All Categories

Galek Path

Galek Path

Search
Jan 31, 2023, 04:2401/31/23
05/03/20

Galek Path

The rewards are thin on this one.  Other than 4th anniversary rewards on each branch at the top, there is nothing I need.  

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 31, 2023, 07:2301/31/23
09/14/20

You really need the 4th anniversary rewards? 

Jan 31, 2023, 08:1601/31/23
11/19/22

I think it was one of the mods here suggested a rumour that the starter champs might get upgraded directly to legendary, rather then a legendary starter being gifted. If that's the case, then an ascended Galek might be worth getting just in case Legendary Galek is OP. :)

Options open, I guess. :)

Jan 31, 2023, 08:2001/31/23
05/03/20
Matrim

You really need the 4th anniversary rewards? 

I will earn some points for doing daily and cvc.  I just dont see anything in Galek Path that interests me.  An extra 1000 of the 4th will earn something down the road.  

OracleCommunity Manager
Jan 31, 2023, 10:3701/31/23
03/02/21

Hi there! You can think about Galek's Path event in two ways:

1) if you are a new player - rewards overall are useful for you. Starter-champions are a good asset to have for you anyway, especially if you get an opportunity to Awaken them

2) if you are a mid- to late-game player - rewards overall are not that valuable for you, but your main focus here should be on the Anniversary points

Jan 31, 2023, 14:2801/31/23
09/14/20
Oracle

Hi there! You can think about Galek's Path event in two ways:

1) if you are a new player - rewards overall are useful for you. Starter-champions are a good asset to have for you anyway, especially if you get an opportunity to Awaken them

2) if you are a mid- to late-game player - rewards overall are not that valuable for you, but your main focus here should be on the Anniversary points

Point 1: I agree with you

Point 2:

If the rewards are not that useful, why should I concentrate on the anniversary points?

Variant A.: There actually will be something like a legendary hero to be converted from former rewards like the starter heroes ascended. If this happens and it has NOT been announced before, it is a slap in the face of every player

Variant B: The rewards from the anniversary event are exactly as they are displayed at the moment. Actually, they are net-negative again and after a 12 weeks the major rewards is a single sacred shard....disappointing.

My take on the anniversary event:

+ Initially a good idea and a good event

+ it would have been a major blast if those Titan event points would have been placed additionally to the normal rewards. That way it would have been actually received as an event, in which Plarium does appreciate the long standing player base

- as the point structure, the amount and events upon you get those points are not clear, it is a gamble again

- as the Titan points replace former rewards...you have to make up the comparison between points gained and rewards lost

- the chests are just a major disappointment... so I lose some rewards to get points to get these chests and as a reward I get 95% crappy rewards which are way less than the ones I lost for getting the points? (get 24 gems and some silver from the chests)

So I do not get it? I should assemble Anniversary points which I can exchange for rewards instead of getting rewards right now? 

The Anniversary event would have been great if it would have been installed as a Thank you for the players. The overall rewards are ot really that great and overall a net-negative. And this leads to this Anniversary event to be more frustrating than motivating.

Feb 1, 2023, 16:2502/01/23
11/03/19

I did not received points for my artifacts upgrade, is it just for me ?

Feb 1, 2023, 19:3802/01/23
10/15/20
Yashomi

I did not received points for my artifacts upgrade, is it just for me ?

I have the same issue. No further points for the event since several hours. 

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 1, 2023, 20:1602/01/23
12/30/20

The point earning portion of the event ended somewhere around 12 hours ago, that is why

Feb 1, 2023, 21:0302/01/23
10/15/20
dthorne04

The point earning portion of the event ended somewhere around 12 hours ago, that is why

Great how clear that is shown in-game. Well done, Plarium.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 1, 2023, 21:1302/01/23
Feb 1, 2023, 21:15(edited)
02/24/19
Skadi

As you can see from the highlighted section, the amount of time remaining in events are clearly displayed on the events tab. Do you find this unclear? And if so, how should Plarium improve your awareness of the time remaining if you don't check the events tab, as most people here hate the red dot, as well as getting news and notifications?

i

Personally, I check event and tourney timers each day when I log in, as I believe it is my own responsibility to know when the displayed events begin and end.

Anyways, any thoughts you have on how people might be made more aware of the timers without upsetting them would be nice.

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 1, 2023, 21:2002/01/23
12/30/20
harleQuinn

As you can see from the highlighted section, the amount of time remaining in events are clearly displayed on the events tab. Do you find this unclear? And if so, how should Plarium improve your awareness of the time remaining if you don't check the events tab, as most people here hate the red dot, as well as getting news and notifications?

i

Personally, I check event and tourney timers each day when I log in, as I believe it is my own responsibility to know when the displayed events begin and end.

Anyways, any thoughts you have on how people might be made more aware of the timers without upsetting them would be nice.

very much this. 

I had zero issue in knowing when this was ending, as well. 

Feb 1, 2023, 21:2402/01/23
Feb 1, 2023, 21:27(edited)
10/15/20
harleQuinn

i

Yes, they clearly highlight the time the event is remaining. Maybe that is the problem in that case. I didn't study the subject Raid Shadow Legends at the university, that is why I missed the absolutely clear and on first sight recognizable difference between "Event ends in..." and "Event will dissappear in..." 

