All Categories

Reduce arena tickets, increase the rewards

Search
Jan 3, 2023, 20:0801/03/23
10/15/20

Among all the stupid ideas the developers of the game had, the Stoneskin set is by far the worst.

Every arena battle takes minutes now, even if the opponent has a one-man-team. As, for reasons nobody can understand, the devs allready pointed out that they will not remove this crap artifact set from the game. They should at least make some other adjustments. Like decreasing the daily arena tickets, their regeneration rate and, on the other hand, increasing the rewards per battle. In that case, we would waste less time in arena. 

The game allready takes 25 hours per day to play.

i

8 minutes was not the real time, I wrote this thread while the fight was active, but forgot to click on auto before doing so. But even if it's only one minute, it's just so boring to hammer on a stoneskin set of a base speed champ a houndred times.

i

I have no problems to win these fights. But it's BORING! A game shouldn't bore it's users. At this point, the agony of a game begins.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 3, 2023, 21:0801/03/23
12/19/19

I think complaining about free wins is a little much... I am just glad they are leaving classic arena alone.  AS long as all of gold remains "nerfed" we should be happy.

Jan 3, 2023, 21:5101/03/23
06/20/19

One word.  Bombs!  E.g. Gaius sets them up, Warmother activates them.

Jan 3, 2023, 23:0501/03/23
01/15/21

I understand the frustration but it is easy to guess which opponent will have stoneskin and as angwill mentioned bombs are an easy 

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 3, 2023, 23:2601/03/23
02/24/19

Bombs end these fights in seconds.

Use bombs, or use a slow team of your own..... the match only takes a while cause your speed team is taking 40 turns while the 105 speed Stoneskin champ stands there. If you have a slow team as well, the match is also over in a few seconds.

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 4, 2023, 00:1501/04/23
12/30/20

I really am not keen on reducing the growth of my Great Hall and I can't say I'm a fan of getting less easy wins every day, either.

As for the specific fight you posted, I don't think you team makes much sense and is pretty much guaranteed to force a long fight. If we are not going to do the aforementioned bombs, why are we not trying to win coinflips with one or two buff strippers? Even a free champ like Rian would be a good include here.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 4, 2023, 00:4601/04/23
Jan 4, 2023, 00:50(edited)
02/24/19
dthorne04

I really am not keen on reducing the growth of my Great Hall and I can't say I'm a fan of getting less easy wins every day, either.

As for the specific fight you posted, I don't think you team makes much sense and is pretty much guaranteed to force a long fight. If we are not going to do the aforementioned bombs, why are we not trying to win coinflips with one or two buff strippers? Even a free champ like Rian would be a good include here.

A totally F2P team of Rian, Ukko, Mori and whatever nuker you want.... it would give you three different buff strippers to maximize your chances of removing stoneskin, with a speed lead, a 100% Heal Reduction champ, block buffs.... and a champ that can additionally steal the stoneskin each time UDK tries to buff.

Even that would be much much faster than a speed lead with zero buff removal.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 4, 2023, 00:4901/04/23
02/24/19
Trips

I think complaining about free wins is a little much... I am just glad they are leaving classic arena alone.  AS long as all of gold remains "nerfed" we should be happy.

I want gold "unnerfed"

Loss limits in the lower Tiers.... no loss limits in Gold. Would like Arena to be slightly interesting or fun again, and I'm tired of grinding my tourneys and medals in Plat every week.

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 4, 2023, 01:0001/04/23
12/30/20
harleQuinn

I want gold "unnerfed"

Loss limits in the lower Tiers.... no loss limits in Gold. Would like Arena to be slightly interesting or fun again, and I'm tired of grinding my tourneys and medals in Plat every week.

I'm here for this. As a downside: I'm pretty sure easy Classic Arena made me wayyyyy too lazy in trying to git gud.

Jan 4, 2023, 01:0101/04/23
10/15/20

You are all talking about bombs and buff removal - but how do you know if you meet stoneskin? The opponents team in this fight (and in a lot of fights) is total crap and has no chances to win. He may have his UDK in a stoneskin, or not. How do you really know that before the fight starts? 

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 4, 2023, 01:0401/04/23
02/24/19
Skadi

You are all talking about bombs and buff removal - but how do you know if you meet stoneskin? The opponents team in this fight (and in a lot of fights) is total crap and has no chances to win. He may have his UDK in a stoneskin, or not. How do you really know that before the fight starts? 

Plan for Stoneskin, especially when fighting the routine stoneskin wearers, and you never run into problems.

UDK, Mortu, Nek, Hephraak, Baron..... always bring stoneskin solutions and you'll be fine.

In G4 Tag, you have to be ready for full stoneskin and immunity teams across all three teams.

Jan 4, 2023, 01:0601/04/23
10/15/20
dthorne04

The growth of your great hall would not slow down with my suggestion. Half the fights - double the reward.

