All Categories

Price Comparison - Special Skill Pack (Spending vs Non-Spending Offers)

Price Comparison - Special Skill Pack (Spending vs Non-Spending Offers)

Search
Comments
Jun 29, 2019, 16:1406/29/19
03/26/19
celejmich said:

I noticed that this was happening just few days ago. My main which has bought packs before gets bombarded with really shitty overpriced offers that no-one in their right mind should EVER consider, while my F2P alt gets pretty much half the deals for 1/4 of the price. That was the moment I decided that I will not spend another dollar in the cash shop due to how I'm being treated for actually wanting to pay for the game development. Wake up guys - this game is actually not all that worth it. It lures you with cool graphic style and fast progression at the beginning but what is there actually to it? Just an everyday grind and choirs laced with frequent disappointment. Arena is a joke. Amount of grind vs energy restriction is a joke. No actually PVP with LIVE players. Nothing to look forward to really. I'm kinda hanging out waiting for the update and new fusions, but deciding that I'm not gonna give Plarium any more money heavily limits the amount of game time I get each day - Losing interest fast because I clearly can't keep up without buying refills, which I'm not gonna do - and that's with the EXP buff active. I can only imagine what will happen to progression speed if I don't have the 100% EXP buff - Even early game with constant free energy refills and 2 weeks of EXP buffs, the game is a ridiculous grind. If you are not looking forward to constantly buying refills and EXP buffs later on and keep them up 100% of the time, just cut your loses and quit now.
Been 2 days since I uninstalled and quit, and it already feels like a weight off my shoulders, which is not how games should ever be. I was getting so angry and stressed over all the pop ups of these 'deals', combined with increased advertising, continuously pushing back updates, and just general dissatisfaction with everything that the game currently stands for. I played for 3 months, and on my last day I got the 1 sacred and 1 void for the month, and just decided to spend all my shards and empty the bank knowing that I wanted to quit and was comfortable just cutting my losses and not furthering the stress. Got trash from the shards of course, as expected by percentages, and it was actually a good way to seal the deal. Got to level 55, spent close to 100 dollars plus completing almost all of the 3rd set of missions along with all challenges and campaign. Got pretty much all the shards you could get during the time. Never got a legendary, which two days ago was frustrating, but now I just feel happy to be free from the game. Plarium has already sucked the money out of so many people's pockets, so although it won't ever be a fair exchange, I hope they can at least offer future raid players with more playtime awards that are not based on the ridiculous RNG or cash grabs. The fusion sounds good, but then again the Arbiter sounded good as well before we realized that for the time being, they put the character in with no way of getting it aside from void shards. And the fusion was supposed to come out long before now, and is still yet to come. I'm sure the money is flowing in for the company and they know that adding a legendary that's actually possible to get would lower shard sales. Hope you guys get a good update, but honestly, think about whether you actually want to put yourself through the stress. Is the game worth it for the graphics and the strategy? For me, everything was overshadowed by a very strong distaste for everything else in the game. All your choice though.
Jun 29, 2019, 18:0606/29/19
04/04/19
Supermush said:

celejmich said:

