All Categories

Please remove elevation artifacts from advanced daily missions.

Please remove elevation artifacts from advanced daily missions.

Search
Comments
Jan 5, 2023, 02:1501/05/23
04/06/22
evilized6666

Who is the we you're speaking for because I know it's not me.

There is not one player in my guild who actually likes this dungeon.

And Hydra? I only do THAT when it's one of the Advanced dailies, although I must admit my guild managed to kill it last night and the participation awards are pretty nice.

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 5, 2023, 03:4501/05/23
Jan 5, 2023, 03:45(edited)
12/30/20
Skadi

How is this artifact ascension the most important content?

Late game stat scaling when your improvements from regular grinding presents diminishing returns, one reason off the top of my head. 

Jan 5, 2023, 05:1901/05/23
05/03/20
dthorne04

Late game stat scaling when your improvements from regular grinding presents diminishing returns, one reason off the top of my head. 

Many of us are not late game.  It is was part of advanced dailies for last game players that would make sense.  It does not make sense for early, mid game players.  

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 5, 2023, 06:0101/05/23
Jan 5, 2023, 06:08(edited)
12/30/20
ClosedPoly

Many of us are not late game.  It is was part of advanced dailies for last game players that would make sense.  It does not make sense for early, mid game players.  

this is where reading in the context of a conversation can be helpful, was referring to the importance of the content.

also I completely disagree with the mid game aspect of this, though I suppose that will differ based on what one defines mid game as in 2023. 

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 5, 2023, 06:4001/05/23
02/24/19
Trips

😆 🤣 

People are worried about everything being p2w... then also wanting to ignore the most important content...

But it's haaaaarrrrrdddddddddddddddddddddd......... therefore it shouldn't be important.

Jan 5, 2023, 15:5801/05/23
12/19/19
OccamsRazor

And Hydra? I only do THAT when it's one of the Advanced dailies, although I must admit my guild managed to kill it last night and the participation awards are pretty nice.

This post basically explains how obtuse 95% of the players are when it comes to new content (hydra, twins, oil, ...)... with the realization ("awards are pretty nice") highlighting that you already realize it is well worth doing...

Jan 5, 2023, 18:5601/05/23
Jan 5, 2023, 20:03(edited)
04/06/22

Uh, NO, like I said, the Hydra takes only five minutes, it's quite easy to do and easy to get the reward. After all, seeing as it's a guild boss, you aren't doing it alone.

I will tell you exactly why the Sand Devil's Necropolis and the daily for it is so messed up.

First of all, you claim you can gain the oil from Stage One? True, but with 45 oils needed to upgrade an Artifact to even if you're lucky enough to 5 of them each time (and trust me, you won't) that means 9 runs and 72 energy. One Greater Potion is not worth that. 

And the Boss, while not difficult, is annoying and time consuming. Do you know anyone who enjoys anything about the Fire Knight and Spirit Keep Boss (other than beating them)? This is the same thing, just more annoying. Not being able to use debuffs at all (including Heal Block) except at certain times and not being able to heal turns this into a slow slog, and don't expect to find any way to set the team to be able to do it on Auto. I believe the only champion who can make this fight somewhat easy is Muckstalker, unless you're rich enough to equip your party with the Daze set and change the armor when you need them for anything else. 

Jan 5, 2023, 20:0601/05/23
03/25/19

Guys the post is clear, I didn't post it to dispute Hydra or other game content. Some people like the new dungeon and others don't but it is clear that it is a dungeon that requires an exaggerated use of energy, if you put the elevation of an artifact for 6 days in a row in daily missions, I have to use all my energy just to do that. This thing just needs to be changed in my opinion. If we keep writing about a thousand problems that have nothing to do with the original post, we won't go anywhere.

Jan 5, 2023, 21:5101/05/23
11/16/20
OccamsRazor

Uh, NO, like I said, the Hydra takes only five minutes, it's quite easy to do and easy to get the reward. After all, seeing as it's a guild boss, you aren't doing it alone.

I will tell you exactly why the Sand Devil's Necropolis and the daily for it is so messed up.

First of all, you claim you can gain the oil from Stage One? True, but with 45 oils needed to upgrade an Artifact to even if you're lucky enough to 5 of them each time (and trust me, you won't) that means 9 runs and 72 energy. One Greater Potion is not worth that. 

And the Boss, while not difficult, is annoying and time consuming. Do you know anyone who enjoys anything about the Fire Knight and Spirit Keep Boss (other than beating them)? This is the same thing, just more annoying. Not being able to use debuffs at all (including Heal Block) except at certain times and not being able to heal turns this into a slow slog, and don't expect to find any way to set the team to be able to do it on Auto. I believe the only champion who can make this fight somewhat easy is Muckstalker, unless you're rich enough to equip your party with the Daze set and change the armor when you need them for anything else. 

