All Categories

Can you remove an inactive clan chief?

Search
Apr 4, 2019, 08:4804/04/19
03/18/15

Our clan has about 40 active members.  Unfortunately our chief has gone missing and we have no means to contact them.  Is there a way we can appoint a new chief?  Surely after “x” weeks, the next elder logging in should assume the clan leadership or something similar...

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 4, 2019, 18:1404/04/19
06/11/18

Based upon your request,

(1) Unfortunately, there is "NOT" a lot you can do.

(2) The clan chief is the "ONLY" person that can nominate another player to take over, so you would need some way of contacting the old chief, and this person being amenable to make the change.  

(3) Other matters would depend on your clans development.  

(4) You would have to consider any stronghold commitments and if you have elders they can accomplish most things that the chief can. 

(5) If you are a very active clan, and do well in the events, or actually win them, then its a bit "pointless" continuing the same clan as you would not get the rewards. 

(6) You may need to start a "new clan" making provisions that history cannot repeat itself. 

(7) If you do have a workable stronghold, for example a level three, rather than abandoning it, you will have to maintain access to it in order to get its benefits. 

(8) If the clan chief has quit for good and has not left an "infinite shield" nor "demolished" the buildings, you can farm the town.

Thank you in advance for the detailed information.

Best regards.

Lisa Brickfields

Apr 4, 2019, 18:1504/04/19
11/30/17

Its a much asked question.The simple answer is no,there isnt.Your options depend on how much progress the can has made in the game.

You can start a new clan and then attack the old chief, its more complicated if you have a stronghold,and when you win a CvC or take a top spot in other competitions as you will get no rewards as the chief has to score points.
Apr 5, 2019, 20:2904/05/19
Apr 5, 2019, 20:31(edited)
05/08/17
ANYONE said:

Its a much asked question.The simple answer is no,there isnt.Your options depend on how much progress the can has made in the game.

You can start a new clan and then attack the old chief, its more complicated if you have a stronghold,and when you win a CvC or take a top spot in other competitions as you will get no rewards as the chief has to score points.
There is a workable way around clan rewards for the chief in the clans battle, If the clan chief does not score any points the chief does not receive the rss rewards for the cvc victory however when you convert rss in the sh the points go to the clan chief for the conversions so there is still a way for the chief to score points even when no longer active, if the chief has no shield somebody will have to leave the clan to attack the chief in order to obtain the rss if you win the cvc, if the chief has a very long shield e.g. one year plus you will have to be ready to get the rss when the shield eventually drops, The same thing happened to my clan I was co-chief but did not have power and the chief with the power quit the game and had no way to contact her, Her shield had 6 months left on it but we were very lucky she logged on one final time to transfer power to me and quit for good, 6 months later her shield dropped and we got all the rss from the cvc wins minus a considerable amount of silver due to the 10% daily levy payment. As I said we were extremely lucky she decided to log on again to transfer the power to me other clans in this situation may not be as lucky. If you do not want to give up on your sh and you still have at least one active Elder they can do most things that the chief can do so you can still continue with sh development accepting and sending new invites and  expelling inactive player's unless they are Elders unfortunately only the chief can expel an Elder. Elders can also change the clan description and message all clansman as I said they can do all the important things that the Chief can do in order to continue the growth of the clan.
Apr 6, 2019, 01:4304/06/19
04/06/19
Just goes to show the sh belongs to the chief alone. Any rss you send there any gold you use to boost transformations belongs to the clan chief. If that clan chief leaves then it goes to a different person or a dead town. I have been bitten by this so I will no longer put stuff into an sh.
Apr 6, 2019, 20:1304/06/19
05/08/17
Another solution to avoid this happening to a clan would be for at least one Elder to have an email address for the chief, I am clan chief and have giving my email to 3 of my Elders, So if a chief quits the game at least they could be contacted about logging on one final time to transfer power to the most senior elder.
Apr 7, 2019, 22:3704/07/19
03/18/15
Damn...i was hoping there might be a way I had missed.  Disappointing we don’t have this as an option yet