Hydra Clash

Search
Comments
ShortOnSkillzModerator
Aug 14, 2023, 00:3408/14/23
06/24/19
Trips

i

We aren't very good at hydra, still herding cats... most of  big hitters are done.  I'd be thrilled if we hang on for 2nd or 3rd.

If only there was a good clan you could join to help you in your quest for Hydra glory. 

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 14, 2023, 00:4708/14/23
02/24/19
ShortOnSkillz

If only there was a good clan you could join to help you in your quest for Hydra glory. 

Trips will never leave his home and nepotism. Too busy giving his own accounts Deputy spots. haha

Aug 14, 2023, 01:1708/14/23
10/01/22
harleQuinn

So you happen to be incorrect on how the matchups were made, for one. This is part of why you are being disagreed with. 

Secondly, no personal attacks, period. Even if you don't like that someone else is disagreeing with you.

Let me break down how the matchups were done, so you can speak from a more informed perspective when choosing to get personal.

Each clan is ranked based on the Clan Power. And that Clan Power was used to build the matchups. So the top Worldwide 1-5 were all matched against each other. Sacred Pandas, GnL, Gallifrey, ET and IPR were all matched against each other. Then 6-10 were matched  against each other, then 11-15, and so on.

The screenshots you are seeing even with huge damage disparities happen to be from clans that were all immediately adjacent to each other in overall power, which SHOULD be at least some rudimentary indicator of the strength of those clans. It had ZERO to do with clan level, and was not a random scrambling of every clan within a level. It was the top 3k clans matched straight down the line.

Let me provide you an example from Thorne's own screenshot:

i

These clans are all 15, 16 and 17th level, so not the same clan level, nor did that have anything to do with it. These clans, at the time of the matchup, were immediately adjacent to each other by their own account power totals.

Here are there totals today, after a few days of minor power changes:

i

i

i

i

I believe QNGD specifically was 992 when the Hydra Clash began, so basically all of these clans were in the 990-995 range at the start time, and that is reflected even days later.

PR-S has changed the most since the matchup but they've swapped some of their members out and around, I assume within a cluster?

i

Anyways, this isn't me guessing on how the matchups worked, I know how they were made. And moving forward, the plan is to match up clans based on their damage to Hydra. So huge Hydra clans with huge damage will see similiar clans to themselves, with similiar Hydra Clash numbers.

But for this first one, the Beta Test run? The Clan Ranking based on Clan Power was chosen as the selecting factor for what clans got matched up against each other.

Personally it would be better for me and my clan to match up against rando clans of similiar clan level moving forward, but instead we will be matching the closest Clash scores. Gonna be tougher next week than this one, for sure.

So in summary: Worldwide Clan Ranking determined matchups, those matchups are showing which clans of nearly equal capability actually focus on Hydra, and moving forward the intention is to see matchups based on a clan's success versus Hydra.

Hope that helps you get a feel for how Hydra Clash is working, and will be! :)

firstly im not being personal with him, his comments are unhelpful and patronizing and he certainly has a hatred towards me which clouds his judgements on his responses, examples "get good" and "ill hold you to that ;)" (2nd comment he basically agreeing i should die on another topic) and mocking my time spent on this game towards his own(ego problem), this is what you call being personal,has nothing to do with that he is "disagreeing with me" its because hes just being again unhelpul and patronizing rather than giving actual information regarding this and i have absolutely no issue with someone disagreeing with me, since our opinions are our own. glad i cleared that one up.

2ndly im grateful you took the time to be helpful unlike him and explain in greater deph how the ranking system works, he could certainly learn a lot from you. however judging from all the screenshots iv seen and including my own hydraclash ranking, it does seem that clan level at the moment at least really does have some kind of impact on the way the matchups were made, iv yet to see a screenshot of any hydraclan matchups where clan levels are more than a few levels apart but i will accept this could be a huge coinsidence, and im not disagreeing with what you have said but i do find it hard to believe that power level of all members is being calculated into this (at least correctly) when were seeing the difference of damage of some hydraclash teams that sit literally in the billions of damage difference as logically you would not expect 5 clans with similar power levels to have such a huge difference in pts, however you did say that next hydraclash that the total damage clans did to hydra on this rotation will be taken into account when doing the next matchup for hydraclash, which makes a lot of sense, and if that is true then i certainly expect to see a much more balanced hydraclash matchups on the next rotation which is great.

