All Categories

Becoming impossible to be low cost or free to play and complete a fusion. Please make changes

Becoming impossible to be low cost or free to play and complete a fusion. Please make changes

Search
Nov 20, 2023, 06:2611/20/23
06/03/20

The last two champ fusions are beyond ridiculous. This particular one you either had to complete all events or be 1 of the top 2 people in an event to make up for missing 10 shards. I used about 6000 energy and was still 700 points short of reaching the dungeon diver points of 3700. If you are going to have the point requirements so high please give us points for being awarded shards and champs and not just equipment. The last one I came up short on the very 1st champ summons and that made it impossible to achieve that one. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 20, 2023, 08:1811/20/23
Nov 20, 2023, 08:19(edited)
11/06/21

I agree - I also participate in fusion and lose a lot of energy. but there is a more dangerous moment here - there is no replenishment tournament, in the end we cannot save on shards. and we have exactly 100 particles. This is unacceptable, especially on trash champions like this one. I think everyone agrees that he is far from imba.

Nov 20, 2023, 10:4011/20/23
09/21/20

If you're FTp why assume you should be able to do all fusions or even should do them? I'm lateish game and haven't spent anything on the game for probably 6 months (before that only occasional gem packs). I don't do all fusions - I probably could but choose not to and save resources, and my time.

Suggestion is save resources for ones you really need or want to complete - doing one and failing is a waste. For summon events/tournies don't even start them if you know you might struggle to complete them - I try to go into each with at least 4 sacreds available usually and probably more. Don't rely on rng from lucky clan boss chests etc to finish them.

I agree totally with the only 100 available fragments comments - but plarium have shown they generally don't make things simpler or easier, especially for ftp.  

Nov 20, 2023, 17:1411/20/23
11/16/20

you can do all fusions if youre late game and have been playing for a long time. No harm in skipping some, I normally do every fusion but skipped this one for multiple reasons.

I was low spender during my first year playing this game but haven't spent in a couple years now, other than one of the forge passes.

It really comes down to being consistent and managing resources. Once your doing unm/nm/brutal cb daily, clearing both hard and normal dt monthly, and able to do your top 3 hydra chest weekly you should have plenty of resources to make it through each fusion.

I feel the average gamer nowdays doesnt get to that end game level and will suffer from burnout long before or soon after reaching it.

Nov 20, 2023, 17:1711/20/23
05/26/22

If you manage your resources well you should be able to do 1 out of 3 or even 1 out of 2 fusions. Time is another issue. 

Nov 20, 2023, 18:3811/20/23
Nov 20, 2023, 18:39(edited)
01/25/23

I agree with the OP. They should at least test play the schedule. It's whack. There are actully days of no play like today because the overlaps are too spread out. No play? really? No sense in doing more dragon for Diver. Wait till Ice Golem starts Do not play today. Seriously. Wait! 

Nov 21, 2023, 06:1911/21/23
Nov 21, 2023, 06:21(edited)
06/20/19

Why do people think they do no play testing.   why should they not have a day, or two, off during a month long contest?

nothing to do! Nothing to do?  I have plenty to do for that day or so each month.

Nov 21, 2023, 06:4511/21/23
07/01/22

While I get the frustration of not knowing the event points you need to get the fragments or fusion champions, it still is something you can prepare for. What a lot of players run into is this "Do everything" mentality and that's not easy (intentionally) for F2P. You have Clan vs. Clan every few weeks, that's a resource drain. Then there's the 2x Events and 10x target champions for shards, another resource drain. So are 3x Gear for dungeons.

So what you need to do is focus on the Variables that you CAN control and anticipate. Fusing Broadmaw for Champion Chase is something you can set up before the Fusion starts. You also can anticipate that for Summon Rush you'll have a chance to get extra Fragments or Champions that will let you skip some of the other events, simply by stockpiling shards until a Fusion starts. You know you'll need Dungeon Divers, Artifact Enhancement and Champion Training. You should know how to prepare for those as well.

But here's the most, and I mean THE MOST Important thing: You know there will be other fusions in the future after the current one. So you need to be SURE that the champion is one you really need for your account. The quality of the champions can vary by a lot. 

Ugir is the current Event. Look at the kit. Do these abilities work for a team you're using? Will this champion allow you to progress in the game in some area(s)?

Lastly, the Fusion/Fragment events are almost never your ONLY chance to get a champion. I burned through a ton of resources to do a Fusion earlier this year and then summoned the champion from a shard a month later. Same thing happened with a champion I failed to get from an event last year.

I'm skipping Ugir, he would be beneficial but not by enough to be worth all the resources it would take to get him. You can still get rewards from the events even if you don't get the fragments too, its not like you're foreiting everything.

Nov 21, 2023, 12:3011/21/23
06/03/23

Stop caring.  You are the value here.  Figure this out.

