All Categories

Just popped a bunch of shards, need help building a Clan Boss team.

Just popped a bunch of shards, need help building a Clan Boss team.

Search
Comments
Oct 17, 2022, 18:5210/17/22
12/19/19
harleQuinn

I think we go one champ upgrade only at a time for as long as possible.

I personally see Vogoth as, at best, a stopgap in CB.

I think better to build the champ that decreases speed requirements for all the other champs, enabling us to bring in more defense, accuracy while hitting proper 4:3 or 2:1 speeds. More debuffs, more sustain. More turns, way more damage.

For long term survival, much more important than another source of healing after the hit, hoping we don't die from the hit, is that we are properly speed tuned to have our Dec Atk up while the Inc Def up, with a leech for our sustain (and you can get this leech from Hotatsu and Deacon both).

Basically Deacon speeds the whole team up, enabling us to both build better or even into 2:1, he brings a backup leech, he brings Dec Def, enabling us to 1:1 swap him for Uugo.

As far as epic books, Hotatsu has to be the focus, then whatever Ally Protection we settle on. So there's honestly an argument to build Hotatsu and just plug and swap already built around him until you've found your best temporary team to sneak into Nightmare and get yourself some books.

Vogoth is still in my 1key NM team on alt :) still haven't finished that new comp... ugh

I readily admit that I am just theory crafting as I am far removed from these early game quandries.  Better to send these n00bs to others in case the comp doesn't work  :).  My vogoth team though is 1) not speed tuned 2) only uses 2 real cb champs 3) has no poison and no pure dps (geo makes this moot i concede)

Sepulcher is a throwaway champ imo though, only thing I don't like about your suggested comp.  Granted sometimes we have to build those...

Oct 17, 2022, 23:1510/17/22
Oct 17, 2022, 23:17(edited)
06/16/22
harleQuinn

Follow up, I'll play around with Kunoichi and see if there's some Ally Protection thing I can rubber band together.

What's realistic speeds for champs with 3.5k defense on them @kmanmott ?

My Uugo (I know is more HP based) is +45k HP, +1,784 def and +114 speed (216 total speed) from gear (I'm giving you plus from gear since I'm sure there's some bonuses from the other sources. 

My UDK that has a total of 4,865 (+3,444 from gear) def has 160 speed. 

My Armiger has 170 speed. 

My Gorgorab has 240 speed. 

so long story short, maybe around 200 max speed if I really prioritize speed and def%. Might be limited on other stats 

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 18, 2022, 03:4010/18/22
02/24/19
Trips

Vogoth is still in my 1key NM team on alt :) still haven't finished that new comp... ugh

I readily admit that I am just theory crafting as I am far removed from these early game quandries.  Better to send these n00bs to others in case the comp doesn't work  :).  My vogoth team though is 1) not speed tuned 2) only uses 2 real cb champs 3) has no poison and no pure dps (geo makes this moot i concede)

Sepulcher is a throwaway champ imo though, only thing I don't like about your suggested comp.  Granted sometimes we have to build those...

Yeah, Geo makes so much moot in CB. So beyond other boss killers it's insane

You're right that Sepulcher is pretty much just useful in those 4:3 comps. I am checking what we can do with Doompriest post CB cleanse instead, cause that's such a better option as far as a champ that deals with debuffs.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 18, 2022, 03:4110/18/22
02/24/19
kmanmott

My Uugo (I know is more HP based) is +45k HP, +1,784 def and +114 speed (216 total speed) from gear (I'm giving you plus from gear since I'm sure there's some bonuses from the other sources. 

My UDK that has a total of 4,865 (+3,444 from gear) def has 160 speed. 

My Armiger has 170 speed. 

My Gorgorab has 240 speed. 

so long story short, maybe around 200 max speed if I really prioritize speed and def%. Might be limited on other stats 

Okay. Cool. 

Keep working on Hotatsu and I'll jump back in soon with hopefully SOMETHING. :)

Oct 19, 2022, 23:2010/19/22
06/16/22
harleQuinn

Okay. Cool. 

Keep working on Hotatsu and I'll jump back in soon with hopefully SOMETHING. :)

Here's the start of Hotatsu's gear. This is kinda mainly Def / accuracy / Speed gear. 

