Non-grindy content.

Non-grindy content.

Search
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Feb 27, 2023, 23:5202/27/23
02/24/19
Balltazer

I actually enjoy playing Arena....not farming it, I can do that anytime...I mean I still like to try different comps and play against people. So I would absolutely spend time trying out different champs, comps, synergies, speed tunes etc. even if I get nothing to show for it. 

As for why I feel cheated, it's not the gameplay of spending vs f2p. If anything, I've been enjoying the game a lot more as an f2p, lower expectations make the game a lot more enjoyable than feeling that you are buying your way to the top. It's that the game keeps coming up with grand new stuff I couldn't care less for as opposed to minor changes I (and many others, for that matter) would like to see in the game. It's that having spent outrageous (maybe not by Raid whale standards, but anywhere else) amounts of money on the game doesn't even entitle you to feel like a valued customer, you will always be regarded as "some rando asking for free stuff". 

The way I see it, what we ask for doesn't really matter. I'd be ok with it if I was alone in that. No, I see players asking for it, I see content creators asking for it, I see whales asking for it....but Plarium is gonna Plarium. That's where I feel cheated. Like another forum member said, "If I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not".....well, I bought the bone, paid good money for the bone, and they still couldn't care less if it tastes good. That's why I feel cheated. I'm not saying I was cheated, I spent that money, that's on me....but somehow it doesn't make me feel good by contributing to that company anymore...not even with my playtime. 

I see a lot of new things coming into the game. I also see a LOT of QoL changes over the years. 

Stuff like Doom Tower? That was a widely requested piece of content before we saw it. A huge QOL change for people with literally nothing to do.The tavern changes, vault space, instant upgrade, expanded multibattle features like auto gear selling and end during battle, the whole fitting room, hydra changes to difficulty, improved hydra rewards at all difficulties, a bunch of new champ buffs and rebalances that we didn't used to see (like my very first leggo Errol getting an awesome buff), even all the new live arena is in response to everyone competing that say classic arena is just button clicking (at my skill and champ level, it is just put in one team and click start until you get to top 50).

Gosh I am leaving so many changes out... some major things and all the minor things that get changed. See, cause I know even things people rage about like XP barrels are just to let people who want to spend to upgrade do it with less a PITA. They buy one thing instead of needing to buy 120 brews and just click once instead of 120 times.

Basically I find the assertion that Plarium doesn't listen to things people ask for crazy and just wrong, since I have been around long enough to see a bunch of those changes, and argued for a decent number of them myself. As a moderator, I have been collecting feedback and seeing changes based on that since before you started the game. Not always in the order I want to see things done, but even in my position, I am on the outside looking in, just like everyone else here.

The way you are coming off right now is that you expect a game company to constantly, every single week, look at the current thing a few vocal players are asking for, and immediately change it all without proper data and feedback. They have a development schedule and shouldn't have to crunch all the time just to immediately add every QoL thing people ask for, and especially not for things that would be a net negative for them, like this Playtime Arena. Instead, they need to add QoL changes into the game with regular updates, and work it into their development schedule, so they can keep making new content for people to engage with.

As far as not wanting to play? That's 100% up to you. If you aren't enjoying yourself with a game, you shouldn't be doing it. After seeing your other post in the other thread, I think stressing yourself out with your current playstyle in a large way. Yes, energy refills in 7ish hours but you sleep for 8, and then therefore you are wasting some miniscule amount of energy recharge for the day by not getting up to do things. But uhhhhh, I've never worried about this once, ever. Not one time.... and I'm just fine with my place in the game, the arena ecosystem, and where I'm at in the endgame.

I've made Plat, I got Lydia done and I sit in G3/G4 tag. I've done all the DTs, Hydra, SD. I've basically done everything you can in Raid. And I never once did it that toxic stress way or by spending. I've never even switched clans. And I've certainly never stressed about 1 hour of energy recharge. Release yourself from that stress please, play sustainably or you end up raging on a message board. :)

Feb 28, 2023, 00:1202/28/23
02/11/21
harleQuinn

I see a lot of new things coming into the game. I also see a LOT of QoL changes over the years. 