It's so obvious that the latter means an event that is allready over, but you can still claim rewards. Yashomi, who made the same mistake, and I should really learn how to play Raid.

Maybe changing the wrong descritpion seen in this screenshot from "Complete Event Objectives to earn Anniversary Coins and get rewards" into "event finished. Claim rewards until event dissappears."

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 1, 2023, 21:3002/01/23
Feb 1, 2023, 21:31(edited)
02/24/19
Skadi

Yes, they clearly highlight the time the event is remaining. Maybe that is the problem in that case. I didn't study the subject Raid Shadow Legends at the university, that is why I missed the absolutely clear and on first sight recognizable difference between "Event ends in..." and "Event will dissappear in..." 

It's so obvious that the latter means an event that is allready over, but you can still claim rewards. Yashomi, who made the same mistake, and I should really learn how to play Raid.

Maybe changing the wrong descritpion seen in this screenshot from "Complete Event Objectives to earn Anniversary Coins and get rewards" into "event finished. Claim rewards until event dissappears."

Being a jerk is not necessary in the slightest. And yes, reading the events are your own responsibility. I merely asked what Raid could do to make you more aware of the event timers. 

But as always, in spite of your attitude, thanks for your participation on our forums.

Oh, nice edit from your more aggressive first message. Thanks for adding some actionable thoughts after the sarcasm.

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 1, 2023, 21:4402/01/23
Feb 1, 2023, 21:50(edited)
12/30/20
Skadi

While fallacies are fun, the key issue here is that the length of the active portion of the event was clearly shown and you missed that. Perhaps instead of being snarky, take that time in the future to ensure you are reading event pages clearly and know when those events end. 

Feb 1, 2023, 21:4702/01/23
12/19/19

I would like a sacred and chicken as compensation for my poor reading comprehension and laziness.  Thanks in advance.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 1, 2023, 21:4902/01/23
Feb 1, 2023, 21:50(edited)
02/24/19
Trips

I would like a sacred and chicken as compensation for my poor reading comprehension and laziness.  Thanks in advance.

Please DM me your UM# and I'll maybe shoot some your way. How about two chickens, just cause I'm in a giving mood? Two chickens and a void work?

Feb 1, 2023, 21:5002/01/23
10/15/20
dthorne04

While fallacies are fun, the key issue here is that the length of the active portion of the event was clearly shown and you missed that. Perhaps instead of being snarky, take that time in the future to ensure you are reading event pages clearly and know when those events end. 

The key issue here is the missleading event description, that still is "Complete Event Objectives to earn Anniversary Coins and get rewards" after the event allready ended.

Like you can see from this thread, I'm not the only player that didn't recognize that. 

Especially problematic is the difference to tournaments that are allready over. They are not highlighted anymore, but you can still claim rewards when you click on them until they disappear. Galek's path is still highlighted and has a description as if it would be still active.

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 1, 2023, 21:5402/01/23
Feb 1, 2023, 21:54(edited)
12/30/20
Skadi

The key issue here is the missleading event description, that still is "Complete Event Objectives to earn Anniversary Coins and get rewards" after the event allready ended.

Like you can see from this thread, I'm not the only player that didn't recognize that. 

Especially problematic is the difference to tournaments that are allready over. They are not highlighted anymore, but you can still claim rewards when you click on them until they disappear. Galek's path is still highlighted and has a description as if it would be still active.

The presence of multiple people making a mistake =/ the mistake was not largely or completely theirs, which would be one of the aforementioned fallacies.

During the active earning portion of the event, it clearly listed that it was active. The path, deck and similar events have all had periods afterwards which allowed players to use accumulated resources from the event to spend after. After the active part of the event ends, the timer to the end of the resource spending portion of the event takes over.

All standard stuff.

Feb 1, 2023, 22:0102/01/23
Feb 1, 2023, 22:10(edited)
10/15/20
dthorne04

The presence of multiple people making a mistake =/ the mistake was not largely or completely theirs, which would be one of the aforementioned fallacies.

During the active earning portion of the event, it clearly listed that it was active. The path, deck and similar events have all had periods afterwards which allowed players to use accumulated resources from the event to spend after. After the active part of the event ends, the timer to the end of the resource spending portion of the event takes over.

All standard stuff.

i

This should be in events that are allready over as well as in tournaments. Problem solved.

/edit: To answer Harle's question:

As you can see from the highlighted section, the amount of time remaining in events are clearly displayed on the events tab. Do you find this unclear? 

Yes, it's unclear. The difference to tournaments that allready ended, wich you can see in my screenshot above, makes it unneccessarily unclear. 

Feb 1, 2023, 23:3102/01/23
05/03/20
Skadi

This event seemed to run short to me.  It is one of the worst of these type events that Plarium has given us.  But, they gave us a lot of free stuff for Christmas and New Year.  It feels to me like we are all ahead.  

Everyone, lets try to take it easy on the mods.  They have to toe the Plarium line.  Bad events are not their fault.  The people who design bad events dont have the courage to come on the forum and defend them.  This is just big biz in the 21st century.  

EASY ON THE MODS EVERYONE.   PLEASE.