Balltazer

Hmm, I'll check it out. Don't know how I feel about CA in hydra lol

Works great with shamwow :)

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 29, 2022, 01:5711/29/22
02/24/19
Balltazer

Hmm, I'll check it out. Don't know how I feel about CA in hydra lol

The issue is you need everyone to have high resist, and I hate buffs that require it. I mean, the best teams are going to mostly be able to have all 6 champs resist the buff strip, but it's a pain to build for such stats, especially early.

The nice thing is you got Hurndig. Dude is still a DPS machine, especially in Dungeons and DT and such when you're not rocking Seer.

Nov 29, 2022, 02:2411/29/22
12/19/19
harleQuinn

The issue is you need everyone to have high resist, and I hate buffs that require it. I mean, the best teams are going to mostly be able to have all 6 champs resist the buff strip, but it's a pain to build for such stats, especially early.

The nice thing is you got Hurndig. Dude is still a DPS machine, especially in Dungeons and DT and such when you're not rocking Seer.

I think I have at most 1 on each team that can resist mischief consistently (kantra, duch, mith). Acc down and block buffs are key.

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 29, 2022, 02:3111/29/22
02/24/19
Trips

I think I have at most 1 on each team that can resist mischief consistently (kantra, duch, mith). Acc down and block buffs are key.

That is usually fine, sure. Until you start throwing in CA or Block Damage champs, really.

That's when I start to run into problems, at least.

Nov 29, 2022, 08:3011/29/22
03/30/22
harleQuinn

A few things: It's Monday. I have made Plat.

I would posit this is not their real defense at all. We will see their real defense about an hour before reset, basically 6 days from now.

I would be wary of that first team due to +2 Siphi/ +4 Rotos/+3 Kymar way before I would worry abotu Valk. In fact, the Valk means I have a shot at sneaking a win out with Mortu.

The second team I would hit if I was pushing. Might lose, but I'd hit it.

Dude, top 1 is acutally with Valk on his team, what do you talking about ? 

You have to know how to play her and play around her, wich he i not the case. You are not not better that the top 1 world at this game i presume.

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 29, 2022, 10:0911/29/22
Nov 29, 2022, 14:00(edited)
12/30/20
DevilFish

You have to know how to play her and play around her, wich he i not the case. You are not not better that the top 1 world at this game i presume.

Condescending and wrong is a pretty rough look, my guy.

You do understand that early week Plat doesn't accurately reflect end of week Plat, or the meta, right?

Not only do the people who legit finish high up in Plat often not put their real defenses up, but good players put in bad defenses and red herrings. This is an actual strategy from players that know what they're doing and how to excel in Arena. There are also people who push up that have no chance of finishing that high by end of week. No one that knows what they are actually doing put in a real defense until the last hour, so please look then...

Valk isn't meta in the world of Stoneskin Arena for reasons Quinn mentioned. Perhaps she is in Gold 4 or Gold 5, and perhaps your experience is that she's difficult to deal with. But in Gold Tag and true Plat, the Plat that only exists in the last hours before reset, she's not a champ any of us fear. If the OP wishes to actually advance in Tag, he'd be better served listening to Quinn's advice than whatever screenshots you're collecting on a Monday.

Nov 29, 2022, 17:4811/29/22
02/11/21
harleQuinn

I am running Seer, she's my main wave clearer. She's probably my most maxed out champ atm. 

Nov 29, 2022, 17:5611/29/22
02/11/21
Trips

I am running UDK as the Mischief tank on my main one. Also, Oboro and Var Gall are pretty much ready. For now, the highest I can climb in 2nd chest. Now that I got Mith, I wonder if I should start hitting one of them several times or stick to 1-key per difficulty. 

Nov 29, 2022, 22:4911/29/22
12/19/19
Balltazer

I am running UDK as the Mischief tank on my main one. Also, Oboro and Var Gall are pretty much ready. For now, the highest I can climb in 2nd chest. Now that I got Mith, I wonder if I should start hitting one of them several times or stick to 1-key per difficulty. 

1 key per difficulty, more chests is better 

Nov 29, 2022, 23:0011/29/22
02/11/21
Trips

1 key per difficulty, more chests is better 

For now, it's Normal, Hard, Brutal. You meantioned the good gear is on NM, right? I'll need to see if I can get a chest there next time. 

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 29, 2022, 23:1311/29/22
02/24/19

Really the meta change on Valk is crazy to me. I know endgame players that quit the game after whaling to get her across several events and never getting her. Now I would recommend dozens of leggos and a decent handful of epics over her.

The prevalence of Stoneskin and Mithrala has really affected her very strongly. Everyone who can hit Normal Hydra  eventually has two direct counters to her. That's her real problem, is that the sheer availability of her direct counters make her a liability in Arena over a benefit. She always had a couple of the counters I mentioned (Go Second teams especially, things like Hege and Lix too).... but she's just an example of how even the most dominant champs can be effectively nerfed by making a counter to them widely available.

BT, I did want to mention that I still think she can be useful on offense if you are struggling with your third tag team. I would say for SURE worth building if you hadn't beaten FW already. Now just prolly worth building out at some point. You just have a list of the types of teams and champs to avoid now, and she plays a solid role in attempting to help you cut into pure speed teams. :)

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 30, 2022, 05:1111/30/22
02/24/19
DevilFish

Here's the guy that was Top 1 with Valk on his team:

i

So I guess I can, in fact, beat your "Top 1" in the world. An while I do not think I am better, I know that this game heavily favors the attacker, and Valk is especially easy to exploit. Hopefully this clearly demonstrates that even a +4 Valk can be a liability in the current Arena meta.

