All Categories

Levy on place of power

Levy on place of power

Search
Aug 1, 2020, 02:5308/01/20
12/12/19

Levy on place of power

What is a "levy on the place of power" and why am I having to give up all my silver for payment??
Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 1, 2020, 08:1308/01/20
Aug 1, 2020, 08:37(edited)
04/06/18

When a Konung holds the Place of Power, once a day he or she receives a levy paid by all clan Chiefs of 10% of their silver.

You have started your own clan so as to enjoy the status of being a Chief and this tax is the price you pay for doing so.

There are a number of things you can do to manage your tax affairs.  A common tax avoidance scheme is to create an alt to be the Clan Chief which stays small or otherwise limits its level of silver.  Or you can convoy silver to another clan member or to your Stronghold once you have one before the levy falls due.  The levy is paid at the end of the time during which the PoP has "Guarded" status and you can see when that time is due to expire by clicking on it.

Or, the best solution, you can be content to be a member of a worthwhile clan, only Chief's pay the levy.

Or you can take and hold the PoP and receive the levy rather than paying it.  Do not expect to be able to do this any time soon.
Aug 6, 2020, 06:0908/06/20
05/08/17
John said:

When a Konung holds the Place of Power, once a day he or she receives a levy paid by all clan Chiefs of 10% of their silver.

You have started your own clan so as to enjoy the status of being a Chief and this tax is the price you pay for doing so.

There are a number of things you can do to manage your tax affairs.  A common tax avoidance scheme is to create an alt to be the Clan Chief which stays small or otherwise limits its level of silver.  Or you can convoy silver to another clan member or to your Stronghold once you have one before the levy falls due.  The levy is paid at the end of the time during which the PoP has "Guarded" status and you can see when that time is due to expire by clicking on it.

Or, the best solution, you can be content to be a member of a worthwhile clan, only Chief's pay the levy.

Or you can take and hold the PoP and receive the levy rather than paying it.  Do not expect to be able to do this any time soon.
Yep I have 3 alts and always transfer power to them to avoid paying the levy apart from a few times when I forgot to transfer power to an alt and had to pay a monster levy in the billions but luckly I am friends with the kingdom konung so she just sent the silver to a dead town in her clan and I collected, she is such a nice lady.
Sep 16, 2020, 00:2809/16/20
05/05/20
Does it matter the amount of Silver you have? Is there a minimum amount you can have that doesn't get taxed?
Sep 16, 2020, 00:3309/16/20
12/06/19
No, its 10% period.
Sep 5, 2021, 12:3209/05/21
11/30/20

and if you have the silver unpacked as a chief you still pay the konung?