Countering Bombs in Arena

Countering Bombs in Arena

Search
Comments
Feb 24, 2024, 17:3902/24/24
01/01/24
kramaswamy.kr

Within the game, clearly.

Arena is an endgame exercise. You're far from it. Do the best you can with what you have, but don't waste silver/etc on this. Spend those resources getting dungeons/hydra/dt/dth/twins/etc progressed.

Just curious what you mean. Arena is necessary for some missions. I've been trying to complete one mission for 5 weeks now and I expect it will take another 2 months to complete this ONE mission. So, to move on in the missions, I think you SHOULD devote resources to it.

Feb 24, 2024, 20:2102/24/24
06/25/20

Missions are irrelevant. The rewards are inconsequential. 

Feb 24, 2024, 22:1502/24/24
01/31/20
kramaswamy.kr

Arbiter is huge for early-to-mid-game accounts.  Gotta do Arena to get her.    

Feb 25, 2024, 18:0502/25/24
01/01/24
kramaswamy.kr

I get some good rewards with missions. Gems, Energy, etc. And then there's champion rewards, such as Arbiter. I've been playing this account for over 2 months, and spent over $150. I only have 3 legendary champions and no Mythics. Taking advantage of getting a legendary is valuable I would think.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 25, 2024, 20:1102/25/24
02/24/19
WileyMan

Arbiter is huge for early-to-mid-game accounts.  Gotta do Arena to get her.    

Arbiter is worth the time, for sure.

Can still remember what a big deal it was for me to get her.

Feb 25, 2024, 20:1602/25/24
01/31/20
RaidTest0013M

I get some good rewards with missions. Gems, Energy, etc. And then there's champion rewards, such as Arbiter. I've been playing this account for over 2 months, and spent over $150. I only have 3 legendary champions and no Mythics. Taking advantage of getting a legendary is valuable I would think.

So, did you resurrect this thread because you wanted to argue with Kram's comment about missions or did you actually need help countering bombs in Arena?

If you have only been playing for two months, you may want to simply avoid bomb teams until you have a cleanser.  After you have a cleanser, the easiest way to counter a bomb team is to build a tanky cleanser or better yet a cleanser/reviver in Immunity gear.  Some strong options from the Ranks of Epics are Uugo, Runekeeper Dazdurk, Mausoleum Mage & Skathix.  They are all very strong champions that will help you progress across many areas of the game.  IMO, Reliquary Tender is really the only Rare Cleanser worth building out for long term use.  If you are lucky enough to pull her in the early game, you can get some really good mileage out of her.  

Feb 26, 2024, 02:2102/26/24
01/01/24
WileyMan

So, did you resurrect this thread because you wanted to argue with Kram's comment about missions or did you actually need help countering bombs in Arena?

If you have only been playing for two months, you may want to simply avoid bomb teams until you have a cleanser.  After you have a cleanser, the easiest way to counter a bomb team is to build a tanky cleanser or better yet a cleanser/reviver in Immunity gear.  Some strong options from the Ranks of Epics are Uugo, Runekeeper Dazdurk, Mausoleum Mage & Skathix.  They are all very strong champions that will help you progress across many areas of the game.  IMO, Reliquary Tender is really the only Rare Cleanser worth building out for long term use.  If you are lucky enough to pull her in the early game, you can get some really good mileage out of her.  

My intention wasn't to argue. I was trying to understand why someone would think missions aren't worth the effort as I see them having good rewards. As for the bombs, I'm actually stuck on a cursed city level where the boss throws a lot of bombs. I'm trying to work on resist and immunity artifacts now. Considering if I should spend more money to get the silver I need to upgrade artifacts. Working on getting the team up to 6 stars.

Feb 26, 2024, 02:2502/26/24
Feb 26, 2024, 02:26(edited)
01/01/24
RaidTest0013M

My intention wasn't to argue. I was trying to understand why someone would think missions aren't worth the effort as I see them having good rewards. As for the bombs, I'm actually stuck on a cursed city level where the boss throws a lot of bombs. I'm trying to work on resist and immunity artifacts now. Considering if I should spend more money to get the silver I need to upgrade artifacts. Working on getting the team up to 6 stars.

I have A LOT of champions, many epics. I will look through and see if any are cleansers, which will help in the arena, especially that stupid rat guy that kills me in one hit with his bombs. In my cursed city level though, I only have 6 eligible champions, none of which are cleansers.

Feb 26, 2024, 03:0802/26/24
07/08/19
RaidTest0013M

i believe the idea that kram is trying (and failing) to convey is that completing missions generally isn't a great use of resources. if a mission can be completed without effort or with just a bit of work on your part it's worth doing, but diverting a lot of resources just to do so is inefficient. you're better off focusing on areas to improve your account overall (dragon, campaign, and clan boss for you atm) and returning to clear the mission once you're stronger.

regarding the bommel fight you mentioned, immunity gear won't help. his bomb debuffs can't be blocked so immunity won't do anything (and its effect only lasts two turns so it's not super helpful for pve content anyway). a cleanser won't help either since his bomb debuffs also can't be removed. your only options are to resist the bombs or to heal faster than he can blow you up (or kill him really, really quickly, but you're a ways off from being able to that). that said, cursed city is really not something you should be worried about at the moment. don't waste resources trying to build a champion just to clear one of those stages.