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 14, 2023, 01:4408/14/23
02/24/19
oblivion01332

firstly im not being personal with him, his comments are unhelpful and patronizing and he certainly has a hatred towards me which clouds his judgements on his responses, examples "get good" and "ill hold you to that ;)" (2nd comment he basically agreeing i should die on another topic) and mocking my time spent on this game towards his own(ego problem), this is what you call being personal,has nothing to do with that he is "disagreeing with me" its because hes just being again unhelpul and patronizing rather than giving actual information regarding this and i have absolutely no issue with someone disagreeing with me, since our opinions are our own. glad i cleared that one up.

2ndly im grateful you took the time to be helpful unlike him and explain in greater deph how the ranking system works, he could certainly learn a lot from you. however judging from all the screenshots iv seen and including my own hydraclash ranking, it does seem that clan level at the moment at least really does have some kind of impact on the way the matchups were made, iv yet to see a screenshot of any hydraclan matchups where clan levels are more than a few levels apart but i will accept this could be a huge coinsidence, and im not disagreeing with what you have said but i do find it hard to believe that power level of all members is being calculated into this (at least correctly) when were seeing the difference of damage of some hydraclash teams that sit literally in the billions of damage difference as logically you would not expect 5 clans with similar power levels to have such a huge difference in pts, however you did say that next hydraclash that the total damage clans did to hydra on this rotation will be taken into account when doing the next matchup for hydraclash, which makes a lot of sense, and if that is true then i certainly expect to see a much more balanced hydraclash matchups on the next rotation which is great.

Firstly, I won't be arguing with you. Everyone is responsible for being polite to one another, especially if just making guesses on how the system works whilst claiming factual accuracy.

Secondly, I am happy you find my posts helpful... but just repeating for emphasis here, Clan Level played zero role in the matchups. As I said, Global Clan Rankings is how the matchups were made, and that's not a guess or a hunch. I provided the sceenshots from a post in the thread here to help provide you some evidence besides just my word that this is how it worked. 

Additionally, the Global Clan Ranking is a simple calculation, it is the total combined power of every clan member.

The difference you are seeing in Hydra damage comes down to the difference in what each clan finds important. Some don't find Hydra worthwhile, and some don't require Hydra participation at all. While the similarity you are seeing in Clan Level is just because clans of similar power are likely to be advanced to similar levels.

And yes, Hydra Clash matchups will be factoring in Hydra Clash scores as the primary (and potentially sole, but we won't know for sure until the Beta Test is over) factor in matchmaking moving forward.

Hope that continues to help clear things up for you.

Aug 14, 2023, 01:5808/14/23
10/01/22
harleQuinn

Firstly, I won't be arguing with you. Everyone is responsible for being polite to one another, especially if just making guesses on how the system works whilst claiming factual accuracy.

Secondly, I am happy you find my posts helpful... but just repeating for emphasis here, Clan Level played zero role in the matchups. As I said, Global Clan Rankings is how the matchups were made, and that's not a guess or a hunch. I provided the sceenshots from a post in the thread here to help provide you some evidence besides just my word that this is how it worked. 

Additionally, the Global Clan Ranking is a simple calculation, it is the total combined power of every clan member.

The difference you are seeing in Hydra damage comes down to the difference in what each clan finds important. Some don't find Hydra worthwhile, and some don't require Hydra participation at all. While the similarity you are seeing in Clan Level is just because clans of similar power are likely to be advanced to similar levels.

And yes, Hydra Clash matchups will be factoring in Hydra Clash scores as the primary (and potentially sole, but we won't know for sure until the Beta Test is over) factor in matchmaking moving forward.