I noticed that this was happening just few days ago. My main which has bought packs before gets bombarded with really shitty overpriced offers that no-one in their right mind should EVER consider, while my F2P alt gets pretty much half the deals for 1/4 of the price. That was the moment I decided that I will not spend another dollar in the cash shop due to how I'm being treated for actually wanting to pay for the game development. Wake up guys - this game is actually not all that worth it. It lures you with cool graphic style and fast progression at the beginning but what is there actually to it? Just an everyday grind and choirs laced with frequent disappointment. Arena is a joke. Amount of grind vs energy restriction is a joke. No actually PVP with LIVE players. Nothing to look forward to really. I'm kinda hanging out waiting for the update and new fusions, but deciding that I'm not gonna give Plarium any more money heavily limits the amount of game time I get each day - Losing interest fast because I clearly can't keep up without buying refills, which I'm not gonna do - and that's with the EXP buff active. I can only imagine what will happen to progression speed if I don't have the 100% EXP buff - Even early game with constant free energy refills and 2 weeks of EXP buffs, the game is a ridiculous grind. If you are not looking forward to constantly buying refills and EXP buffs later on and keep them up 100% of the time, just cut your loses and quit now.
Been 2 days since I uninstalled and quit, and it already feels like a weight off my shoulders, which is not how games should ever be. I was getting so angry and stressed over all the pop ups of these 'deals', combined with increased advertising, continuously pushing back updates, and just general dissatisfaction with everything that the game currently stands for. I played for 3 months, and on my last day I got the 1 sacred and 1 void for the month, and just decided to spend all my shards and empty the bank knowing that I wanted to quit and was comfortable just cutting my losses and not furthering the stress. Got trash from the shards of course, as expected by percentages, and it was actually a good way to seal the deal. Got to level 55, spent close to 100 dollars plus completing almost all of the 3rd set of missions along with all challenges and campaign. Got pretty much all the shards you could get during the time. Never got a legendary, which two days ago was frustrating, but now I just feel happy to be free from the game. Plarium has already sucked the money out of so many people's pockets, so although it won't ever be a fair exchange, I hope they can at least offer future raid players with more playtime awards that are not based on the ridiculous RNG or cash grabs. The fusion sounds good, but then again the Arbiter sounded good as well before we realized that for the time being, they put the character in with no way of getting it aside from void shards. And the fusion was supposed to come out long before now, and is still yet to come. I'm sure the money is flowing in for the company and they know that adding a legendary that's actually possible to get would lower shard sales. Hope you guys get a good update, but honestly, think about whether you actually want to put yourself through the stress. Is the game worth it for the graphics and the strategy? For me, everything was overshadowed by a very strong distaste for everything else in the game. All your choice though.
Well put. The wait for the update is another issue. Announced it will be coming out two week ago and here we are still waiting for it. 
Jul 1, 2019, 21:4307/01/19
04/04/19
Why is it that we only get 1 single response from a Plarium representative on this thread? This is a very important issue. 
Jul 1, 2019, 23:0907/01/19
02/03/19
You`ll not get answers on issues they can`t talk away with the common crm-duct. 
Jul 2, 2019, 06:3307/02/19
Jul 2, 2019, 06:34(edited)
03/20/19

As a developer I can't fault them for the delay, it happens. They have been replying to the community least on discord. They do need to do a slightly better job at it on the forums as not everyone goes on discord though.

Anywho, today's complaints:

I think the first pack is 'ok'. But these are both offered at the same time. Why? I don't get the logic on doing this. I also don't get the logic of calling it a special ancient pack when clearly it is 10x worse. Less shards, tons less gems. 

Converting the gems to shards, its literally 7+11 shards vs 6+3 shards.

The gross thing about this is that the garbage pack came out a few hours ahead of the better one. If you wanted to lose customers, this is how you'd do it. There is clearly some shitty algorithm on your end that creates garbage like this

Jul 2, 2019, 06:4007/02/19
03/22/19
I'm becoming more and more convinced that the updates haven't been delayed by Apple at all. After all, they've only just decided to update the servers which wasn't an update for the users. If the update to the servers was for 1.8, why have they waited till now to do it since the update for the game is still not released nearly 24 hours later? And if the update to the servers wasn't for 1.8, what the hell have they been doing all this time otherwise? Other than releasing loot boxes that are both overly priced and completely indiscriminate about the cost?
Jul 2, 2019, 06:5207/02/19
03/20/19

GoodGuyGlen said:

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the updates haven't been delayed by Apple at all. After all, they've only just decided to update the servers which wasn't an update for the users. If the update to the servers was for 1.8, why have they waited till now to do it since the update for the game is still not released nearly 24 hours later? And if the update to the servers wasn't for 1.8, what the hell have they been doing all this time otherwise? Other than releasing loot boxes that are both overly priced and completely indiscriminate about the cost?

Honestly I don't fault them for updates, even if it was not a delay caused by Apple as they claim (and apple can do this, as a developer I know it can be a nightmare sometimes.) I fault them for the communication with the community with everything though. I know they have posted a little on discord, but not everyone uses discord. They should keep people in the loop on the main website or at least the forums. 

I don't think that releasing crummy loot crates would of changed after releasing v1.8, if anything it would of gotten worse as many will come back, including bored whales. A lot of people are waiting for 1.8 and many have stopped playing because of this, delaying 'on purpose' would only hurt them in the long run. 

Jul 4, 2019, 02:5207/04/19
04/04/19
any further comments from representatives or yall just gonna stay silent? 
Jul 6, 2019, 20:3607/06/19
04/04/19
Esdeath said:

any further comments from representatives or yall just gonna stay silent? 

Jul 13, 2019, 14:5807/13/19
Jul 13, 2019, 15:00(edited)
05/09/19

I was ready to purchase Special Skill Pack that includes Legendary Skill Tome  x1, then I did a little Google search and I found this useful info. 

Thanks a lot for posting this, if I purchased that offer then I am a stupid. This is a definitely bad business practice, different items for the same price?