Feb 26, 2024, 03:2802/26/24
06/25/20

Yeah. Carpe said it better. Blame my inability to type properly on a phone.

There are a ton of missions that are just plain energy sinks. Farming low-level campaign stages for specific item drops, for example. Or doing dungeons that you aren't at the right level for.

Do the ones that you can do easily, and when you get blocked, put it aside and revisit when it becomes easy again.

Feb 26, 2024, 03:4502/26/24
01/31/20
RaidTest0013M

Don't spend real money on in-game silver.  Buying silver is a black hole.  The best and I mean the absolute very best way (with nothing else even coming close) to get silver in Raid is to farm Spider 20.  If you think you need to spend money for silver, buy the daily gem pack and put all those gems into energy running extra runs on Spider 20.    

If you can't Farm Spider 20, Dragon 20 & (at least) NM CB, building out those teams should be your immediate priorities.   

Feb 26, 2024, 16:0702/26/24
01/01/24
Carpe_Piscis

i believe the idea that kram is trying (and failing) to convey is that completing missions generally isn't a great use of resources. if a mission can be completed without effort or with just a bit of work on your part it's worth doing, but diverting a lot of resources just to do so is inefficient. you're better off focusing on areas to improve your account overall (dragon, campaign, and clan boss for you atm) and returning to clear the mission once you're stronger.

regarding the bommel fight you mentioned, immunity gear won't help. his bomb debuffs can't be blocked so immunity won't do anything (and its effect only lasts two turns so it's not super helpful for pve content anyway). a cleanser won't help either since his bomb debuffs also can't be removed. your only options are to resist the bombs or to heal faster than he can blow you up (or kill him really, really quickly, but you're a ways off from being able to that). that said, cursed city is really not something you should be worried about at the moment. don't waste resources trying to build a champion just to clear one of those stages.

I appreciate the feedback. I have completed a dozen or more cursed city stages, including one of the bosses (after a week of building up champions) lol perhaps I've spent too much resources on it. As for the campaign, I'm about halfway through completing the Nightmare difficulty. My highest level dragon I've defeated is 14. Potion keeps I have completed between level 14 (spirit) and level 16 (force and arcane). Minotaur I was able to win the final stage. I tend to come in 1st through 5th place on the tournaments. On events I can usually collect the final reward, except soul stone and shard/champion chase are always very hard to collect all rewards. My clan usually does pretty well in CvC too. We've reached the third clan boss and will probably be able to kill him soon.

Feb 26, 2024, 16:0902/26/24
01/01/24

As for Hydra, I don't see us killing him for years lol. I only got like 180k I think with my strongest team, which doesn't even budge their health bar.

Feb 26, 2024, 16:2002/26/24
01/01/24
kramaswamy.kr

Yeah. Carpe said it better. Blame my inability to type properly on a phone.

There are a ton of missions that are just plain energy sinks. Farming low-level campaign stages for specific item drops, for example. Or doing dungeons that you aren't at the right level for.

Do the ones that you can do easily, and when you get blocked, put it aside and revisit when it becomes easy again.

When I farm to level up champions, I do stage 12 on brutal difficulty. I haven't yet reached stage 12 on nightmare.

Feb 26, 2024, 16:2102/26/24
06/25/20

What I meant was, some of the missions are stupid things like "farm stage 3 on normal for 5 boots with ATK% as a stat" or things like that, which are just a drain on energy and provide zero value.

Feb 26, 2024, 17:0102/26/24
01/01/24
kramaswamy.kr

What I meant was, some of the missions are stupid things like "farm stage 3 on normal for 5 boots with ATK% as a stat" or things like that, which are just a drain on energy and provide zero value.

So, quests aren't wortht the resources either? I've gotten almost all my quests done. I do remember farming over 500 times to receive one of those substat artifacts.

Feb 26, 2024, 17:0202/26/24
01/01/24
RaidTest0013M

So, quests aren't wortht the resources either? I've gotten almost all my quests done. I do remember farming over 500 times to receive one of those substat artifacts.

But I do try to make it worth more by upgrading champions at the same time.

Feb 26, 2024, 19:0402/26/24
05/26/22
kramaswamy.kr

I completely agree with this. It isn't that I wouldn't do the quests but I wouldn't focus too hard on them either. Arbiter is good but I personally wouldn't go down the rabit trail of trying to get the fastest Arbiter for arena. She helps out elsewhere but I wouldn't say she is a make or break type of champion. 

Sep 13, 2024, 15:406 days
10/21/22
Shibb

I completely disagree that it is an end game exercise. There is plenty of fun to have in the lower levels of arena. That is why the lower levels exist. 

Definitely. Platinum Arena is endgame. You can't get Arbiter without doing Arena, and you don't wait until endgame to get Arbiter