Stuff like Doom Tower? That was a widely requested piece of content before we saw it. A huge QOL change for people with literally nothing to do.The tavern changes, vault space, instant upgrade, expanded multibattle features like auto gear selling and end during battle, the whole fitting room, hydra changes to difficulty, improved hydra rewards at all difficulties, a bunch of new champ buffs and rebalances that we didn't used to see (like my very first leggo Errol getting an awesome buff), even all the new live arena is in response to everyone competing that say classic arena is just button clicking (at my skill and champ level, it is just put in one team and click start until you get to top 50).

Gosh I am leaving so many changes out... some major things and all the minor things that get changed. See, cause I know even things people rage about like XP barrels are just to let people who want to spend to upgrade do it with less a PITA. They buy one thing instead of needing to buy 120 brews and just click once instead of 120 times.

Basically I find the assertion that Plarium doesn't listen to things people ask for crazy and just wrong, since I have been around long enough to see a bunch of those changes, and argued for a decent number of them myself. As a moderator, I have been collecting feedback and seeing changes based on that since before you started the game. Not always in the order I want to see things done, but even in my position, I am on the outside looking in, just like everyone else here.

The way you are coming off right now is that you expect a game company to constantly, every single week, look at the current thing a few vocal players are asking for, and immediately change it all without proper data and feedback. They have a development schedule and shouldn't have to crunch all the time just to immediately add every QoL thing people ask for, and especially not for things that would be a net negative for them, like this Playtime Arena. Instead, they need to add QoL changes into the game with regular updates, and work it into their development schedule, so they can keep making new content for people to engage with.

As far as not wanting to play? That's 100% up to you. If you aren't enjoying yourself with a game, you shouldn't be doing it. After seeing your other post in the other thread, I think stressing yourself out with your current playstyle in a large way. Yes, energy refills in 7ish hours but you sleep for 8, and then therefore you are wasting some miniscule amount of energy recharge for the day by not getting up to do things. But uhhhhh, I've never worried about this once, ever. Not one time.... and I'm just fine with my place in the game, the arena ecosystem, and where I'm at in the endgame.

I've made Plat, I got Lydia done and I sit in G3/G4 tag. I've done all the DTs, Hydra, SD. I've basically done everything you can in Raid. And I never once did it that toxic stress way or by spending. I've never even switched clans. And I've certainly never stressed about 1 hour of energy recharge. Release yourself from that stress please, play sustainably or you end up raging on a message board. :)

I have been, I've felt a lot less stressed after deciding to spend less, and even better after going f2p. Other than checking the clock for reset time habitually, today have been the least stressed I've been in a long time...I uninstalled the game this morning. 

As for the changes, I just find myself in a place where the game is improving in ways I don't care for and not improving where I want it to. Champions I have vaulted are not being buffed, things that bother me are not being corrected while things I could do without are being introduced left and right. 

I don't expect them to crunch anything, but I see a lot of people asking for higher energy cap, automatic level up in Sparring Pit, upgrades to Token Trader etc. and not a lot of reasons why it isn't feasible if done right. 

Feb 28, 2023, 00:4202/28/23
12/19/19
Balltazer

I have been, I've felt a lot less stressed after deciding to spend less, and even better after going f2p. Other than checking the clock for reset time habitually, today have been the least stressed I've been in a long time...I uninstalled the game this morning. 

As for the changes, I just find myself in a place where the game is improving in ways I don't care for and not improving where I want it to. Champions I have vaulted are not being buffed, things that bother me are not being corrected while things I could do without are being introduced left and right. 

I don't expect them to crunch anything, but I see a lot of people asking for higher energy cap, automatic level up in Sparring Pit, upgrades to Token Trader etc. and not a lot of reasons why it isn't feasible if done right. 

higher energy cap = NEGATIVE REVENUE

auto level in pit = MORE FREE RES

token trader = ?? No reason why they couldnt update this ??  I could care less, my guess is people will complain that the champs offered are crap as their money maker is clearly 10x bait lol

The first 2 are clearly f2p requests for more free stuff... no way to argue otherwise

Feb 28, 2023, 00:5802/28/23
02/11/21
Trips

higher energy cap = NEGATIVE REVENUE

auto level in pit = MORE FREE RES

token trader = ?? No reason why they couldnt update this ??  I could care less, my guess is people will complain that the champs offered are crap as their money maker is clearly 10x bait lol

The first 2 are clearly f2p requests for more free stuff... no way to argue otherwise

Time, Trips.....the only free stuff the first two are asking for is a little time. And in the case of sparring pit, not even free at all, those things cost lots of gems, and they are painfully slow at that. All we ask for is not have to go in and manually level up a champ every time they reachnext level. 

