Feedback to the Plarium points system

Feedback to the Plarium points system

Search
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Jan 6, 2023, 06:3201/06/23
02/24/19
Urlibu FTP

I'm completely fine with this if the new program is permanent. It would feel weird if it went away. Why shouldn't spenders get a little bonus? My attitude is that I neither deserve or need to have all the meta champs, that's the challenge and the fun of the game.

That said, the $50 pack for 2500 points is just obscene and offensive. I don't mind Plarium selling virtual items to players at high prices. But I do mind it when some deals are 10x worse than others, and this is a particularly egregious example (the coins for path events are another).

I mean, I don't spend anyhow. So whatever they value packs at doesn't bother me. If someone wants to pay it, that's on them. I do think we might see the prices change moving forward, like we've seen with the soulstones.

Oh, and the program is permanent from what I've heard. So we'll have time to slowly earn the rewards for as long as we're playing.... 

Jan 6, 2023, 11:1901/06/23
10/08/17
Trevor Wilson

I am not really bothered about getting the champ, i have a million hp burners already, and no doubt will pick up enough champs to do the faction

I agree its directed at spenders as trips says.

Looking at the pricing however, £44.99 for 2500 poinsts, which gets almost no rewards, and values the champ at 449????  it seems crazy :)

But as a parasitic f2p i guess i will think that.

you have a better deal than I in Canada. All my shop  purchases show 500 plarium pts for $140.00 each(packages)

so if I had the deal your getting , I would  not be so discouraged :/

Jan 6, 2023, 12:5401/06/23
08/22/21

I think the ability to purchase items in the shop with the Plarium Points instead of cash provides an added benefit.  I'm not going to Whale Out for an AOE HP burner from a faction that isn't even established yet (I'm actually not going to Whale Out at all).  But it's another addition to the game that I can use to "buy" things instead of $$buy$$ things.

Jan 6, 2023, 15:0201/06/23
12/19/19
Matrim

I agree with your statement. 

I just had a look at the advanced quests and saw that you get 3 additional points for completing all 10 advanced quests. 

It will not affect players negatively, as you said. I think most will just ignore it...

I actually think this program benefits players like @ClosedPoly the most, and they are likely one of Plariums target audiences.

You say "most" will ignore it, I assume (correct me if I am wrong) that you mean that most will not change their behavior because of it.

If your denominator includes the 90% of f2p that will never spend regardless of anything Plarium does, I concur.  But that has 0 relevance.  

How many points will the $10/$20 per month spenders accumulate over a year...

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 6, 2023, 16:4701/06/23
02/24/19
Trips

I actually think this program benefits players like @ClosedPoly the most, and they are likely one of Plariums target audiences.

You say "most" will ignore it, I assume (correct me if I am wrong) that you mean that most will not change their behavior because of it.

If your denominator includes the 90% of f2p that will never spend regardless of anything Plarium does, I concur.  But that has 0 relevance.  

I mean, I've already gotten a Chaos Ore I wouldn't have gotten. And on the route to free energy. This is nothing but a benefit to every player, in spite of the nonsense rioting on the discord and FB.

And for players like @dthorne04 , who spend about 30 every month on daily gems, forge pass and an occasional WC pack? He's gonna have a bunch of loyalty rewards he didn't have before. I do wonder if he'll perhaps have the legendary by the end of the year, especially with the other ways to get points that are coming soon.

Jan 6, 2023, 20:5601/06/23
09/14/20
Trips

Well, that is rather easy to calculate. 

The current most favourable ratio is about 5 points per $....so with 20$ per month and 12 points per day from login and advanced quests (if they finish all of them daily). They will accumulate about 460 points per month...

or 5.520 points per years...so they need about 4.5 years to get the leggo from these ressources alone.

Than there could be rewards from tournaments and events....I just hope they do them as additional rewards like with the daily play rewards...but we can guess what they will replace if they are substituting the normal rewards

Jan 6, 2023, 22:3601/06/23
05/03/20
Matrim

Well, that is rather easy to calculate. 

The current most favourable ratio is about 5 points per $....so with 20$ per month and 12 points per day from login and advanced quests (if they finish all of them daily). They will accumulate about 460 points per month...

or 5.520 points per years...so they need about 4.5 years to get the leggo from these ressources alone.

Than there could be rewards from tournaments and events....I just hope they do them as additional rewards like with the daily play rewards...but we can guess what they will replace if they are substituting the normal rewards

I accumulate a lot from the sidebar of tourneys.  I rarely score enough to be top 10 for best rewards.  But, I get brews, potions, souls, shards from the sidebar.  They add up over the course of a year.  I hope those rewards are not replaced with points.  

@Trips is correct that points are a plus for me.  We have to wait to see how it all plays out over time; get into the details.  

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 7, 2023, 02:5101/07/23
12/30/20
harleQuinn

I mean, I've already gotten a Chaos Ore I wouldn't have gotten. And on the route to free energy. This is nothing but a benefit to every player, in spite of the nonsense rioting on the discord and FB.

And for players like @dthorne04 , who spend about 30 every month on daily gems, forge pass and an occasional WC pack? He's gonna have a bunch of loyalty rewards he didn't have before. I do wonder if he'll perhaps have the legendary by the end of the year, especially with the other ways to get points that are coming soon.

Quinn outing me as a filthy whale, smh :)

For me - and many others who spend but not to a large degree - I think it's a nice bonus. I'm interested to see where I end up.  

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 7, 2023, 07:2701/07/23
02/24/19
dthorne04

Quinn outing me as a filthy whale, smh :)

For me - and many others who spend but not to a large degree - I think it's a nice bonus. I'm interested to see where I end up.  

I ended up with a free Chaos Ore that before the program I wouldn't have had. And energy is coming after a while.

It's just extra free stuff. And these calculations about HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE OMG are just way premature, like the people saying it would take 10 years or whatever to get your clan ranked up to 13 or whatever.

I think you'll have the vault leggo much sooner than people are saying with this 5 years or 7 years or whatever. Not that I expect you to build her, based on your roster already. I mean, Dreng and Akoth are my F2P AoE Burners. :D

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 7, 2023, 07:5801/07/23
12/30/20
harleQuinn

I ended up with a free Chaos Ore that before the program I wouldn't have had. And energy is coming after a while.

It's just extra free stuff. And these calculations about HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE OMG are just way premature, like the people saying it would take 10 years or whatever to get your clan ranked up to 13 or whatever.

I think you'll have the vault leggo much sooner than people are saying with this 5 years or 7 years or whatever. Not that I expect you to build her, based on your roster already. I mean, Dreng and Akoth are my F2P AoE Burners. :D

this is exactly where I'm at. if the floor is added value and doesn't require me to change my habits at all, then I'm happy, personally. 

just because of the faction I'd likely end up building her, though. :) but outside of that, it's going to be thin. i could understand the frustration (rioting depending where we're looking) if this were chase lego, or close.