Hope that continues to help clear things up for you.

never said i was looking to argue with you, and i agree that everyone is responsible for being polite to one another and this applies to dthrone as well.

and as i said i was not disagreeing with you, as i already stated i will accept the clan level in the matchups we have seen is a coinsidence.

and judging by the current differences in pts seen in hydraclan matchups on its first rotation i hope that previous damage dealt to it will play a bigger factor in future matchups, so fingers crossed there.

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 14, 2023, 02:1608/14/23
02/24/19
oblivion01332

never said i was looking to argue with you, and i agree that everyone is responsible for being polite to one another and this applies to dthrone as well.

and as i said i was not disagreeing with you, as i already stated i will accept the clan level in the matchups we have seen is a coinsidence.

and judging by the current differences in pts seen in hydraclan matchups on its first rotation i hope that previous damage dealt to it will play a bigger factor in future matchups, so fingers crossed there.

Frankly I want this kind of difference in points. It's good for a clan like mine where a huge number of people hit NM and really try. We could really clean up under that kind of a system!

And in the efforts of full transparency, let me share some more thoughts on this. With Clash Damage based matchmaking, our next matchup are just gonna be BRUTAL. Gonna be very hard for my clan to win those consistently. And on the ones we will inevitably lose, I don't know if it's fair to my people to not get rewards after scoring 9000M Clash Points while other clans in other brackets will be able to get top tier rewards with 4000M points.

I have put months and months of work into improving my teams. And years in improving my gear. As have my mostly F2P group. Why should we not benefit from that by finding easier matchups sometimes? Perhaps that's a problem with the system though.

But either way, Hydraclash score will be the thing driving matchups for now. We shall see how the Clash is received as we go.

Aug 14, 2023, 02:5308/14/23
10/01/22
harleQuinn

Frankly I want this kind of difference in points. It's good for a clan like mine where a huge number of people hit NM and really try. We could really clean up under that kind of a system!

And in the efforts of full transparency, let me share some more thoughts on this. With Clash Damage based matchmaking, our next matchup are just gonna be BRUTAL. Gonna be very hard for my clan to win those consistently. And on the ones we will inevitably lose, I don't know if it's fair to my people to not get rewards after scoring 9000M Clash Points while other clans in other brackets will be able to get top tier rewards with 4000M points.

I have put months and months of work into improving my teams. And years in improving my gear. As have my mostly F2P group. Why should we not benefit from that by finding easier matchups sometimes? Perhaps that's a problem with the system though.

But either way, Hydraclash score will be the thing driving matchups for now. We shall see how the Clash is received as we go.

i look at this more like a pcvc event scenario, i dont think anyones aim in a fair matchup system is to win every single time without fail, but if ur clan managed to better the other clans during that particular hydraclash rotation you would gain additional rewards, and thats what they are, additional rewards. But it will certainly give everyone the incentive to try harder in it. And i do understand that you have put much effort into ur hydra teams and you want those additional rewards (heck i want those additional rewards to) but it would also be unfair on the other clans if they are pitched against significantly stronger clans, there is nothing to say they diddnt put as much effort in and try equally as hard and are as deserving as you and ur clan to receive those extra rewards, so the only fair way i can see for now is it being based mainly off dmg dealt, or another alternative would be all 5 placements receive a reward, but of course the higher you ranked the better ur clans reward would be, this might be a better option overall as everyone is rewarded additional rewards for participation but still gives clans motivation to push to one of the higher reward chests each time.

Aug 14, 2023, 02:5608/14/23
12/19/19

Lol.... you were 100pct wrong about everything, Quinn is still being nice, and you still don't get it.  I'm the arrogant asshole around here, don't try pinning my crown on a mod!

Oh, and btw n00bs are making it all the way to gold live already!!!  Stuck at 2700 to 2705 for now though lol.  

Aug 14, 2023, 03:0108/14/23
12/19/19
dthorne04

still some nice work there. you guys have a bunch of turnover, or just trying to bring everyone up to NM?

i

I think we're in ok shape, but bottom clan has some heavy hitters left I believe, so does #2. Some of their top guys are friggin' loaded though:

i

We shall see. Clan has put a bunch of time into helping bring up our newer folks, get them pushing Brutal/NM asap. :)

We are churning out and replacing with 5 randoms every cvc...  get 1 good one every few weeks 😆.  Set high power req and hope for the best, we are ranked in 300s now lol.  But have 6 NM hitters only... 2 are me :)

Aug 14, 2023, 03:0408/14/23
10/01/22
Trips

Lol.... you were 100pct wrong about everything, Quinn is still being nice, and you still don't get it.  I'm the arrogant asshole around here, don't try pinning my crown on a mod!

