All Categories

F2P vs P2W Argument

F2P vs P2W Argument

Search
Comments
Mar 20, 2023, 07:1503/20/23
11/19/22

If Raid is anything like Summoners War, then you people have no idea what P2W really means until live arena hits. :)

Mar 20, 2023, 08:2703/20/23
Mar 20, 2023, 08:52(edited)
01/15/21
xGhostwindx

So if you haven't done plat arena, im assuming then you have not done plat gold 3v3 as well, as gold 3v3 is much harder than standard arena for most. Most free 2 play players will never see gold 3v3.

I doubt very few f2p accounts have cleared iron twins 15, and fewer yet have prob passed stage 10 or higher on sand devils.  I also doubt nearly all f2p accounts above lvl 100 win very many tournaments 1st place.  As I went from winning about 85% of them to being able to place top 10 in nearly any of them anymore after i hit lvl 70.

I have transitioned to f2p and even after saving since last fusion barly had enough shards for this one.  can barely hit 150k in cvc....  Also I do everything i can daily spending every drop of energy... All normal dungeons on 25 farm, Iron Twins stage 12, sand devils stage 7,  Been clearing Norm DT for about 8 months, generally floor 60-80 hard dt for past 6 months.  stuck between bronze 4 and silver 1 3v3 but have applied little effort, most teams are absurd with most +2 or +3 champs.  Came very close to hitting plat once, but now i just single defense farm gold 5

The further i get into the game the less I can do i am noticing.  Also no longer really having access to Relentless Gear, Defiant, Bolster sets etc... is really hurting progression at this point.  Grats whales you bought the game.

Have hit G4 tag, done iron twins 15, finished all levels sand devils although i dont farm it regularly. 

I imagine a lot of f2p players have? it just takes a longer time as in years.

Plat is a problem since it resets while i am asleep and i refuse to sit up in the early hours playing a game.

Dont get me wrong, paying does give advantages, but most of my clan are ftp, and i would say half have completed all the content.

Mar 20, 2023, 16:4703/20/23
Mar 20, 2023, 16:47(edited)
07/10/20

OP, honest question here, but can I just ask... why are you playing the game? 

While I disagree with much of what you are saying, I respect that your opinion is your opinion, based on your perception of the game and how you interact with it, and that it drives your feelings of discontent. So, since you are smart enough to know that no one at HQ is going to read your post and change the game based on it, and thus smart enough to know that your discontent with the game will only continue to grow and fester... why are you still playing? There is so much life and experience out there to have, why devote yourself to something that you find so unfair?

Honest question. 

Mar 20, 2023, 17:4303/20/23
09/02/22

So what are the solutions to the multitude of "issues" you seem to have with Raid?

How do we "level the playing field" so to speak?

How do you suggest that Plarium remove the advantage that spending players have over F2P players while maintaining their current rate of profit? (Because make no mistake, no company in the world is going to willingly make changes that will negatively affect their profit margin).  

No offense, but all I see from your post is a growing list of how things "aren't fair". I've yet to see you offer a single viable solution to these "problems".

Mar 20, 2023, 17:5603/20/23
02/11/22

It's unfortunate, maybe, but f2p games are like this. They're only free so they can make absurd amounts of money from a select few ready to swipe their credit cards over and over. And this business model unfortunately creates huge gaps between f2p and p2w players. And such is life. In the end though, the real winner is the f2p. He paid zero for "infinite" entertainment.

Your other option is to get a better PC (which will cost you money, and not little), buy yourself a AAA game, or two or three, until you find one you like, and play it. But those AAA games typically sell for 75-100 bucks, So no free to play on those ones. However, it's true that those games are typically not focused on micro-transactions to make their dough. They will instead create "seasons", which act as a kind of subscription fee, again, not free. But, the playing field is leveled for everyone, that is the advantage i guess.

So. you have a decision to make. Play f2p games for free, and shut up, or buy your way to the top. Or, buy other games which still costs you money but have more balanced environments. Or finally, if all this is not good for you, you can take out your old chess or monopoly boards and play with your kids. This costs you nothing :P