What I'm hearing is "no, you can't go more than 6.5 hours away from the game without penalty, and yes, you have to log in and check the pit if you want your champions to level up"

As for token trader, it's already 6-8 dupes for 1 champ, they can't update the champs every now and then? That's where they lose me, it's already skewed in their favor, they take offense at a suggestion of a little diversity?

Feb 28, 2023, 01:0502/28/23
12/19/19
Balltazer

Time, Trips.....the only free stuff the first two are asking for is a little time. And in the case of sparring pit, not even free at all, those things cost lots of gems, and they are painfully slow at that. All we ask for is not have to go in and manually level up a champ every time they reachnext level. 

What I'm hearing is "no, you can't go more than 6.5 hours away from the game without penalty, and yes, you have to log in and check the pit if you want your champions to level up"

As for token trader, it's already 6-8 dupes for 1 champ, they can't update the champs every now and then? That's where they lose me, it's already skewed in their favor, they take offense at a suggestion of a little diversity?

1.  So I lose 20 to 40 energy per day by sleeping 7 to 8 hrs... its ok... lol.  I admit I used to hate losing that 20 energy... that was on me...,

2.  The pit leveling is what it is, by making it free level up you exponentially increase the value (EQUALS MORE FREE STUFF) of it.  Its just not going to happen.  I use it only for 12+ hour level ups, its not meant to level commons and uncommons from 1 to 210/0... 12.3 :)

3. I already agreed on token trader, but I don't think this make or breaks anyones happiness

Feb 28, 2023, 01:1402/28/23
02/11/21
Trips

1.  So I lose 20 to 40 energy per day by sleeping 7 to 8 hrs... its ok... lol.  I admit I used to hate losing that 20 energy... that was on me...,

2.  The pit leveling is what it is, by making it free level up you exponentially increase the value (EQUALS MORE FREE STUFF) of it.  Its just not going to happen.  I use it only for 12+ hour level ups, its not meant to level commons and uncommons from 1 to 210/0... 12.3 :)

3. I already agreed on token trader, but I don't think this make or breaks anyones happiness

That's 20-40 energy if you jump at Raid first thing in the morning, like I did. I'd like to shower up and have my breakfast without feeling like I'm wasting energy. 

40 energy is 30% of the max. And it's also 1200 energy a month. That's 9 missed advanced quests a month. That's a lot of grind in a game made almost entirely of grind. 

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 28, 2023, 01:2702/28/23
Feb 28, 2023, 01:28(edited)
02/24/19
Trips

That 20 energy is so unimportant that it not only doesn't make the list of things to stress about, but it also can't even make it on my list of things NOT to stress about.

I've got more important things not to stress about than that.

I ALSO only use the sparring pit to finish out those last 10 levels or so you don't get from farming scrolls, by the way. Best use of the pit IMO.

Feb 28, 2023, 01:2802/28/23
12/19/19
Balltazer

That's 20-40 energy if you jump at Raid first thing in the morning, like I did. I'd like to shower up and have my breakfast without feeling like I'm wasting energy. 

40 energy is 30% of the max. And it's also 1200 energy a month. That's 9 missed advanced quests a month. That's a lot of grind in a game made almost entirely of grind. 

lmao... it is.... and I obsessed about myself when I was first playing and for a long while.... I would purposely run REALLY SLOW dungeon multibattles so as to stick it to the man.... lol.  Granted thos were my best teams at the time, but 10 minute runs were all I could do... not kidding

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 28, 2023, 01:3102/28/23
02/24/19
Balltazer

9 advanced quests is less than 1 day of advanced quests. If we do this for a year, I am 108 advanced quests behind you... or in other words, 9 days behind you on my advanced quests.

