Все Категории

Arena - Best Way to Counter Enemy First Strike in Gold (Speed Auras)?

Поиск
12 июль 2019, 08:4112.07.19

Ok, so regretfully, I don't have anyone yet for arena with a speed aura.  As such, I have a huge disadvantage against those with someone like Gorgorab who lets the enemy team have the first strike.

I am wondering, does the team with the speed aura (and overall first strike) always have a huge advantage when it comes to arena, or is there some way to counter it?

I was thinking that maybe with a defense aura and some added defense to my champions, they might be able to survive it.  However, I feel like that would still put me at a huge disadvantage, since as far as damage, they will be ahead of me every turn.

I have also considered tossing frost sets on all my champions, so that there's a chance to freeze up the enemy team.  However, that will cause me to take a hit to my overall damage, so I'm not sure.

Just wondering at the high-tier gold, are there some teams without a speed aura on that level and if so, what the heck do they do to survive that first wave of attacks???
Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
12 июль 2019, 12:1412.07.19
Yeah i got same problem with you. Now i still don't have times to maximize my characters with 6* artifact due to the training event. But i've some idea for those who are not lucky with legendary champion. You need a characters who can cast defense boost or debuff resistance on entire party. Equip her / him with speed set & boots with speed+ as primary status. The purpose is to make her / him to take earlier turn and build defense to your party. Completely survives for 1 round then counter attack. 
OpheliaA1Moderator
12 июль 2019, 14:1212.07.19

hey op, as dry as it sounds, whoever goes first gets to decide the tide of the battle... or do they?

i will answer your question in 2 ways:

1) the speed burst team is farmable, yes you can make one. anyone can.

Diabolist (farmable in chapter 12) why?: a3 increase turn metre
Spirithost (farmable in chapter 4) why? speed aura + atk buff 
Warmaiden (farmable in chapter 9) why? aoe defence down
starter champion for aoe hit (this should one-shot the enemy team or atleast get them all very very low) (anotheroption is berserker chapter 9)

the speed of each of these champions must be in the presented order, to make the comp work. 

2) in this answer I assume the first doesnt exist, or atleast present an alt version of the discourse.

its to create a tank/sustain team. what to look out for?

[def] defence scaling from abilities and very high base defence stats.
abilities like: ally/seld counter, revive, unkillable/blockdmg/revive on death, 
healing, conintuous healing
sets: retaliation, defence, life, counter attack on crit
counter attack mastery (x2)
pay attention to the affinity, always pick the counter affinity, or atleast dont pick the opposite otherwise attackers will still burst, making attackers weak hit a tank is huge

second answer is very incoherent i know, but the premise of this is to live throught the burst, and dot the enemy team, 

i hope this is useful in some way, lemmi know if u have anymore questions

12 июль 2019, 15:3912.07.19

High Khatun with her own speed aura has a speed of 123 which beats a Gorgorab under his own aura at speed 119. This is before gear and High Khatun will benefit more from gear with her higher base speed.

However this won't be fast enough if the opponent also has Seeker or Apo for the turn meter (speed 126 or 130) or a better speed lead like Prince Kymar (Gorgorab speed 126) or both (Seeker + Kymar = speed 134, Apo + Lord Shazar = speed 140).

Looks like the best you can do with farmable champs is Diabolist + High Khatun for a base speed of 131 which surprisingly beats any combination of Apo, Gorgorab and Seeker.

Leaves you with two champs to do something Gold-relevant before the other gal/guy get's a turn..

12 июль 2019, 18:4812.07.19

Thanks for the info guys.  As far as the suggestions, I know I need someone with a speed aura. 

With that said, my options currently are:

High Khatun (best speed aura I have at 19%)

Heiress (probably won't use her, since I have no other use for her anywhere else and it is only 16% speed)

Spirithost (10% speed aura?  Nope, too weak)

On a good note, since Khatun gives me MUCH better damage on cb than Apo, I have to max her out anyway.  On the downside though, I will be gearing her for cb, which will not be ideal for arena.  She will at least give the other 3 an edge though.

I do have Tomb Lord as someone mentioned.  However, even with a defense boost aura, if the opposing team makes the first strike, it puts them at an advantage over me.  Plus, Tomb Lord tends to be a waste of space if anyone can counter his debuffs.

Eventually, I will get Arbiter from the missions.  With her 30% speed aura, she will by far be my best option.  However, it is still going to be at least weeks, if not months before I can get her.

Sucks too, as I have some great champions for arena:
Inithwe
Bystophus
Deathless (my fave currently)
Nethril
Hordin
Tomb Lord (very conditional, depending on opposing group)

But yea, so many champions, yet because of a lack of speed aura, I can only pick 3 of them. :P

Thanks for the feedback though guys.  Seems like there is no getting around the fact that speed aura is king in arena.  I was afraid of that.

15 июль 2019, 00:5015.07.19
15 июль 2019, 00:59(отредактировано)

A Speed Aura isn’t King.

What matters in Arena is a team’s strategy.

The Aura you use is based on the strategy + team composition.

Speed Aura’s are favored in Arena because of 2 reasons.

1) The starters are Attacking Heroes.

2) People like to climb ladder fast.

People like to auto thru Arena as if they are farming Campaign.

The heroes you have are Attack type heroes.

You want a Speed Aura because the heroes you have can’t take hits very well.

Attack type heroes have poor defense + poor hp.

Attack type heroes have a lot of attack so making them hit first is what you want to prioritize.

If you kill your opponent hero, They can’t kill you.

The strategy you should do based on the hero you have is the following:

Leader: Speed Aura 

1st move: Turn Meter Filler 

2nd move: Increase Atk 

3rd move: Decrease Enemy Def 

4th move: Massive AOE Damage Dealer

• High Khatun can be your Speed Aura + Turn Meter.

You need to build her with pure Speed Gears.

• SpiritHost can be used to increase your attack 50%

You can use her to give you a buff.

• Tomb Lord would be perfect for decrease defense, but you don’t want to use Tomes on him.

You will need to use a different hero who has 100% chance to apply defense down.

Few options include:

• Bellower
  • WarMaiden
  • Spider

You need someone who you are willing to invest in that has defense down.

It can be anyone just make there Chance % reach 100.

WarMaiden is the free to play option if you have no one.

You can farm duplicates of her and use them as skill books to max out hero def Down.

• AOE Damage Dealer - You have plenty of them pick one you like for Arena.