All Categories

Spoiler alert / early criticism

Spoiler alert / early criticism

Search
Comments
Oct 24, 2022, 23:4410/24/22
10/11/20
kramaswamy.kr

If my math is correct, Forge Pass gives you 950 of the mats needed for the 5-6* items. At 5 per forge, that means you can forge a total of 190 of them with the Forge Pass. Add the six you get for reaching level 50, and you get a total of 196. Double that by the fact that they normally run this twice, and you're at 392. 

There's a 50% chance that you get a 5*, so we'll assume half of those 392 are trash. Down to 196.

We'll also be generous, and say half of the rare ones end up being trash. There's a 35% chance for rare, so we'll say 17.5% of those remaining are trash, leaving us with 162.

162 is quite a lot of crafting. My guess is that you'll easily be able to get three full, usable sets out of 162. You could very well end up with more. In comparison, FTP get 20 total. Reduce by the same above math, and you end up with a total of about 8 potentially useful items.

That sounds very much P2W to me. Especially considering those artifacts will never lose value (barring some more crazy power creeping). I stand by my original statement that this is an absolutely terrible set for them to add.

Your math checks out, as I've gotten precisely 3 usable Bolster sets, and I haven't crafted the last part yet, so that's likely one more. With charms and glyphs I made one solid Brogni build, and two on Vogoth and Minaya which are just HP focused. 

Oct 24, 2022, 23:4610/24/22
12/19/19

^^

Endgame gear/stats is such a moving target that will always be a step or two beyond my f2p capabilities. I just don't think this changes it.  And the "whales" are hard capped with the same amount of items...maybe more charms/ore.  But I don't see this being any different than empowerment or blessings.... we aren't competing with those spenders already...

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 25, 2022, 00:0710/25/22
02/24/19
Trips

^^

Endgame gear/stats is such a moving target that will always be a step or two beyond my f2p capabilities. I just don't think this changes it.  And the "whales" are hard capped with the same amount of items...maybe more charms/ore.  But I don't see this being any different than empowerment or blessings.... we aren't competing with those spenders already...

I don't know about you Trips, but I felt like I was really closing the gap over the past year. "Empowerment: The Team" of +4 void leggos wasn't even a huge concern typically, until you hit the tip top of Plat. Eventually, enough time and focus can replace spending, just as spending replaces focus and time.

I think I see this, and the other Forge Pass gear, as a way to keep the gap in place more than a way to "Gamebreaking P2W" need to change all the bosses.

Oct 25, 2022, 00:1710/25/22
12/19/19
harleQuinn

I don't know about you Trips, but I felt like I was really closing the gap over the past year. "Empowerment: The Team" of +4 void leggos wasn't even a huge concern typically, until you hit the tip top of Plat. Eventually, enough time and focus can replace spending, just as spending replaces focus and time.

I think I see this, and the other Forge Pass gear, as a way to keep the gap in place more than a way to "Gamebreaking P2W" need to change all the bosses.

Empowerment is real in G4... 😆 we have a whale or 2 in our clan, the gap is real.  These are the ones full auto hydra NM...

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 25, 2022, 00:2410/25/22
02/24/19
Trips

Empowerment is real in G4... 😆 we have a whale or 2 in our clan, the gap is real.  These are the ones full auto hydra NM...

Empowerment is real in the reset Platinum crew too. But other than that, it isn't an absolute no go. There's a tip top, and then there is everything else.

I don't see a 2 piece forge set changing that, is what I'm saying.

Oct 25, 2022, 00:2510/25/22
06/25/20

I mean just to be clear, I'm pretty sure I said from the beginning that I thought this was a game-breaking PvE set. I don't think it'll have any influence at all in arena. I do, however, think it will trivialize a lot of PvE content.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 25, 2022, 01:0910/25/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

I mean just to be clear, I'm pretty sure I said from the beginning that I thought this was a game-breaking PvE set. I don't think it'll have any influence at all in arena. I do, however, think it will trivialize a lot of PvE content.

PvE content is not difficult, only Gold Tag and Plat arena really matters. :)

And yeah, it'll have an impact in Arena actually. This set could beat up on Barons and Hephs and Candys. And unlike Stoneskin, it can't be ignored. More sets that COULD be on someone, more RNG in Arena on who to attack with, longer fights, etc...

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 25, 2022, 01:1810/25/22
12/30/20
kramaswamy.kr

There are far, far more players who will be able to use a set like this to break through content faster - which given how much there is to do in the game now to get to whatever is considered midgame and later - versus those who are in a position to recognize or care about trivialization of most PvE content. And that all hinges on it being nearly as overpowered as you think it'll be. 

Now if it just does end up being that strong, I can't say I'm overly excited for how grindy Tag might end up from a time perspective. 

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 25, 2022, 10:1110/25/22
Oct 25, 2022, 10:11(edited)
02/24/19

Whelp, it definitely is a 2 piece set. :)

HellHades Patch 6.20 

I apologize for suggesting otherwise. I had seen it both ways and assumed the standard 4 piece for Forge Pass was correct. :)

Oct 25, 2022, 10:4510/25/22
02/28/22

Seems a set with no real thought about the gameplay just enticement to spend money on the forge pass

Three equiped sets give you +30 defence and -45 AOE damage - that surely can't be good for the game?

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 25, 2022, 10:5110/25/22
02/24/19
Ratted

Seems a set with no real thought about the gameplay just enticement to spend money on the forge pass

Three equiped sets give you +30 defence and -45 AOE damage - that surely can't be good for the game?

I don't find it as gamebreaking as people are fearing it will be. Not even sure it's a must get. Not many people are using Stalwart outside of CB or Hydra. :)