All Categories

Ascend an artifact quest?

Ascend an artifact quest?

Search
Comments
Dec 9, 2022, 20:0612/09/22
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

In the nicest possible way, from a long established 'noob whiner' this is mostly BS. :)

For most players- running this dungeon takes a fair bit of time, and the rewards arent worth the investment in time and resources. It isnt equivalent to the hydra quest - Hydra uses a key which if you didnt want to 'really' do you could end after 10 seconds.

Noone has to actually do iron twins, ever. I do iron twins as i want the rewards, heck i burn gems frequently for them.

This quest requires you to actually finish and win half a dozen battles at level 10+, a real challenge for many players.

Dont get me wrong, i will simply miss a refill when it comes up so it is not important in the grand scheme of things, but trying to make this look a decently balanced quest with regards to reward to effort ratio is not fooling anyone :)

i

This is my current progress on the new dungeon... ;)

So, I can just spend 80 energy on level 1 a couple times per week right? 

I'm guessing ill get a little further than 1, but I am not going to push at all.  I will view the quest as a gentle reminder to eventually address this content. 

I don't see the energy as wasted, any more than being forced to do 3 dungeon runs, 4 if my luck is bad and an ancient drops.  Or 7 campaign runs... ouch. 😆 

I just find it funny that boycotting this mission is the grandiose solution, only to spite yourself...

Everyone that said IT wasn't worth doing, realized they were wrong.  Same will happen here. May take longer, but I guarantee it!

Dec 9, 2022, 20:0812/09/22
Dec 9, 2022, 20:11(edited)
01/15/21

People may decide it is worth doing, but - 80 energy for one of the quests to get a refil sounds bonkers bad to me :) . I question how useful the oil is unless you have multiple layers of top gear too. 

For the record btw, i have always hated hydra, but also always wanted mithrala and then the stoneskin from day 1, i farmed iron twins like a madman from day 1 too ..this feels different to me.

It still isnt as annoying as the 'lose a match in tag' quest coming up when i am trying to climb.

If you intend to run the dungeon i would wait till it actually works, i clawed my way up to 22 last night (the bloody minded part of me wants to finish all content) and it is buggy as hell, the health recovery doesnt work as documented for example.

Dec 9, 2022, 20:1512/09/22
12/19/19
Trevor Wilson

People may decide it is worth doing, but - 80 energy for one of the quests to get a refil sounds bonkers bad to me :) . I question how useful the oil is unless you have multiple layers of top gear too. 

For the record btw, i have always hated hydra, but also always wanted mithrala and then the stoneskin from day 1, i farmed iron twins like a madman from day 1 too ..this feels different to me.

It still isnt as annoying as the 'lose a match in tag' quest coming up when i am trying to climb.

If you intend to run the dungeon i would wait till it actually works, i clawed my way up to 22 last night (the bloody minded part of me wants to finish all content) and it is buggy as hell, the health recovery doesnt work as documented for example.

Its not about the refill.  Each quest is also a page... a lego book page no less!!!

The FW Tag quest can blow me.

I definitely intend to run it at some point, just no rush.  I'm trying to play the game on cruise control, allowing my energy and arena tokens to regularly cap out is progress for me :) Accept the inefficiency is painful though, lol

I can't believe you slogged thru 22, thats impressive.  Guess you don't have nodgar, lol.  You'd have oil for quests for awhile  

Dec 9, 2022, 20:2712/09/22
01/15/21
Trips

Its not about the refill.  Each quest is also a page... a lego book page no less!!!

The FW Tag quest can blow me.

I definitely intend to run it at some point, just no rush.  I'm trying to play the game on cruise control, allowing my energy and arena tokens to regularly cap out is progress for me :) Accept the inefficiency is painful though, lol

I can't believe you slogged thru 22, thats impressive.  Guess you don't have nodgar, lol.  You'd have oil for quests for awhile  

Nope, no nodgar, a clan mate had him and managed to run level 25 for over 60 runs before they patched it :)

Dec 9, 2022, 20:3512/09/22
06/25/20
Trips

i

This is my current progress on the new dungeon... ;)

So, I can just spend 80 energy on level 1 a couple times per week right? 

I'm guessing ill get a little further than 1, but I am not going to push at all.  I will view the quest as a gentle reminder to eventually address this content. 

I don't see the energy as wasted, any more than being forced to do 3 dungeon runs, 4 if my luck is bad and an ancient drops.  Or 7 campaign runs... ouch. 😆 

I just find it funny that boycotting this mission is the grandiose solution, only to spite yourself...

Everyone that said IT wasn't worth doing, realized they were wrong.  Same will happen here. May take longer, but I guarantee it!

Here's the thing - how far into the game do you need to be, to even be able to do that first stage? Because I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of newer players who will be blocked because of this, when they could do all the other ones.

Dec 9, 2022, 20:4012/09/22
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

Here's the thing - how far into the game do you need to be, to even be able to do that first stage? Because I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of newer players who will be blocked because of this, when they could do all the other ones.

Made me do 1 run...

i

Easier than bommal 10.

Dec 9, 2022, 20:4612/09/22
Dec 9, 2022, 20:47(edited)
06/25/20

Alright. I'll acquiesce. Thought it'd be more difficult than that. Only thing I'll add is - I hope that players aren't given this quest before they're actually able to do the dungeon, because it's locked :)

Dec 9, 2022, 20:5112/09/22
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

Alright. I'll acquiesce. Thought it'd be more difficult than that. Only thing I'll add is - I hope that players aren't given this quest before they're actually able to do the dungeon, because it's locked :)

That i certainly cannot promise, lol.