Oh, and btw n00bs are making it all the way to gold live already!!!  Stuck at 2700 to 2705 for now though lol.  

if this was implied at me, then no im not wrong, because dthrone explained nothing about how the ranking system worked, and no1 is disputing ur not an arrogant asshole dont worry, you can keep ur crown.

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 14, 2023, 03:1508/14/23
Aug 14, 2023, 03:19(edited)
12/30/20
oblivion01332

if this was implied at me, then no im not wrong, because dthrone explained nothing about how the ranking system worked, and no1 is disputing ur not an arrogant asshole dont worry, you can keep ur crown.

To be fair, that info was in game in the news, on the forum announcements as well 

I shouldn't assume people read that, my bad 

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 14, 2023, 03:1608/14/23
Aug 14, 2023, 03:17(edited)
12/30/20
Trips

We are churning out and replacing with 5 randoms every cvc...  get 1 good one every few weeks 😆.  Set high power req and hope for the best, we are ranked in 300s now lol.  But have 6 NM hitters only... 2 are me :)

It's tough. we kept hydra requirements low to non existent (with low CvC reqs too) but have kept our core group together basically forever, while moving up and improving as a clan. 

I can't imagine doing Hydra on two accounts, especially for Clash. two manual hydra accounts would cause me to go clinically insane 

Aug 14, 2023, 03:2308/14/23
Aug 14, 2023, 03:49(edited)
10/01/22
dthorne04

To be fair, that info was in game in the news, on the forum announcements as well 

I shouldn't assume people read that, my bad 

ya its not like as a moderator you should try to be remotely helpful to people, oh wait..

just read the entire hydraclash guide, no mention of how the matchup system is done at all, if your going to post sarcastic useless comments then please make sure they have relevance to what were talking about.

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 14, 2023, 04:2508/14/23
Aug 14, 2023, 04:35(edited)
02/24/19
oblivion01332

You were completely and totally wrong throughout this entire post, and your continued aggression is noted and unneeded.

I took my own time to collect a bunch of screenshots for you cause I knew you'd pointlessly argue if I just said "The Matchups were done by Global Clan Ranking". That is your motus operandi in every other interaction I've had with you, including demanding I share my conversations with Plarium with you, so I went ahead and collected screens to back up what I 100% knew to be the case. 

But no, to be a good forum member, neither Thorne, nor anyone else, owes you a lengthy explanation with screenshots when you're wrong, as below:

i

There was in point of fact no difference between the quality of the people in the screenshots here in this thread. You were looking at 5 clans as close as possible to each other in strength. 990-995, or 300-305, or 1-5, or 6-10. They literally could not have been any closer in strength or power.

Instead, it was your assessment of the situation that was wrong, and you surely could have looked up these clans in game before. Yet you doubled down on "stating facts"

i

You can ABSOLUTELY cut it out about Thorne, it's been how many messages now with you being ridiculously mad because what, you were challenged in your wrongness? Cause that's what it looks like to me. He was correct in that clans who can't keep up with other clans of their exact power should and will fall back to lesser, easier, baby matchups. He was also speaking from a place where he knew how the matchups worked. Once you've doubled down about "facts" versus "ego" when you don't actually know anything about an issue, no one OWES you any engagement, mod or otherwise, in spite of the fact you seem to think you are owed engagement.

I asked you to be polite so we could continue the Hydra Clash discussion, but it seems more bickering happened the moment I stepped away. This thread is now closed, unfortunately.

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 14, 2023, 04:2908/14/23
02/24/19

PS: Thanks again OP for the feedback, I did note it, and it will be passed along to Plarium. Your point about making sure krakens aren't clan hopping is especially noted. Cheers. :)

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.