All Categories

I found him!! (OP my @$$)

I found him!! (OP my @$$)

Search
Comments
Dec 23, 2022, 17:0912/23/22
02/11/21
Fathertron

I thought you.wanted to re-create the experience of being a new player. :)

I presume it's the newer players in lower arena who have complained the most about UDK - c before they got Ronda. :)

Newer players in arena are not facing 100K+ Stoneskin UDKs, are they? 

Or do you expect me to have a 5* Lifesteal starter and 3* armiger to go against a Plat Arena level UDK build? 

I am helping my brother with the game, he is a new player (9 days), and there isn't a UDK in sight. We are farming bronze 1 with trash defense, and we'll be farming it until he has a full dragon team (Diabolist, Warmaiden, Ronda, Kael, Spirithost etc.) When I can farm decent ACC, SPD, Lifesteal gear and upgrade it to at least lvl12....then we'll go through the arena. Right now, we go in, beat some basic teams, get out. 

Dec 23, 2022, 20:1112/23/22
04/06/22
Balltazer

Seriously? A rare and an uncommon take on 136K, 4* awakened, double Stoneskin UDK, but he "loses his edge" because he's alone? His own power is twice that of my entire team, he wears the most OP set in the game, and he's awakened to 4*.....how much more edge do you need? 

Oh, I'm not arguing. 

You know, ever since I got Ronda, Classic Arena has been a lot easier for me. I finished the Arena Mission where I had to upgrade a Great Hall Bonus to 8, and I already have over a third of what I need to upgrade a bonus to 9. I actually made it to Gold 5 yesterday. 

But I'm not naiive enough not to see the true reason - many players put easily-beaten teams on Defense because they want to be demoted, hoping they'll get easier teams.

They don't like Classic Arena any more than I do.

And posts like this calling us "crybabies" for wanting more competitive balance certainly isn't helping. 

Dec 23, 2022, 20:4412/23/22
Dec 23, 2022, 20:45(edited)
02/11/21
OccamsRazor

Oh, I'm not arguing. 

You know, ever since I got Ronda, Classic Arena has been a lot easier for me. I finished the Arena Mission where I had to upgrade a Great Hall Bonus to 8, and I already have over a third of what I need to upgrade a bonus to 9. I actually made it to Gold 5 yesterday. 

But I'm not naiive enough not to see the true reason - many players put easily-beaten teams on Defense because they want to be demoted, hoping they'll get easier teams.

They don't like Classic Arena any more than I do.

And posts like this calling us "crybabies" for wanting more competitive balance certainly isn't helping. 

This isn't about helping..... we already tried that, but every time we tried to help, we were met with hostility, riducule and contempt. You want help? There are plenty of posts by many of us trying to help new players learn the game, learn arena, and beat UDK. 

This is about showing that this bag of bones is nothing more than a tank, and the reason you are struggling so hard with him is either because you have poorly built champs, you have a poorly built team, or you are simply not ready for arena...none of which has anything to do with UDK being an OP arena champ, let alone warranting a nerf. 

I didn't need Ronda, I didn't even need an epic to beat him. It's a rare champ and a fodder, neither of whom excel in Arena. So when new players cry about UDK being OP in Arena and mouth off every time more experienced players give them advice......I will call them crybabies. 

You want help? We're here to help. You don't want help, just want to complain? I'll call you a crybaby...it's that simple. 

Dec 23, 2022, 21:1912/23/22
04/06/22

How do I report a poster?

Dec 23, 2022, 21:4012/23/22
10/11/20

👆

I demand to speak to the manager!

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 23, 2022, 21:4612/23/22
12/30/20
OccamsRazor

How do I report a poster?

Usually to a moderator. I see banter here, which I've seen both parties throw out across various threads. 

Anyway, I still feel like I'm looking at a Rorschach test here in that this all seemed and still seems fairly obvious as a concept: 

UDK was never broken, never needed a nerf, never needed a change. What he did need was a practical approach to beating him - much like every other problem in Arena that isn't at the upper echelon of it. 

Conflating one's unwillingness to put time and effort into Arena with there being something wrong, broken, unbeatable with every strong champion that comes along just seems like a dead end to me. Once again I'll say that it's fine if a player doesn't want to put that time and effort into Arena, but don't expect Arena to change for you.

Dec 23, 2022, 21:5112/23/22
04/06/22

dthorne04 it has nothing to do here whether UDK is balanced or not, the OP is namecalling. IMOHO, he started the post simply to troll everyone who complains about UDK.

And you have to admit, a LOT of posters are complaining about him. Maybe that should tell them something.

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 23, 2022, 22:0812/23/22
12/30/20
OccamsRazor

dthorne04 it has nothing to do here whether UDK is balanced or not, the OP is namecalling. IMOHO, he started the post simply to troll everyone who complains about UDK.

And you have to admit, a LOT of posters are complaining about him. Maybe that should tell them something.

The wisdom of the crowd isn't always correct, especially when said crowd wants an effective shortcut.

Anywho, everyone should lighten up and go enjoy the holidays. That of course assumes you're not somewhere in North America that resembles Hoth.

Dec 23, 2022, 22:3312/23/22
Dec 23, 2022, 22:35(edited)
04/06/22
dthorne04

The wisdom of the crowd isn't always correct, especially when said crowd wants an effective shortcut.

Anywho, everyone should lighten up and go enjoy the holidays. That of course assumes you're not somewhere in North America that resembles Hoth.

Truthfully, I am.

Some kids on my street built a snowman yesterday, but this morning it was gone; at least 2 witnesses say they saw it board a bus for Miami. 

But Merry Christmas anyway.