5 instead of 10 arena tickets free. Double regeneration time for free tickets. Double cost of refill in shop. Double rewards from each fight. As long as I don't overlook something, this should have zero influence on great hall for any player. But it would reduce the playing time of Raid, was is just neccessary right now.

Stoneskin is just the cause for this thread, not the reason.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 4, 2023, 01:0801/04/23
02/24/19
dthorne04

I'm here for this. As a downside: I'm pretty sure easy Classic Arena made me wayyyyy too lazy in trying to git gud.

We really had to completely rebuild all your arena teams and strats from the ground up to compete in high Gold Tag. And you were doing just fine even with Gold 5 first came out and everything was hard for a few months

I mean, real talk is that Classic Arena is laughable with the nerf. The difference between Gold 5 Classic and Gold 4 Tag is the difference between Hard Clan Boss and Nightmare Hydra.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 4, 2023, 01:1501/04/23
02/24/19
Skadi

The growth of your great hall would not slow down with my suggestion. Half the fights - double the reward.

5 instead of 10 arena tickets free. Double regeneration time for free tickets. Double cost of refill in shop. Double rewards from each fight. As long as I don't overlook something, this should have zero influence on great hall for any player. But it would reduce the playing time of Raid, was is just neccessary right now.

Just me, but I would prefer to see time savings in many many other places before Arena.

Have a few different strats available and you can get even full stoneskin matches down to under 30 seconds. 

My matches don't really slow down too much until the last 30-50 or so spots in Plat. Otherwise I almost always use the same team (meant to handle Stoneskin amongst other things) and just click start and let it run in the background of whatever I'm doing.

Jan 4, 2023, 01:2001/04/23
09/14/20
harleQuinn

Just me, but I would prefer to see time savings in many many other places before Arena.

Have a few different strats available and you can get even full stoneskin matches down to under 30 seconds. 

My matches don't really slow down too much until the last 30-50 or so spots in Plat. Otherwise I almost always use the same team (meant to handle Stoneskin amongst other things) and just click start and let it run in the background of whatever I'm doing.

I also think that there are many areas in which time could be saved much more efficiently.

Let's think CB for example. I am running 1-key teams for several months now, not changing equipment or champs and ending up in the same range at slightly about 100 million each run for the last couple hundred days. Stil it takes me close to an hour each day to play the keys....THAT would be a hunge chunk of time saved if I could just say : Take average of the last 10 runs with the same team.

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 4, 2023, 01:4101/04/23
12/30/20
Skadi

Sorry, I should've been more clear:

I think any changes in Classic Arena at Gold or higher than isn't purely based on merit rather than what it is now would be a mistake. 

Your idea also sounds like it would make Arena tokens overfill/force players to get on more often to prevent that. I am not sure that would be better. 

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 4, 2023, 01:4701/04/23
12/30/20
harleQuinn

We really had to completely rebuild all your arena teams and strats from the ground up to compete in high Gold Tag. And you were doing just fine even with Gold 5 first came out and everything was hard for a few months

I mean, real talk is that Classic Arena is laughable with the nerf. The difference between Gold 5 Classic and Gold 4 Tag is the difference between Hard Clan Boss and Nightmare Hydra.

It was a whole thing. There were just a lot of skills I didn't develop from choosing fights, building teams to recognizing what are now are mostly obvious gearing choices in opposing teams. AFKing through Arena for however long it's been now just didn't force me to have to care about any of that. 

What Gold Arena is now really would be better suited geting pushed down to lower tiers.

Jan 4, 2023, 03:3501/04/23
12/19/19

You 2 really want classic un nerfed????

Do you remember the forums.... smh... leave classic as is, tag (and platinum) can suffice for real pvp.

Though I think they should remove the cap from G5, and treat same as platinum with unlimited losses. I will happily live in classic g4.  But that alone would cause an uproar...

Jan 4, 2023, 05:2601/04/23
05/03/20
Trips

You 2 really want classic un nerfed????

Do you remember the forums.... smh... leave classic as is, tag (and platinum) can suffice for real pvp.

Though I think they should remove the cap from G5, and treat same as platinum with unlimited losses. I will happily live in classic g4.  But that alone would cause an uproar...

I am happy in a nerfed G5.  No changes please.  My incompetence allows me to flourish.  Now, Tag needs huge nerfs in my favor.  I have been in Bronze for months.  

Jan 4, 2023, 07:4601/04/23
01/15/21
Skadi

If in g5, then 99% of the time you know UDK will have stoneskin 

I do agree in general that time to do the basics should be reduced, but you can easily stay in G5 right now with the 5 fights a day, you dont have to do all your keys.

Jan 4, 2023, 11:1101/04/23
04/06/22
Angwil

One word.  Bombs!  E.g. Gaius sets them up, Warmother activates them.

Using THAT also makes it too easy.