He's also not rank 6 or ascended at all yet. 

i

Oct 19, 2022, 23:5510/19/22
06/25/20

Posting stats for champs that are 5* is somewhat pointless :)

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 20, 2022, 00:2710/20/22
02/24/19

Kram has a point. His base stats will significantly increase at Rank 6, 60. Because of this, hard to tell what the final build will look like.

Keep making that food though! :)

Oct 20, 2022, 20:0810/20/22
06/16/22
harleQuinn

Kram has a point. His base stats will significantly increase at Rank 6, 60. Because of this, hard to tell what the final build will look like.

Keep making that food though! :)

Hey Harle I'm having a small problem right now. I'm needing to Ascend a Spirit, Force, Magic and Void to 6 for Arbiter mission (I accidentally did this too soon), so I need 4 champs to do this. 

I was doing Vogoth per Trips, I was ranking up Hotatsu for CB and then I needed a Force. I currently ranked Maranix to lv 50, but I still have Sepulcher and Doompriest waiting. Curious if I should be bringing Doom or Sepulcher up first based on the Clan Boss requirements. 

Nov 30, 2022, 21:5611/30/22
06/16/22

With the help of Quinn, I've been running a team that's getting me 2 key NM on Void affinity only. I'm usually maxing out at about 21M damage in 1 run, and ending on turn 35-38. It's basically just an Inc Def and Dec Attack standard team. 

Current team is:

* Hotatsu (193)

* Sepulcher (228)

* Uugo (226) 

* Kael (177)

* Walking Tomb Dreng (172) 

---------------

I've really been trying to put together a better team and running into a couple problems. 

My original thought was to try to use White Dryad Nia for Ally Protect, Anchorite for a buff extender and Myciliac Priest Orn to replace Kael. (theorycrafting to have 100% uptime on Ally Protect). Then I ran into a problem of who to take out...Uugo is my decrease defense, and decent healer (maybe unnecessary?), Sepulcher and Hotatsu both run Inc Def and Dec Attack, and then I have WTD doing my main damage. 

Is Sepulcher actually even necessary for me? If Hotatsu is my lead, and I'm fighting void affinity, he'll just always cleanse himself of the stun I presume? I could sub in Nia for Sepulcher or maybe someone else entirely? 

Would Deacon also be better than Uugo? His leach seems more consistent for sure. 

Here's my champs 

Edit: Nia also has this wonderful skill for cleansing a target, althogh it might get tricky to speed tune if she is reducing cooldowns. If I had someone in the lead position that didn't need to do a "increase defense" buff, maybe I could have her cleanse a damage dealer or something? 

Could I / should I put UDK as a lead and have Nia cleanse him + reduce his cooldowns? 

Nov 30, 2022, 22:1511/30/22
06/25/20

Good move :)

So, to re-iterate my last statement - no, Nia can't work for this. The 2-turn cooldown makes it impossible to control whose moves get their cooldown reduced.

And, to your other question, Hotatsu's passive still results in cooldown ticks on the other moves. So, for him to work as the stun target, he needs to run 4:3, so that he can refresh his moves at the right time. But, to make matters worse, it won't help against different affinities, and it won't help against the speed down debuffs.

So - no, Sepulcher stays, unless you're able to build a tune around Doompriest removing the speed down.

Nov 30, 2022, 22:3211/30/22
06/16/22
kramaswamy.kr

Good move :)

So, to re-iterate my last statement - no, Nia can't work for this. The 2-turn cooldown makes it impossible to control whose moves get their cooldown reduced.

And, to your other question, Hotatsu's passive still results in cooldown ticks on the other moves. So, for him to work as the stun target, he needs to run 4:3, so that he can refresh his moves at the right time. But, to make matters worse, it won't help against different affinities, and it won't help against the speed down debuffs.

So - no, Sepulcher stays, unless you're able to build a tune around Doompriest removing the speed down.

I guess in the short term I'm just subbing out Kael for Priest Orn...and then I'm praying I get my last Rare needed for Rhazin as I have 15/16 of them. Rhazin would really do well replacing Uugo right now.