All Categories

The Legend of the Battle for the Light

The Legend of the Battle for the Light

Above Midgard, but below Asgard, lies Alfheim, a world inhabited by beautiful, powerful, and unpredictable beings – the Alfr. The sun in this world is called Alfrodull, which means "radiance of the elves."

The Alfr learned to capture the radiance of their sun in transparent jars. These vessels containing the Light of Alfheim had extraordinary properties: they inspired the Aesir like nothing else in all nine Norse worlds. Hearing about this wondrous source of power, the gods tried to obtain the secret of creating the Light. But the Alfr carefully guarded their knowledge, for one can never know what the gods have in mind.

The Aesir promised immense riches in exchange for the secret of creating the Light. They devised the most cunning plans of deception and even threatened to go to war against Alfheim. But the Alfr merely shrugged at all these attempts and simply disappeared right in front of the gods, whose insatiability could extinguish the very sun of Alfheim itself. And so, when war seemed inevitable, a solution was found in the world of humans.

The gods proposed an unusual form of entertainment to the Alfr: a competition between Jarls on the fields of Alfheim with the Light as the prize. The Alfr couldn't resist this offer, for they had always had a weakness for humans and loved to observe them. Thus, they invited the most outstanding Jarls to their world to enjoy the Jarls' display of battle prowess.

You're probably wondering what the gods got out of all this. The cunning Aesir knew that after the battle, the Vikings would thank their patron gods and lay their battle trophies and the Light they'd earned at the statues of these patron gods. Therefore, by the will of the Aesir, an Altar of Light was built in every town in Midgard.

Thus, the Aesir received inspiration, the Alfr – regular entertainment, and the Jarls – a way to receive the gods' blessings. And so the Battle for the Light came to be. 

Views
Comments
Aug 21, 2024, 06:1408/21/24
Sep 1, 2024, 11:2609/01/24
12/03/20

This is a meat grinder of an event. you will need to waste few billion T8s and many more t7s in just 30 minutes to even make a scratch at the surface.

The worst of it, you cant even participate in this event without alfr crystals. these either you win someone in some events, 1 here or there. 1 alfr crystal gives access to just one 30 minute window. So, if no crystal , you cant participate in it. If you cant participate in it you cant win rewards tied to this event which are necessary for upgrading new knowledge. So, what can you so, offcourse, buy alfr crystals to to participate in this event. As such, this event has become a sort of paid to play event. If you dont agree with this, well, keep on paying your hard earned money on this completely nonsensical game. And at the least try to enjoy your time.

I practically dont play anymore. just one cvc here or there, when my opponents are even worst then me

I have posted a video on this, stating similar things. 

https://youtu.be/RWOKLoHNFsE