Nov 22, 2023, 01:1811/22/23
07/10/20

While using shards and hoping for that magic golden halo to appear is a bit addictive, as a ftp guy you really need to focus on not using shards until fusions, if fusions are important to you. 

Ask yourself... do i have 5 good champs for clanboss? Do i have a pretty good set of hydra champs? A decent arena team? 

Then you don't actually NEED to use shards... use this time to concentrate on dungeon tourneys and get better gear. Better gear will push those champs higher and help you excel in the game far more than getting one fused leggo will, with rare exceptions. And when there is a champion training event, use that time to prep a bunch of r5 food for when its fusion time.

If there are 12 fusions a year, maybe 2 are truly game-shifting must-haves... this guy was really just geared for arena, which is lower priority, so best to skip it and save your shards for a cahmp you TRULY need. 

Nov 22, 2023, 17:1811/22/23
08/20/21

There is a reason they call these GOTCHA games. 

Playing slow and consistent as an FTP is a nice sentiment, but even with gathering resources and using them at opportune times, many of us still fail to reach the goal we waited to achieve. That is where games like these get you, pay to play and then you might have a fighting chance. Otherwise, play until you get pissed off and then move on to something else. This isn't the only game available.

Plarium is a FOR PROFIT company, do you really think they care about a few us complaining? Sadly, no. Even the Content Creators have said the same thing and they make money too.

Nov 23, 2023, 00:1111/23/23
07/01/22
M60A1

There is a reason they call these GOTCHA games. 

Playing slow and consistent as an FTP is a nice sentiment, but even with gathering resources and using them at opportune times, many of us still fail to reach the goal we waited to achieve. That is where games like these get you, pay to play and then you might have a fighting chance. Otherwise, play until you get pissed off and then move on to something else. This isn't the only game available.

Plarium is a FOR PROFIT company, do you really think they care about a few us complaining? Sadly, no. Even the Content Creators have said the same thing and they make money too.

Just quick fyi, its GACHA game. But it might as well be Gotcha.

Nov 23, 2023, 01:3211/23/23
04/18/22
Shibb

If you manage your resources well you should be able to do 1 out of 3 or even 1 out of 2 fusions. Time is another issue. 

I've done every fusion since bivald as free to play. 1 in 3 in nonsense 

Nov 23, 2023, 23:5611/23/23
06/20/19
Shaman

I agree - I also participate in fusion and lose a lot of energy. but there is a more dangerous moment here - there is no replenishment tournament, in the end we cannot save on shards. and we have exactly 100 particles. This is unacceptable, especially on trash champions like this one. I think everyone agrees that he is far from imba.

I just don't get it!  If you think this champ is 'trash,'. And you think even the great champs are too resource intensive, why do you compete for this one?

Nov 24, 2023, 03:1211/24/23
Nov 24, 2023, 03:13(edited)
06/25/20
Trugdish

I've done every fusion since bivald as free to play. 1 in 3 in nonsense 

Depends on your progression in the game. I started in ~June 2020, but only by ~April 2021 was I at a point where I could easily do all fusions. Also, by saying "every fusion since Bivald", you're talking about a point in the game where resources became far more plentiful. "Back in my day", we didn't get a free refill to store in the mailbox every other day, nor did we have clan shop to get more refills, and Doom Tower was still in its infancy. 

Nov 24, 2023, 07:1411/24/23
Nov 24, 2023, 07:36(edited)
11/06/21
Angwil

I just don't get it!  If you think this champ is 'trash,'. And you think even the great champs are too resource intensive, why do you compete for this one?

I follow the lazy play tactics. I know that this way I lose daily resources, but this is my choice. 

I have accumulated a lot of resources and have not done anything for too long. Resources enough for 3 fusions. I miss. The last thing I did was Emic and Gnut. Since then I've been waiting for a good champion. I'm tired of waiting and I'm bored :))

+ Well, according to my tactics, I improve champions and equipment only during fusion. And it's time for me to do this. 

+ if in the next fusion where I will. return the collection replenishment tournament where you can use the summon of champions. it will be useful. In the meantime, let it stand on the summon list.

+ I like the orc aesthetic. And outwardly the champion looks like an orc. Even amazed why he was put in ogryn.

+ The very thought of trying to play Ugir with Pythion in the same team amuses me.

Nov 24, 2023, 12:2411/24/23
06/03/23

You are the plaything of people who spend money on this game.  

Plarium caters to spenders and their entire focus is profit.  (Think soulless money machine that only values money.) 

They bread crumb players who don't spend enough.   (They literally have metrics that determine how much "free" needs to be given to keep P2P spending)

They'll always give F2P just enough to make P2P's spend. (They keep you playing as well.  You can feel the manipulation.)

You get to play for free because, Plarium is using you to make other people spend money. (You aren't good at Raid.  You're being manipulated and you know it.)

