All Categories

THIS IS VERY UNFAIR

THIS IS VERY UNFAIR

Search
Nov 2, 2022, 00:5511/02/22
04/23/22

THIS IS VERY UNFAIR

Only player accounts created after new faction wars release should have to complete new faction to obtain lydia.  I am like 70% complete with FW and 0% complete on new faction considering I have 0 Champs for NEW Faction.

So unless plarium is intending to give me "FREE" a capiable team of completing new faction, I should not have to do it to obtain a needed champion for my account.

If you already have lydia, i could careless about your opinion or what they have done in the past, this does not apply to your account progression.

Views
Comments
Comments
Nov 2, 2022, 01:2211/02/22
07/08/19

an interesting point. 

tell us then, if you were in charge, how would you go about introducing a new faction crypt in order to keep things fair?

Nov 2, 2022, 01:3111/02/22
04/23/22

Anyone who has made progress in FW the progression milestone should remain consistant.  Moving the finish line after the race has started is bullshit

Nov 2, 2022, 01:4411/02/22
07/08/19
xGhostwindx

Anyone who has made progress in FW the progression milestone should remain consistant.  Moving the finish line after the race has started is bullshit

now, what is it you mean by consistant exactly? it should take exactly 819 stars? get all stars on 13 crypts? get all stars specifically on the crypts for telerains, gaellan pact, corrupted, and dwarves?

the first one would be grossly unfair, since it would make it possible to get lydia without clearing a single crypt on 21. the second is better, but still notably easier for those who dont already have lydia since they would be able to pick and choose which crypts they could finish and which two they'd prefer to skip. the third is probably the closest you'd come towards true fairness, but makes the addition of new crypts somewhat less impactful and would inevitably draw complaints from people who can beat shadowkin or sylvan watchers easily, but havent figured out knights revenant or skinwalkers yet.

were you thinking of one of those options or did you have something else in mind?

Nov 2, 2022, 02:0811/02/22
04/24/22

I think new FW should have the rewards in mind tackled in (similar to the books) that way they dont need to rework the entire thing or ask people who havent finished it yet to do an extra faction(or 2) Cause this will happen when the last one is release too no ?(2 empty hidden slot)

Nov 2, 2022, 03:4211/02/22
04/19/20

its pretty fair we get new faction we get new stars to farm and easy way to get more stars and get better reward

Nov 2, 2022, 04:2311/02/22
02/11/21

Have you ever asked for help with Faction Wars? What are you struggling with? Cause I can almost promise you Plarium is not likely to change anything because of your post, so we can cry about it or we can try to knock out these remaining 30% before Sylvan Watchers crypt opens. 

What factions are you stuck on and what champions do you have?

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 2, 2022, 04:3111/02/22
Nov 2, 2022, 04:35(edited)
12/30/20
Balltazer

Have you ever asked for help with Faction Wars? What are you struggling with? Cause I can almost promise you Plarium is not likely to change anything because of your post, so we can cry about it or we can try to knock out these remaining 30% before Sylvan Watchers crypt opens. 

This is the right approach.

My best guess is we have somewhere in the six month range before Sylvan FW comes out, and if it mirrors how Shadowkin was introduced we'll have around a month's notice.

In the meantime, I would expect quite a few options for Sylvan to drop in Fusions, perhaps a future login, so on and so forth. If you haven't prioritized getting Orn from the current fusion, you likely should. 

Nov 2, 2022, 04:4411/02/22
02/11/21
dthorne04

This is the right approach.

My best guess is we have somewhere in the six month range before Sylvan FW comes out, and if it mirrors how Shadowkin was introduced we'll have around a month's notice.

In the meantime, I would expect quite a few options for Sylvan to drop in Fusions, perhaps a future login, so on and so forth. If you haven't prioritized getting Orn from the current fusion, you likely should. 

Orn is the only thing I was after in this fusion....just in case they decide to unnerf him lol. I am not a fan of relying on RNG. 

But yes, getting several Orns during fusion can definitely help with Faction Wars, even if he misses the window. Poison is very useful against the red boss, I think because he doesn't gain turn meter from indirect damage. And it's generally a powerful debuff when paired with Poison Sensitivity and triggering poisons, which I think Orn does. 

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 2, 2022, 04:5411/02/22
12/30/20
Balltazer

Orn is the only thing I was after in this fusion....just in case they decide to unnerf him lol. I am not a fan of relying on RNG. 

