´t a question now which champs to use. it´s about the possibility to upgrade champs without the needed stuff which you can´t get/reach). And - no - it is NOT possible to get the higher stage stuff within these 3 days an event is running - not for a low payer or ftp. 90% of the events I might get to max. 3rd stage. 3700 or 6000 points for getting the whole event done or getting only the chicken /shards on the lower stages - a sweet dream but nothing more. The stuff to upgrade the champs is too far up (demanding an amount of points you can´t achieve as a low payer or ftp).

Yes - them promo codes. I got Chonoru and that´s all I could get. Every other code for the other champs (Lady Qilen, Deacon, Mordercai ...) didn´t work - despite what HellHades and other tell. "You already used a code" - after 24h, 48h, 72h ... And the Arbiter event was running at the same time (which I completed) and I got only the small stuff. Wukong after the 1st week (Don´t like him. But is the only leggi I´ve got - I have to work with him). But okay - so collect shards and you will get a leggi sooner or later. Sure - you get rare champs with the few blue shards you get SOMETIMES. And somehow this random generator is heavy in love with bannerlords/Sacred Order.

I only would like to have a decent team I can use to complete the daily stuff and get further up in the dungeons than stage 6. Not to compete with high ranking players - maybe in 2-3 years.

Yep - I´m already at nightmare (3. Catacombs). Why? Cause to get jewels for shards to get the mercy system to react. You want a shovel if you need one and not a spoon instead.

Upgrading champs? Get a uncommon to level 5. Another 4 as well (a lot of food needed - sarcasm on - but the green shards are a good help there - sarcasm off). But that´s the only way to achieve it. Unless - $$$$$$$$$. Every rare/epic is precious for low payers/ftp. For not to say "you also need a decent team for every faction dungeon. And double champs for the faction guardians." So - whom to sacrifice - you need them for other things. So - taking the droprates a.s.o. in account it takes ages to get only 1 to the required level to be used to upgrade only your starting champ (Kael). And FIVE to the required level to get the boy on level 6 ... It takes you more than 2 months. Meanwhile you collect mainly crap through the shards. Which you can´t dump as you need these to get at least something done.

And yes - I did read a lot of advice to "how to play". Best was the one "I don´t care what you´re crying about - get the 5 rares you get through campains (spirithost to diabolist. Oh! After 2 month and thousands of energy I´ve finally got the last missing - "Warmaiden"). But hey - he said "they are easy to get for everyone - so stop whining around". Yep - you can´t get rid of the impression that "such helps/advices are written by cashers who lost  (if ever had) any/every realistic view on what can be achieved." And again - "it´s different for a low payer/ftp than to a ptw." A ftp really seems to be only the prey for the ptw to bash around on and make points on them." (as someone already mentioned here). I´m happy for every advice and help - no doubt - but it should be based on realistic possibilities.

I did spend some money on this game (otherwise I wouldn´t be in nightmare campaign). But that´s it for the time being. ´til they realize that the main bulk of players are low spenders/ftp. "A strike of the ftp ..." Yep - funny - sure. But to laugh about such an comment isn´t very nice - especially not for an moderator.

A lot to unpack here. This game is a marathon, not a sprint - especially if F2P/low spend.

So, it's certainly possible to do get the top rewards in dungeon/training tournaments and events as an F2P/low spend,  if not trivial at some point. However, this requires you to be later on in the game and able to clear later stage dungeons, I am not sure why you would think to the contrary. Stage 20 is where you need to be. 

Being 3 months/level 46 means you are still VERY early, especially if you're having trouble with getting down how to get a level 60 champ done in a fairly short amount of time. Ranking up your first six star shouldn't be too bad, but requires you to get your starter to 50+, best gear on them and farming the highest 3rd or 6th stage you can with food champs. In your case that would be 12-3 Brutal since you'll want that overlap of silver and XP.

New codes that reward champs are limited to one per player and unfortunately you chose one that is on the lower side of usefulness, whereas Deacon and to a lesser extent Mordecai are great. Regardless, Sun Wukong is a very good free champion.

Don't do Nightmare campaign. It's energy inefficient and you are incredibly unlikely to progress your account doing that. You'd be better off making a team of 60s, farming the highest Dragon stage you can and getting your champions geared out better. That would do you much better long term. Getting stuck on the Nightmare campaign grind is one of the ineffiencies that just murders account growth. 

Lastly, I know the comment you're referring to and the gripe you shoehorned in (and had really nothing to do with the bulk of your post)...please learn to take a joke. Though we may be moderators, strangely we are not just humorless automatons. 