Nov 24, 2023, 16:4511/24/23
Nov 24, 2023, 16:47(edited)
06/20/19
Shaman

I follow the lazy play tactics. I know that this way I lose daily resources, but this is my choice. 

I have accumulated a lot of resources and have not done anything for too long. Resources enough for 3 fusions. I miss. The last thing I did was Emic and Gnut. Since then I've been waiting for a good champion. I'm tired of waiting and I'm bored :))

+ Well, according to my tactics, I improve champions and equipment only during fusion. And it's time for me to do this. 

+ if in the next fusion where I will. return the collection replenishment tournament where you can use the summon of champions. it will be useful. In the meantime, let it stand on the summon list.

+ I like the orc aesthetic. And outwardly the champion looks like an orc. Even amazed why he was put in ogryn.

+ The very thought of trying to play Ugir with Pythion in the same team amuses me.

Ok I can understand that.  I skipped 3 in a row awhile back and almost skipped the 4th, but did it because I was board and flush with resources.  In fact I had so much food champs I had to one way or another to make room.  I don't even remember which champs.  So it really wasn't a resource issue.  Just FYI I completed skipped the current fusion,

Nov 24, 2023, 22:0411/24/23
Nov 24, 2023, 22:12(edited)
09/25/23

I agree with tazman and some others. But it´s not only the fusion thing. It´s about 80-90% of the events. The last few hours I spend more than 1k energy en the golem and didn´t even reach the first reward. The ranking rewards I don´t even think about - the p2w will grab them. The demands for getting the rewards  for the tournament points are much too high. And the stuff you need for getting your champions leveled (chicken) and shards a.s.o. are at the upper levels of every event. Not to be reached for casual spenders or ftp.

Why bother running for it? (to answer the question someone raised here). Simply to get "only one" halfway decent champion after months of only getting crap (not even a leggi throughout this time).

But everything you need to get forward in this game is out of reach. After a while you're pretty disappointed with this game as you seem to get nowhere - not progressing. Which of course isn´t an incentive to spend money (and even time) on this game. They really have to work on this issue.

Collecting shards for events to get one there? A lot of green ones - yes. Blue - as the name says "rare" (even rarer than rare). So how to collect enough to get mercy from the mercy system (though you buy additional shards with jewels). "it takes time" - yes. But honestly "who plays for a year before he gets into reach of the mercy system just to have a increased chance of MAYBE getting a leggie?" The free one after 6 months not counted (6 month is also a loooong time to get frustrated).

When I played this game the 1st time (some years ago) the game was better. All the new champions are nice. But they don´t make up for the many many things that got worse (for not to say "really bad").

Nov 24, 2023, 23:0511/24/23
07/01/22
Shimada

I agree with tazman and some others. But it´s not only the fusion thing. It´s about 80-90% of the events. The last few hours I spend more than 1k energy en the golem and didn´t even reach the first reward. The ranking rewards I don´t even think about - the p2w will grab them. The demands for getting the rewards  for the tournament points are much too high. And the stuff you need for getting your champions leveled (chicken) and shards a.s.o. are at the upper levels of every event. Not to be reached for casual spenders or ftp.

Why bother running for it? (to answer the question someone raised here). Simply to get "only one" halfway decent champion after months of only getting crap (not even a leggi throughout this time).

But everything you need to get forward in this game is out of reach. After a while you're pretty disappointed with this game as you seem to get nowhere - not progressing. Which of course isn´t an incentive to spend money (and even time) on this game. They really have to work on this issue.

Collecting shards for events to get one there? A lot of green ones - yes. Blue - as the name says "rare" (even rarer than rare). So how to collect enough to get mercy from the mercy system (though you buy additional shards with jewels). "it takes time" - yes. But honestly "who plays for a year before he gets into reach of the mercy system just to have a increased chance of MAYBE getting a leggie?" The free one after 6 months not counted (6 month is also a loooong time to get frustrated).

When I played this game the 1st time (some years ago) the game was better. All the new champions are nice. But they don´t make up for the many many things that got worse (for not to say "really bad").

If you spent 1k energy on Golem and didn't get the first reward, you should look up Energy to Points ratios for event. For example, on Turn Attack events, I run them on Stage 8 because its the highest points to energy I can do since I don't have a team that does low-turns on stage 20+. You might be running Hard 4 or something, when you should be doing 16 or 20 Normal.

For the last 3 points you were trying to make, I do not understand what you're talking about. Everything is within reach if you can do Demon Lord on Ultra Nightmare. Even moreso with Ultra Nightmare (2-3key) AND Nightmare (1 key). THAT is the content you need to focus if you're not able to do it. You will average 6+ Sacreds per month, 12 Voids and about 30 Ancients if you clan is killing both so you get 2 chests.

The ONLY Champions you can't pull from those shards are either ones you get for free anyway OR daily login champs (and I still think Primals should be able to pull past ones but that's another story).