Customers are not stupid(though I'm stupid enough to spend more than $500 already, worth a good PS4 pro comes with Read Dead Redemption 2).

I like Raid Shadow Legend, but I feel offended by its business practice. Not cool at all.
Jul 13, 2019, 16:0407/13/19
Jul 13, 2019, 16:05(edited)
02/12/19

Cirilla said:

Hello! Thank you for sharing your observations and concerns here. As you have correctly noticed, the items in both packages differ, there are more resources of one kind and fewer of another. Some Tomes would be more useful for one group of players, and some for others (depending on their level in the game and on the champions that they would like to develop). What I would like to point out is that Kiwi was right. We have been collecting the data about all kinds of purchases in the game, analyzing our players' needs and desires and planning contents of packages based on that. Now, we are still in the testing phase. The example of the work that is being conducted in this area are these double offers that appeared in the game some time ago. And there will be more. Just wait for it.

That is not true. When i was spending money packs became less and less worth the money. They were bigger but overall worse offers. I stopped spending snd dtarted getting better vslue packs. I agree packs became smaller but better worth the money. Ussually in normal world when you buy more price goes down, here you are punnished when spending money.

And important all of that happend while being level 60 so your theory is falling in water. 
Feb 6, 2020, 09:4102/06/20
01/27/20

Dismember said:

Cirilla said:

Hello! Thank you for sharing your observations and concerns here. As you have correctly noticed, the items in both packages differ, there are more resources of one kind and fewer of another. Some Tomes would be more useful for one group of players, and some for others (depending on their level in the game and on the champions that they would like to develop). What I would like to point out is that Kiwi was right. We have been collecting the data about all kinds of purchases in the game, analyzing our players' needs and desires and planning contents of packages based on that. Now, we are still in the testing phase. The example of the work that is being conducted in this area are these double offers that appeared in the game some time ago. And there will be more. Just wait for it.

That is not true. When i was spending money packs became less and less worth the money. They were bigger but overall worse offers. I stopped spending snd dtarted getting better vslue packs. I agree packs became smaller but better worth the money. Ussually in normal world when you buy more price goes down, here you are punnished when spending money.

And important all of that happend while being level 60 so your theory is falling in water. 

I just tried to figure out why Europe seems to have a "25-50% upcharge" on top of the Prices ((for example packages that are seen by a friend of mine for 19$ are shown to me for 25€ which equals around 28$ ….)) and the strange Feeling that since I bought my first pack all follow-up packs feel "worse".

Especially the last Point was proven today, as I after all and against better judgment bought a pack yesterday as a "hot deal" pack to see the same again today -- just with a few less items in it and 5€ higher Price.

What the F*** ? 

I'm sorry. I Always thought the Goal of a Company should be to "bind" their customers by offering them something which is interesting Long term and incentivicing Players to spend more over time --- which normally works in the way of having Special packs for regular buyers and "extra Special" ones for the whales ---- but Special here NORMALLY means it's a greater value as they already spent Money to support the game and so the follow-up-purchases get even better deals to incentivice them in keeping spending Money. 

Here it Looks like it's the other way around…. "hey, he spend Money, lets quickly offer him some stuff for even more Money and see if we can gut him even better -- let's see how high he'll get before we break him". Sorry, but this isn't only morally wrong but wrong in so many ways. In General all Players should get the same packages for the same Price Points (as an example 1 ancient shard should be worth the same for every Player before Discounts / pack-deals) and every player-Group depending on spending habbits should have similar offers (f2p Players, "bronze spender Player", "bronze II ….. " all the way up to the favorite "whale superior" should all have the same offers if they are in the same category --- meaning if someone spends 10€ a month on the game he should have the same offers as all others who spend between 9 and 15€ a month and those shouldn't be better than the offers for those spending 100€ a month as they should get the best deals).

Also global deals should be the same for everyone independant of account-status, payment habbits, char/account-lvl and so on (like the double-ancient packs and so on - those should have the same Price Point).

ALso -- packs which cost 19$ should not exceed this in € Prices (as Transaction fees and everything else can easily be covered by the value difference € to $ without slapping additional 25-50% on top).

In general this is absolutely ridiculous and I'm not surprised anymore reading that Players tend to stop buying anything until they start to see decent offers again (which is - in all honesty - braindead from plarium side … they could generate a way more consistent inflow with what I mentioned above and also a way happier customer base which doesn't feel cheated at every turn). And this is besides the fact that this Topic only got one single Reply and that's it. Forum/Community-Management isn't something plarium seems to be interested in a lot either *sigh*

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.