By not stressing over this  AT ALL, I finish the same things in 374 days instead of 365. I'm not going to unequivocably say that it is a mountain out of molehill to be bothered by this, but we are looking at a 1% difference in the time it takes me to do the same thing that you do, even if you kill yourself waking up to do autos.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 28, 2023, 01:3202/28/23
02/24/19
Trips

lmao... it is.... and I obsessed about myself when I was first playing and for a long while.... I would purposely run REALLY SLOW dungeon multibattles so as to stick it to the man.... lol.  Granted thos were my best teams at the time, but 10 minute runs were all I could do... not kidding

Or 1% difference even if you do this nonsense... lmao

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 28, 2023, 01:3302/28/23
12/30/20
Balltazer

A lot of the way you feel right now seems to boil down to a combination of: 

1) not wanting to waste resources and just maximize everything, which I respect because I'm a proper degenerate as well and have maybe missed five advanced quests in 2+ years

2) adjusting to a different playstyle without endless resources which is interesting to me because even with seemingly infinite resources you will still have to make decisions, allocate where your time and energy in game is spent

Feb 28, 2023, 01:3502/28/23
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Or 1% difference even if you do this nonsense... lmao

My first dragon 20 clear was 15 minutes I think, and I was damn proud.... other dungeons were similar.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 28, 2023, 01:3602/28/23
02/24/19
Trips

My first dragon 20 clear was 15 minutes I think, and I was damn proud.... other dungeons were similar.

lol.... The nonsense is the running it slow on purpose just to stick it to the man, not that your clears were slow, all of ours were the first times. :)

Feb 28, 2023, 01:4202/28/23
12/19/19
harleQuinn

lol.... The nonsense is the running it slow on purpose just to stick it to the man, not that your clears were slow, all of ours were the first times. :)

Realizing its ok to play the game at less than 100% optimization of resources is a necessity to sanity.  Combine that with reasonable expectations (none) and the game is enjoyable.

Feb 28, 2023, 02:1102/28/23
02/11/21
Trips

Realizing its ok to play the game at less than 100% optimization of resources is a necessity to sanity.  Combine that with reasonable expectations (none) and the game is enjoyable.

It is in f2p where your champion acquisition is more or less in accord with your gear gain. 

Spend a lot of money to catch up to senior f2ps and you are years ahead of them in champs and years behind them in gear. That realization comes with no warning and no vaseline. What stands between where you are and where you thought you were paying to be is the grind at 100% efficiency....otherwise, your dumb a** just cheated yourself out of a lot of money. 

Best advice I can give the new players is enjoy the game for free because if they think the game is p2w, they are in for a rude awakening. 

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 28, 2023, 02:4002/28/23
Feb 28, 2023, 04:54(edited)
02/24/19
Balltazer

It is in f2p where your champion acquisition is more or less in accord with your gear gain. 

Spend a lot of money to catch up to senior f2ps and you are years ahead of them in champs and years behind them in gear. That realization comes with no warning and no vaseline. What stands between where you are and where you thought you were paying to be is the grind at 100% efficiency....otherwise, your dumb a** just cheated yourself out of a lot of money. 

Best advice I can give the new players is enjoy the game for free because if they think the game is p2w, they are in for a rude awakening. 

Personally, I never change my advice on spending. Spending should go into energy/gems, an perhaps less into shards. Now you are seeing why I speak highly of the packs I do, and consider the Forge Passes some of the very best value we've ever seen in Raid. That is like buying energy to farm gear, except you get to forge it, and you get to reduce the variance by using charms, basically doubling or quadrupling your pseudo energy gain there.

If you're gonna shard out, you better have already invested, or be ready to invest, in just as much gear as you did shards. Can have all the champs in the world but it doesn't matter if my sweet Shield set Sandlashed can beat your OP legendaries.

Feb 28, 2023, 04:1402/28/23
02/11/21
harleQuinn

Personally, I never change my advice on spending. Spending should go into energy/gems, an perhaps less into shards. Now you are seeing why I speak highly of the packs I do, and consider the Forge Passes some of the very best value we've ever seen in Raid. That is like buying energy to farm gear, except you get to forge it, and you get to reduce the variance by using charms, basically doubling or quadrupling your pseudo energy gain there.

If you're gonna shard out, you better have already invested, or be ready to invest, in just as much gear as you did shards. Can have all the champs in the world but it doesn't matter if my sweet Shield set Sandlashed can beat your OP legendaries.

Indeed. Most of my shard buying was before I got in the forum.