Nov 25, 2023, 18:2911/25/23
07/01/22
Shimada

You can only work with what you get. Sure - I don´t expect to jump around in high classes after only 3 month. I love to work my way up - that´s the essence for me to play such games. I´m level 46 and could even fight Hydra, Doomtower a.s.o. But with what? (no - isn´t a question now which champs to use. it´s about the possibility to upgrade champs without the needed stuff which you can´t get/reach). And - no - it is NOT possible to get the higher stage stuff within these 3 days an event is running - not for a low payer or ftp. 90% of the events I might get to max. 3rd stage. 3700 or 6000 points for getting the whole event done or getting only the chicken /shards on the lower stages - a sweet dream but nothing more. The stuff to upgrade the champs is too far up (demanding an amount of points you can´t achieve as a low payer or ftp).

Yes - them promo codes. I got Chonoru and that´s all I could get. Every other code for the other champs (Lady Qilen, Deacon, Mordercai ...) didn´t work - despite what HellHades and other tell. "You already used a code" - after 24h, 48h, 72h ... And the Arbiter event was running at the same time (which I completed) and I got only the small stuff. Wukong after the 1st week (Don´t like him. But is the only leggi I´ve got - I have to work with him). But okay - so collect shards and you will get a leggi sooner or later. Sure - you get rare champs with the few blue shards you get SOMETIMES. And somehow this random generator is heavy in love with bannerlords/Sacred Order.

I only would like to have a decent team I can use to complete the daily stuff and get further up in the dungeons than stage 6. Not to compete with high ranking players - maybe in 2-3 years.

Yep - I´m already at nightmare (3. Catacombs). Why? Cause to get jewels for shards to get the mercy system to react. You want a shovel if you need one and not a spoon instead.

Upgrading champs? Get a uncommon to level 5. Another 4 as well (a lot of food needed - sarcasm on - but the green shards are a good help there - sarcasm off). But that´s the only way to achieve it. Unless - $$$$$$$$$. Every rare/epic is precious for low payers/ftp. For not to say "you also need a decent team for every faction dungeon. And double champs for the faction guardians." So - whom to sacrifice - you need them for other things. So - taking the droprates a.s.o. in account it takes ages to get only 1 to the required level to be used to upgrade only your starting champ (Kael). And FIVE to the required level to get the boy on level 6 ... It takes you more than 2 months. Meanwhile you collect mainly crap through the shards. Which you can´t dump as you need these to get at least something done.

And yes - I did read a lot of advice to "how to play". Best was the one "I don´t care what you´re crying about - get the 5 rares you get through campains (spirithost to diabolist. Oh! After 2 month and thousands of energy I´ve finally got the last missing - "Warmaiden"). But hey - he said "they are easy to get for everyone - so stop whining around". Yep - you can´t get rid of the impression that "such helps/advices are written by cashers who lost  (if ever had) any/every realistic view on what can be achieved." And again - "it´s different for a low payer/ftp than to a ptw." A ftp really seems to be only the prey for the ptw to bash around on and make points on them." (as someone already mentioned here). I´m happy for every advice and help - no doubt - but it should be based on realistic possibilities.

I did spend some money on this game (otherwise I wouldn´t be in nightmare campaign). But that´s it for the time being. ´til they realize that the main bulk of players are low spenders/ftp. "A strike of the ftp ..." Yep - funny - sure. But to laugh about such an comment isn´t very nice - especially not for an moderator.

For Nightmare I meant Clan Boss, not Campaign. You only get 1 free Epic from promo codes so you choose carefully. The only thing I bought in my first few months was Energy, just to speed up the account leveling. I don't bash any F2P people, but I do ask they have reasonable expectations. 

Yeah a lot of Content Creator videos show you builds with end game gear and that is a problem, but its also why you need to search for F2P/FTP friendly videos.

I honestly wouldn't waste any energy in Nightmare Campaign and instead focus on Dragon till you get the gear you need. Dungeon is progression, you do Dragon to get to do higher stages of Dragon till you're running 16 or 20 stage comfortably.

As for Campaign, most people run Brutal 12-3 for xp for leveling champions.

Lastly it sounds like you're getting champions to try and Fuse Rhazin and Relickeeper? I wouldn't do that yet anyway. Just focus on a building a good 5 person team that is good for Clan Boss and Dragon

Nov 25, 2023, 18:3311/25/23
Nov 25, 2023, 18:50(edited)
09/25/23

"Shoehorned"thing. Yep - a good laugh is okay. Just after the complained of this guy it leaves the wrong impression when laughing about it. "Not been taken serious about the complete complained". That´s why I wrote it  But yes - we both know that ftps don´t add to the revenue and therefore their strike is irrelevant/hardly noticed.