Since I started doing UNM/NM Daily in December, I've pulled a 2nd Gnut, 2 Pythions and a Brogni. All great Fusion champions AND Fusions I did so they are duplicates I'm grateful to have. The point being tho, you don't *have* to do a Fusion to get the Leggo from it. Especially since I'm not sure there's ever been a Void Leggo Fusion? 

So yeah, 6 months to get Scyl is a long time, but you can be doing NM in 6 Months and probably UNM if you look up strategies. Lots of CCs do "F2P New Account" at the start of the year and you can see how far they get.

Now what it seems like you don't understand is there is Progression and you do need to put work in, daily, to get your account to a place where everything I wrote above is attainable. What I'm reading (and apologies if I'm wrong) is that You feel you should have a End-Game Account within the first 3 months of playing, is that right? Because that sounds awful, this is really a game to play with friends and I'd hate to put 3 months of work into a game that I'm then "Done" with or bored with *IF* its a Progression-Based game. That's the key thing I hope you understand is the Progression should take a while. 

Final Thought on this is that since I started playing in May of 2022, here's who Raid gave me for free randomly: Ronda, Artak, Wukong, Ultimate Death Knight and Deliana (maybe one more i'm forgetting). Most of those are AMAZING on their own, but God Tier for New Players. Oh and don't forget about New Player Promo Codes that guarantee you a decent/great Epic.

Nov 25, 2023, 16:0011/25/23
09/25/23

You can only work with what you get. Sure - I don´t expect to jump around in high classes after only 3 month. I love to work my way up - that´s the essence for me to play such games. I´m level 46 and could even fight Hydra, Doomtower a.s.o. But with what? (no - isn´t a question now which champs to use. it´s about the possibility to upgrade champs without the needed stuff which you can´t get/reach). And - no - it is NOT possible to get the higher stage stuff within these 3 days an event is running - not for a low payer or ftp. 90% of the events I might get to max. 3rd stage. 3700 or 6000 points for getting the whole event done or getting only the chicken /shards on the lower stages - a sweet dream but nothing more. The stuff to upgrade the champs is too far up (demanding an amount of points you can´t achieve as a low payer or ftp).

Yes - them promo codes. I got Chonoru and that´s all I could get. Every other code for the other champs (Lady Qilen, Deacon, Mordercai ...) didn´t work - despite what HellHades and other tell. "You already used a code" - after 24h, 48h, 72h ... And the Arbiter event was running at the same time (which I completed) and I got only the small stuff. Wukong after the 1st week (Don´t like him. But is the only leggi I´ve got - I have to work with him). But okay - so collect shards and you will get a leggi sooner or later. Sure - you get rare champs with the few blue shards you get SOMETIMES. And somehow this random generator is heavy in love with bannerlords/Sacred Order.

I only would like to have a decent team I can use to complete the daily stuff and get further up in the dungeons than stage 6. Not to compete with high ranking players - maybe in 2-3 years.

Yep - I´m already at nightmare (3. Catacombs). Why? Cause to get jewels for shards to get the mercy system to react. You want a shovel if you need one and not a spoon instead.

Upgrading champs? Get a uncommon to level 5. Another 4 as well (a lot of food needed - sarcasm on - but the green shards are a good help there - sarcasm off). But that´s the only way to achieve it. Unless - $$$$$$$$$. Every rare/epic is precious for low payers/ftp. For not to say "you also need a decent team for every faction dungeon. And double champs for the faction guardians." So - whom to sacrifice - you need them for other things. So - taking the droprates a.s.o. in account it takes ages to get only 1 to the required level to be used to upgrade only your starting champ (Kael). And FIVE to the required level to get the boy on level 6 ... It takes you more than 2 months. Meanwhile you collect mainly crap through the shards. Which you can´t dump as you need these to get at least something done.

And yes - I did read a lot of advice to "how to play". Best was the one "I don´t care what you´re crying about - get the 5 rares you get through campains (spirithost to diabolist. Oh! After 2 month and thousands of energy I´ve finally got the last missing - "Warmaiden"). But hey - he said "they are easy to get for everyone - so stop whining around". Yep - you can´t get rid of the impression that "such helps/advices are written by cashers who lost  (if ever had) any/every realistic view on what can be achieved." And again - "it´s different for a low payer/ftp than to a ptw." A ftp really seems to be only the prey for the ptw to bash around on and make points on them." (as someone already mentioned here). I´m happy for every advice and help - no doubt - but it should be based on realistic possibilities.

I did spend some money on this game (otherwise I wouldn´t be in nightmare campaign). But that´s it for the time being. ´til they realize that the main bulk of players are low spenders/ftp. "A strike of the ftp ..." Yep - funny - sure. But to laugh about such an comment isn´t very nice - especially not for an moderator.