All Categories

Calm Down on Fusions and Fragment Summons

Calm Down on Fusions and Fragment Summons

Search
Comments
Mar 16, 2023, 13:2303/16/23
01/15/21

Just skip the ones you do not really need, i did ukko and pythion for example as i knew i had use for  them, but skipped a bunch of others recently.

Mar 16, 2023, 18:1603/16/23
06/16/22
Kankle69

I know it seems like I have an issue with people who choose to participate in Raid as F2P. I honestly don't. I could really care less how anyone else chooses to play this game. 

What I have an issue with is the constant, never ending barrage of post... complaining and demanding that the game be changed to fit a particular playstyle when that playstyle doesn't make any monetary contribution to maintaining or developing the game further. That events and activities should be removed, restricted, or modified because they weren’t designed with the F2P player in mind. That the game is unbalanced because people who choose to spend money have an unfair advantage over people who choose not to.

Imagine if someone stated... in every single post they made: "As a $1,000+/month spender I think Plarium should make __________ change to accommodate my playstyle." or "I spend money. I should always win in Arena against a F2P player." or "As a spender I feel that I should get a bonus to drops in dungeons." They would be flamed off the forums. There would be 10 pages of replies telling them how selfish they are or how spending money doesn't entitle them to special treatment. 

So here's a challenge. Someone name me one aspect of this game that someone who is F2P doesn't have access to. Name me one feature that is locked behind a pay wall... an activity that a player cannot participate
in unless they spend money.   

Gold Tag Team :) 

/s (kinda)

Mar 17, 2023, 00:0003/17/23
01/15/21

Lots of FTP players hit gold tag, I am completely FTP and bounce between G3 and G4 most weeks . The area I would consider hard for FTP is plat arena but there may be some FTP in plat.   Paying is a shortcut to winning but if you stay around a very long time you get a decent roster and can sort of 

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 17, 2023, 12:0203/17/23
02/24/19
Trevor Wilson

Lots of FTP players hit gold tag, I am completely FTP and bounce between G3 and G4 most weeks . The area I would consider hard for FTP is plat arena but there may be some FTP in plat.   Paying is a shortcut to winning but if you stay around a very long time you get a decent roster and can sort of 

I've made it, I know a couple others. Not many, but we're out there.

Mar 17, 2023, 13:0503/17/23
01/15/21
harleQuinn

I've made it, I know a couple others. Not many, but we're out there.

I can imagine a few more ftp have hit plat but i feel its the main whale area, it is one area where i think you need a really good roster to switch champs in and out for quick wins at reset.

But of course if you play long enough - you have that roster.

The android editor is completely broken btw, which is why i sometimes seem to only write half a sentence.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 17, 2023, 13:1203/17/23
02/24/19
Trevor Wilson

I can imagine a few more ftp have hit plat but i feel its the main whale area, it is one area where i think you need a really good roster to switch champs in and out for quick wins at reset.

But of course if you play long enough - you have that roster.

The android editor is completely broken btw, which is why i sometimes seem to only write half a sentence.

Yeah, it is. It is better than it was, but there is still an issue with android formatting they are trying to work out.

And I'm sure there are a lot more who have done it F2P, but that is where things seem nigh impossible. The reset is in the middle of the night for me, so I don't push Plat much, but it is where I feel the most disparity between my account and the +2 to +4 everywhere accounts I am up against.

Mar 18, 2023, 21:0503/18/23
Mar 18, 2023, 21:07(edited)
04/23/22
Kankle69

I know it seems like I have an issue with people who choose to participate in Raid as F2P. I honestly don't. I could really care less how anyone else chooses to play this game. 

What I have an issue with is the constant, never ending barrage of post... complaining and demanding that the game be changed to fit a particular playstyle when that playstyle doesn't make any monetary contribution to maintaining or developing the game further. That events and activities should be removed, restricted, or modified because they weren’t designed with the F2P player in mind. That the game is unbalanced because people who choose to spend money have an unfair advantage over people who choose not to.

Imagine if someone stated... in every single post they made: "As a $1,000+/month spender I think Plarium should make __________ change to accommodate my playstyle." or "I spend money. I should always win in Arena against a F2P player." or "As a spender I feel that I should get a bonus to drops in dungeons." They would be flamed off the forums. There would be 10 pages of replies telling them how selfish they are or how spending money doesn't entitle them to special treatment. 

So here's a challenge. Someone name me one aspect of this game that someone who is F2P doesn't have access to. Name me one feature that is locked behind a pay wall... an activity that a player cannot participate
in unless they spend money.   

The entirer arguement you are making is stupid, what if one ufc fighter had to fight blind folded? you think it would be a good match?  What if one NFL team only had to go 50 yards to score? or one basketball team started with an extra 50 points at beginning of game.  Not very many people would enjoy the unfair advantage.  Sure would be nice for the priveledged few.... But exactly what would be the point of playing or even spectating the game?  If the matched was already decided prior to playing based on something exterior to the game itself, such as a credit card, and was no longer based purely on skill, knowledge or ability then what exactly is the point?

Wounder how exciting a pokemon match would be if you could just buy extra energy every round....

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 18, 2023, 21:4103/18/23
12/30/20
xGhostwindx

The entirer arguement you are making is stupid, what if one ufc fighter had to fight blind folded? you think it would be a good match?  What if one NFL team only had to go 50 yards to score? or one basketball team started with an extra 50 points at beginning of game.  Not very many people would enjoy the unfair advantage.  Sure would be nice for the priveledged few.... But exactly what would be the point of playing or even spectating the game?  If the matched was already decided prior to playing based on something exterior to the game itself, such as a credit card, and was no longer based purely on skill, knowledge or ability then what exactly is the point?

Wounder how exciting a pokemon match would be if you could just buy extra energy every round....

glossing over Kankle's points while going into some serious mental gymnastics 😂

A physical competition where people can get injured and a video game in which we watch our animated characters do battle, don't really seem analagous to me. Not to mention with sports like the NFL and NBA there are distinct physical advantages other places have versus one another and yet we still watch those games, don't we? 

Where is the line? What if I have been luckier than you, spent more time playing the game, done so in a more intelligent fashion or all of the above? 

Mar 18, 2023, 21:4903/18/23
12/19/19

The absurdity of the arguments by OP... just hilarious 😂 

Mar 19, 2023, 01:5203/19/23
04/23/22

The difference is they are comparing your physical capabilings against the other team, not your income

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 19, 2023, 05:4203/19/23
02/24/19
Trips

The absurdity of the arguments by OP... just hilarious 😂 

This is why you visit Reddit though. lol

Mar 20, 2023, 12:2103/20/23
09/02/22
xGhostwindx

"The entire argument you are making is stupid" - Okay, at no point in your entire post did you make anything that resembles a valid argument to anything I stated... yet somehow, I was the one making the "stupid" argument. 

Please site a single time in my post where I refer to (what you perceive as) "fairness". 

Not once have I ever claimed that someone who CHOOSES to participate in the game as F2P will experience the same outcome with the same amount of time & effort as someone who CHOOSES to spend money. I merely pointed out that there isn't a single activity in the entire game that has been placed behind a "pay wall". A F2P account has the same access to activities provided by the game as someone who spends thousands of dollars.

Now if you would like to have a civilized conversation about the difference between the equality of opportunity vs equality of outcome as it pertains to Raid Shadow Legends, I will be more than happy to engage with you on those topics. What I won't do is respond further to someone who feels that it is appropriate to refer to another's opinion as "stupid" because it doesn't match theirs.