It´s now the 3rd time that I play this game (1st right at the start, 2nd ?3? years ago. So I´m not new to this game and know that it is for long term playing. Yep - maybe I shouldn´t do nightmare already and take your advice. The reason why I´m up there is Lydia. And having a good one - finally. They rest will come with time. At "brutal" I have only a few stars missing. But the reason stays the same - getting a proper champ which lets me get on further. And makes me a bit competetive against those big guys blocking the way up into even silver arena. (Just minutes ago I had an 1.6 million guy sitting in bronze one. I certainly didn´t touch him with my 65k.)

Usually some start things only if they can see a slight light at the horizon. Without it most won´t even bother starting. Some needs to see at least a slight progression in what he is doing. It´s a marathon - yes. But if this means that everyone is already preparing for the hundredth one and you´re still at the 1st one, you simply give up and don´t bother anymore. That´s the point that needs to get across to the developers. Ftp means that also none payer or low spenders need to see a chance to (some day in a not soooo far far far future) to be able to play and have fun by winning against NPCs and competing with other players. Yep - it´s all set in classes. Question: "What is this 1.6 million guy doing in my absolute bottom class?" He shouldn´t be there. He is and that´s the issue - "this system of classes needs to be changed and improved". Someone explained why and on what base your opponents are chosen. But if there´re classes it doesn´t make sense what he explained.

As too "You can get everything in events even as an low spender/ftp". NO you can´t. And I explained that. The ranking rewards are out of bounds for me - ptw will always grab them. So I don´t even bother thinking about these rewards. But not being able to reach even the chickens because you need such an massive amount on points to get them is the point I was trying to get across. "The ptw need some challenge."??? Why are they called "ptw"? Because what they can´t get by normal means (marathon) they simply buy. The only challenge for them is "how far can I stretch this plastic?" And how is someone supposed to get that many points without throwing cash to get enough energy bought to get there? A ftp certainly not. So the question is "What is regarded as "low spender"? 100$/month? 1000$/month? or which amount? Without cash you can´t - that´s a fact.

And as I already stated "noone plays a game in a very vague hope that in several years he can finally start playing properly and from then on finally has fun in this game."

Nov 25, 2023, 18:3711/25/23
Nov 25, 2023, 18:51(edited)
09/25/23

Yep - the dragon is the easiest one. Right. I will take your advice. It´s just hard to find ftp-friendly advice videos. No bad blood between us - no offense meant. It´s just "in every game you get the same answers to the same issues and questions/complaints." And these answers are to 99% of ptw-guys.

Nov 25, 2023, 18:5511/25/23
07/01/22
Shimada

Yep - the dragon is the easiest one. Right. I will take your advice. It´s just hard to find ftp-friendly advice videos. No bad blood between us - no offense meant. It´s just "in every game you get the same answers to the same issues and questions/complaints." And these answers are to 99% of ptw-guys.

If you search the videos with FTP or F2P in the titles, you'll get much better info. But yeah keep running Dragon. You can do Fire Knight if you have good multi-hit champions, if you don't keep focusing Dragon and Clan Boss progression. Be patient for about 1-2 months, do all the daily quests and advanced quests you can

Nov 25, 2023, 19:3311/25/23
09/25/23

Kael is completely leveled (incl. masteries). Wukong, Chonoru, Reliquary Tender, Cardinal all on 50 and pink. Except for Cardinal all already a red star. Yep - I´m patient. And hitting around on the level 7 Fire Knight. every time I have 10 energy. Anyway an event running.

Ok. I will set an "ftp" in front of advice when searching for help. I will keep your tips in mind and we will speak again in the said 2 month. :)

Nov 26, 2023, 15:4411/26/23
11/10/20

You are NOT Meant to complete a Fusion unless you SPEND SPEND SPEND  

I have FREE TO PLAY played more then 3 years , 

never even thought to try to complete the IMPOSSIBLE TASK on an FTP account

Nov 27, 2023, 05:5411/27/23
12/18/19

The problem i see with fusions is that they need to be prepared for, ive played mmo-s my entire life, ive tried alooot of games out there and they all act out events one way, they give you the timeframe to do it and all you have to do is just play every day and get things done. Now what raid does differently is that if you dont hoard shit then youre out of the game instantly, it shouldnt be the case. Fusion materials should be on par with what people get daily ( i know its outrageous ).

Maybe change something so that you actually have to do stuff, like special missions for fusions or something, something interesting not just moneygrab pull 15 sacreds to get summon rush done, so everyone can have their fun. 

The difference between spender and f2p is that while fusing the spender can still actually play the game because more than likely they will have plenty enough energy, but f2p is whole another story, while fusing you cant go out on a journey to some dungeon farming that isnt on the fusion list.