We must be playing different games. The first dozen or so levels of sand devil's is free wins in under a minute. For later levels I'm just duo cheesing the fight with ninja and godseeker, there are some other options out there but I find farming stage 15 or 16 a few times is easy enough to get the advanced quest done in 5 min or so.

I also enjoy fire knight. I spent a bunch of time making my team preset that has over time now morphed into a 1 min 100% winrate stage 25 clear, it's also some of the best sets in the game. So I'm rather happy each time fire knight tournaments come around.

I don't farm potion keeps since I get plenty just from clan boss each day.

Hydra brutal keys take 30 or 40 min, not 5 min. I dislike the time but if your spending 5 min on hydra you are just wasting your keys and not getting some big rewards.

You should probably work on clearing content before you give an opinion that will steer others in the wrong direction thinking that you have any idea what your talking about.

Jan 5, 2023, 22:0101/05/23
01/15/21
OccamsRazor

Why?

Stoneskin is great for arena, but more importantly mithrala is an absoloutely bonkers good champ, one of the best champs in the game and anyone can get her.

To me doing hydra is a no brainer especially if not got mithrala

Jan 5, 2023, 22:2101/05/23
Jan 6, 2023, 00:16(edited)
04/06/22

"Hydra brutal keys take 30 or 40 min, not 5 min. I dislike the time but if your spending 5 min on hydra you are just wasting your keys and not getting some big rewards. "

Well, maybe once my guild is actually powerful enough to unlock Brutal on Hydra. Right now,  we're limited to Normal Mode. I also believe Mithrala is unlocked though shards gained by defeating Hydra, sort of a chicken and egg thing, you know. (Edit: I checked, you need 100 shards, I have 2.)

You can finish Stage 8 of that dungeon in under a minute?? Might I inquire WTF sort of team you use?

Jan 5, 2023, 22:4601/05/23
05/28/21
drome82

Guys the post is clear, I didn't post it to dispute Hydra or other game content. Some people like the new dungeon and others don't but it is clear that it is a dungeon that requires an exaggerated use of energy, if you put the elevation of an artifact for 6 days in a row in daily missions, I have to use all my energy just to do that. This thing just needs to be changed in my opinion. If we keep writing about a thousand problems that have nothing to do with the original post, we won't go anywhere.

Drome, your post was clear to me - we don't want this dungeon to be part of the Advanced Questline - plain and simple.  Anything else about it I could care less about.

Jan 6, 2023, 00:5701/06/23
05/03/20
drome82

I agree with you.  I am doing the quests but it would be better if I didnt have to waste that energy.  Random buffing of a skill is not high value for me now.  Early and mid gamers have better uses for the energy.  

Plarium will do what they do.  

Jan 6, 2023, 02:4801/06/23
07/08/19
OccamsRazor

"Hydra brutal keys take 30 or 40 min, not 5 min. I dislike the time but if your spending 5 min on hydra you are just wasting your keys and not getting some big rewards. "

Well, maybe once my guild is actually powerful enough to unlock Brutal on Hydra. Right now,  we're limited to Normal Mode. I also believe Mithrala is unlocked though shards gained by defeating Hydra, sort of a chicken and egg thing, you know. (Edit: I checked, you need 100 shards, I have 2.)

You can finish Stage 8 of that dungeon in under a minute?? Might I inquire WTF sort of team you use?

brute force method. ignore the boss' mechanics entirely and just hit it as hard as you can, as fast as you can. my team for the first ten or so levels was just brogni and four dps champions that rotated based on affinity.

Jan 6, 2023, 13:0001/06/23
05/29/21

well... highest level of that new dung is out of my reach so now i wont do advanced daily. less time in the game.

Jan 6, 2023, 14:4101/06/23
12/19/19
peaceof

well... highest level of that new dung is out of my reach so now i wont do advanced daily. less time in the game.

This is the kind of logic, abundant here btw, that astounds me.  I consider myself fairly late game, and I haven't gone past stage 7.  I have the champs to do 24/25 btw, but there really is very little need to go beyond stage 7 (maybe 11) for 99% of us for quite some time.

Jan 21, 2023, 01:1601/21/23
01/21/23

i agree.

Jan 24, 2023, 21:2601/24/23
12/30/21

Agreed.  This quest could be changed to something like "Beat the Sand Devil Once," (or maybe twice or even three time) and it would be entirely reasonable. But hitting the sand devil enough times to get an artifact upgrade is just painfully time consuming. 

Jan 24, 2023, 23:3801/24/23
10/17/22

.maybe after the recent survey enough players raised their issues with it and plarium drop it or alter it somehow.

Jan 25, 2023, 01:1201/25/23
05/03/20
Rajak

Agreed.  This quest could be changed to something like "Beat the Sand Devil Once," (or maybe twice or even three time) and it would be entirely reasonable. But hitting the sand devil enough times to get an artifact upgrade is just painfully time consuming. 

I dont mind the time.  I spend as much energy as I get from completeing the advanced dailies.  It does not make any sense.