But yes, getting several Orns during fusion can definitely help with Faction Wars, even if he misses the window. Poison is very useful against the red boss, I think because he doesn't gain turn meter from indirect damage. And it's generally a powerful debuff when paired with Poison Sensitivity and triggering poisons, which I think Orn does. 

I meant to address OP there with Orn, but I'm a little sleepy. 😂

Grabbing multiple Orns is a sharp play, stacking up Faction Guardians early as a worst case scenario.

Nov 2, 2022, 05:1111/02/22
02/11/21
dthorne04

I meant to address OP there with Orn, but I'm a little sleepy. 😂

Grabbing multiple Orns is a sharp play, stacking up Faction Guardians early as a worst case scenario.

Stacking up poisons, too. When you're talking about champions who can solo dungeons, I'm sure several of them can take care of a crypt....only problem is keeping the other bodies alive. 

Nov 2, 2022, 05:2311/02/22
10/11/20
Balltazer

OP has stated, in no ambiguous terms, that they don't want an opinion from anyone who already has Lydia. That means yours, dthorne's or my opinion is irrelevant. I didn't even get the impression they even want an opinion, nor did I notice any specific question that needs to be answered. Therefore, if they don't want it, why should anyone offer it? 

Nov 2, 2022, 05:3611/02/22
05/03/20

I am trying to get 2x orn.  Eventually the FG will open and I like those bonuses.  

Nov 2, 2022, 05:4711/02/22
02/11/21
Tyr Anasazi

OP has stated, in no ambiguous terms, that they don't want an opinion from anyone who already has Lydia. That means yours, dthorne's or my opinion is irrelevant. I didn't even get the impression they even want an opinion, nor did I notice any specific question that needs to be answered. Therefore, if they don't want it, why should anyone offer it? 

The way I take it, they don't care about opinions on whether it's fair or not. But maybe they would like help. 

I have no problem metaphorically kicking someone while they're down IF they are down by choice....but I like to offer them a hand first.

Nov 2, 2022, 05:5411/02/22
Nov 2, 2022, 05:56(edited)
05/03/20

There is a lot of anger going around right now for a lot of reasons.  Let an upset player vent.  24 hours later post on the thread and offer some help.  If someone is already angry there isnt anything to be said to calm that down.  Most posts directed at an angry player will seem like gasoline and enflame the situation.  

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 2, 2022, 06:1111/02/22
Nov 2, 2022, 06:11(edited)
12/30/20
ClosedPoly

There is a lot of anger going around right now for a lot of reasons.  Let an upset player vent.  24 hours later post on the thread and offer some help.  If someone is already angry there isnt anything to be said to calm that down.  Most posts directed at an angry player will seem like gasoline and enflame the situation.  

Hmm, other than the fact it's a post in a public forum - i.e. those making posts don't get to dicate the rules of the forum and discourse that goes on within it - the replies have been respectful and informative. 

OP is likely a bit misguided or misinformed about the timelines and would benefit from taking a constructive and proactive approach to the situation rather than being mad about it. What they choose to do with the information provided is up to them of course. 

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 2, 2022, 12:5611/02/22
02/24/19
dthorne04

Hmm, other than the fact it's a post in a public forum - i.e. those making posts don't get to dicate the rules of the forum and discourse that goes on within it - the replies have been respectful and informative. 

OP is likely a bit misguided or misinformed about the timelines and would benefit from taking a constructive and proactive approach to the situation rather than being mad about it. What they choose to do with the information provided is up to them of course. 

Very much so.

There will be AT LEAST 6 months to finish the Faction Wars grind for Lydia. That isn't "my opinion" or "what has been done in the past", that's from Plarium. They have told us this new faction will be the same as the previous where Lydia is concerned. Which means likely 9 months. NINE freaking months. I believe @Balltazer finished Lydia entirely in that amount of time.

It's up to the OP to manage to find a way to finish in 9 months, or they are just going to have to do the extra crypt.

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 2, 2022, 13:1211/02/22
02/24/19
ClosedPoly

It isn't my responsibility to set a timer for when I, or any other user here, is allowed to respond. No thank you. Any user here can respond to any post they want to, at any time, as soon as someone posts their venting, or rage, or rant.  Just as anyone can post feedback about the game issues they are unhappy about,  

Additionally, no one is obliged to offer help in any way in response to venting, 24 hours later or otherwise. Though I would think the help of people who rushed to finish Lydia before Dwarves opened, or before Shadowkin opened, would be a gold mine to the OP. 