And while Tuesday/Wednesday  plat doesn't matter my current arena ranking if you wish to find me on the list:

i

Nov 30, 2022, 05:1811/30/22
02/11/21
harleQuinn

Here's the guy that was Top 1 with Valk on his team:

i

So I guess I can, in fact, beat your "Top 1" in the world. An while I do not think I am better, I know that this game heavily favors the attacker, and Valk is especially easy to exploit. Hopefully this clearly demonstrates that even a +4 Valk can be a liability in the current Arena meta.

And while Tuesday/Wednesday  plat doesn't matter my current arena ranking if you wish to find me on the list:

i

A little off-topic, but is there a way to build Lydia to have her viable in Hydra, DTH, and Arena? I would like to stretch her as much as I can. Maybe as a debuffer in DTH and Hydra (350 ACC) and Revive Blocker in Arena? 

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 30, 2022, 05:3411/30/22
02/24/19
Balltazer

A little off-topic, but is there a way to build Lydia to have her viable in Hydra, DTH, and Arena? I would like to stretch her as much as I can. Maybe as a debuffer in DTH and Hydra (350 ACC) and Revive Blocker in Arena? 

I use her in all three myself., as well as in my FK25 speed farm team.

Here she is if you'd like to see how I have her right now:

i

I really need to update her to a higher resistance and potentially stouter version, I haven't touched her gear since last November-December.

Nov 30, 2022, 15:2511/30/22
02/11/21
harleQuinn

I use her in all three myself., as well as in my FK25 speed farm team.

Here she is if you'd like to see how I have her right now:

i

I really need to update her to a higher resistance and potentially stouter version, I haven't touched her gear since last November-December.

Ok, I think I'm on the right track. Mine is at 53K HP, 4100 DEF, 258 SPD, 311 RES, 378 ACC. Maybe need more Accuracy, I'll play around with gear more. 

Thanks, I was kinda torn apart wondering what thresholds I need to meet. Just learning the difference between attacking speed teams and go-second teams in terms of ACC/RES dynamics. 

Dec 2, 2022, 09:2912/02/22
01/15/21

Hmm interesting thread, wish i had seen this before.

I think there is a counter to almost any team on defence.  There are very few teams even i (as a mid game player i guess) look at and cant think of a way to give myself a chance against.

I think on offence she definitely has her place as an interrupt (i use tormin but she would be useful when there is an opposing siphi i thought)

I had also considered building her as my nuker and pairing her with brogni for a go second team maybe even build out rian for a combined stripper / reviver (rian is in my vault). The ai is stupid so it might work well on offence?

Dec 2, 2022, 09:3112/02/22
01/15/21
harleQuinn

She's not that terrible. Absolute chase champ for a long time. But things change, for sure.

The issue is that her TM decrease can't keep up with a few things: 1) Go Third teams who just sit around with shields, then strip her buffs and nuke the enemy team. 2) Stoneskin. Basically I can use my TM booster on 3 stoneskin protected champs and ignore her TM decrease entirely. 3) Mortu teams, where you want her to go and put her CA up so you can AoE the whole enemy team, then trigger your Peril off the CAs, and use that to blow up the real threat. 4) Speed teams where, if you plan ahead, you can toss in a stopgap Sethallia or Morri or another secondary booster after your Arbi and jump the rest of the team, strip and nuke... or just provoke or fear her.

Against mortu teams it would be a stupid choice for sure , and i always run on manual against mortu- i appreciate you are talking defence however.

The super slow shielding teams can be countered by pairing her with an ukko though? 

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 2, 2022, 09:5412/02/22
02/24/19
Trevor Wilson

Against mortu teams it would be a stupid choice for sure , and i always run on manual against mortu- i appreciate you are talking defence however.

The super slow shielding teams can be countered by pairing her with an ukko though? 

Ukko teams usually don't disrupt my super slow team enough to affect my win rate very much. He just doesn't steal enough buffs to cause wipes and I can peril or nuke down his buddies, blocking revive. Then eventually the Stoneskin or shield he stole wears off and that's that.

So I don't see her as a great option there myself.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 2, 2022, 09:5812/02/22
02/24/19
Trevor Wilson

Hmm interesting thread, wish i had seen this before.

I think there is a counter to almost any team on defence.  There are very few teams even i (as a mid game player i guess) look at and cant think of a way to give myself a chance against.

I think on offence she definitely has her place as an interrupt (i use tormin but she would be useful when there is an opposing siphi i thought)

I had also considered building her as my nuker and pairing her with brogni for a go second team maybe even build out rian for a combined stripper / reviver (rian is in my vault). The ai is stupid so it might work well on offence?

Offense is very different than your defense matchups for sure. :)

If you can avoid the situations I mentioned, she's great. And she can still have her place as a switch in switch out champ certainly, especially if you're looking to slow down something like a classic Siphi/Rotos speed team. But as more and more teams start wearing full stoneskin, and more and more teams are backed by a Nekhret, it seems at least to me that spot is going to become more and more needed for a true buff stripper or stoneskin counter.

Dec 2, 2022, 10:2412/02/22
Dec 2, 2022, 10:24(edited)
01/15/21
harleQuinn

Offense is very different than your defense matchups for sure. :)

If you can avoid the situations I mentioned, she's great. And she can still have her place as a switch in switch out champ certainly, especially if you're looking to slow down something like a classic Siphi/Rotos speed team. But as more and more teams start wearing full stoneskin, and more and more teams are backed by a Nekhret, it seems at least to me that spot is going to become more and more needed for a true buff stripper or stoneskin counter.

Yeh i am at the point where having no nekhret is a challenge, if i push i usually finish 'just' outside plat which is quite frustrating

I am stable in G2 tag, but G3 is proving a challenge.

As for the stoneskin counter i have been considering building out a stoneskin gaius to be honest, but he is also easy to counter.... 

Offence is easy, defence is not :)