But thank you for your input, Poly. 

Nov 2, 2022, 15:1411/02/22
02/11/21
harleQuinn

Very much so.

There will be AT LEAST 6 months to finish the Faction Wars grind for Lydia. That isn't "my opinion" or "what has been done in the past", that's from Plarium. They have told us this new faction will be the same as the previous where Lydia is concerned. Which means likely 9 months. NINE freaking months. I believe @Balltazer finished Lydia entirely in that amount of time.

It's up to the OP to manage to find a way to finish in 9 months, or they are just going to have to do the extra crypt.

I know I'm a dirty spender, and that's the only reason I finished it at 6 months mark, but there is something to be said about community resources we have available. People here on the forum have helped a great bit, and some of the advice that helped me the most are:

1. Share gear. FW require good gear, especially if you're putting lvl50 champs in the mix. You are not likely to have enough gear to outfit everyone, so don't shy away from sharing. I have developed some sets of gear for common roles I passed around. 6-7 of those sets (turn meter booster, healer, reviver, debuffer, nuker etc.) were just changing hands. Best tip I got from here, hands down.

2. Don't be afraid to 6* champions just for faction wars. Forge is a great place to get great gear (Perception) and CvC points, so farming FW will become a common practice for you. I was hesistant to 6* champs because "I won't use them after that"....not even close, I am gearing them out right now. 

3. Team matters more than individual champs. If a rare fits your team better than a leggo, use the rare. My High Elves team has 2 rares in it, one of them at 50, and one of my first teams to finish the crypt, even before I got Arbiter. 

I understant emotions, I understand frustration, I definitely understand being mad at Plarium....but none of that gets you Lydia. This isn't my first gacha game, I can tell you that complaining about the game will largely fall on deaf ears. But we can help the OP the same people here helped me.  

Nov 2, 2022, 15:5111/02/22
Nov 2, 2022, 15:52(edited)
01/15/21

When shadowkin came out i hadnt finished FW as i still had knight revenant to do, i didnt see it as a huge deal to be honest.

As others have mentioned we probably have 5 or 6 months before the crypt is released, if you would like help to finish any particular faction before that time is up please post, plenty will help.

dthorne04Moderator
Nov 2, 2022, 15:5511/02/22
12/30/20
Balltazer

I know I'm a dirty spender, and that's the only reason I finished it at 6 months mark, but there is something to be said about community resources we have available. People here on the forum have helped a great bit, and some of the advice that helped me the most are:

1. Share gear. FW require good gear, especially if you're putting lvl50 champs in the mix. You are not likely to have enough gear to outfit everyone, so don't shy away from sharing. I have developed some sets of gear for common roles I passed around. 6-7 of those sets (turn meter booster, healer, reviver, debuffer, nuker etc.) were just changing hands. Best tip I got from here, hands down.

2. Don't be afraid to 6* champions just for faction wars. Forge is a great place to get great gear (Perception) and CvC points, so farming FW will become a common practice for you. I was hesistant to 6* champs because "I won't use them after that"....not even close, I am gearing them out right now. 

3. Team matters more than individual champs. If a rare fits your team better than a leggo, use the rare. My High Elves team has 2 rares in it, one of them at 50, and one of my first teams to finish the crypt, even before I got Arbiter. 

I understant emotions, I understand frustration, I definitely understand being mad at Plarium....but none of that gets you Lydia. This isn't my first gacha game, I can tell you that complaining about the game will largely fall on deaf ears. But we can help the OP the same people here helped me.  

I was woefully behind - or so I thought - when there was about 6 weeks left until Shadowkin came out. @harleQuinn coached me up, fixed my approach up with these same tips and it worked like a charm. I think we did...140 stars in 3 weeks to finish up. 😂

To 3. especially, I think there's quite a few epics (and rares for that matter) that get overlooked when trying to finish off teams. I'm pretty certain Quinn finished off several Crypts with multiple rares, and not the usual suspects either. I really do feel as though too many players get caught up on what they feel like they need rather than working with what they have now, and that becomes quite clear in FW.