All Categories

bug in the selection of champions or the display of units selected (emporia)

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Aug 25, 2020, 23:1608/25/20
09/25/16

Hello,

I think I've identified a bug that has been going on for ages but that I couldn't clearly define before.

When selecting troops among which are champions, before I send them, my champions are suddenly deselected, without any signal, so I often happen to send the troops I just selected but without noticing that my champions aren't going along with them. I'm almost sure this happens at the moment troops reach my city (or perhaps just a guardian coming back from a warlord is enough, I'm not sure).

Please do something about it, it is a very persistent issue, and very problematic.

Also, even worse, it has become a nightmare to send troops to an emporium : within seconds after picking troops, be they offensive or defensive, before I can send them, when I'm on this page : http://prntscr.com/u5v41t , it suddenly doesn't take into account all of my selected troops anymore and shows me this : http://prntscr.com/u5v6pu , or, most of the time, displays that I have selected no units at all.

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 26, 2020, 11:0808/26/20
05/15/15

I'm having the same problems. When troops come back while you are selecting troops some of them gets deselected.

I often see this when guardians return home from battle or when doing multiple persian positions at the same time.

Sending troops to an emporium is not possible when guardians arrive back home every few seconds. I alwas get a message that i should select off and def troops even if i did so.

There is another bug with selecting troops. When doing persian positions i often select troops with the sliders or by entering a number in the input box. When i've done this too often, the sliders are not working anymore and the total off/def is just shown as 0. I have to reload the game then.

And another bug: When selecting troops from your town and champions from the acropolis (or vica versa, i'm not 100% sure) you get a warning that the campion needs supporting units.

I'm playing in Chrome, not the App.

NancyAdmin
Aug 28, 2020, 15:2908/28/20
07/09/19

lefeubleu said:

Also, even worse, it has become a nightmare to send troops to an emporium : within seconds after picking troops, be they offensive or defensive, before I can send them, when I'm on this page : http://prntscr.com/u5v41t , it suddenly doesn't take into account all of my selected troops anymore and shows me this : http://prntscr.com/u5v6pu , or, most of the time, displays that I have selected no units at all.

I reported this issue to the dev team a couple of days ago. I managed to reproduce it when a solo skirmish was active. I hope that our devs will be able to reproduce it, too and fix :)

When selecting troops among which are champions, before I send them, my champions are suddenly deselected, without any signal, so I often happen to send the troops I just selected but without noticing that my champions aren't going along with them. I'm almost sure this happens at the moment troops reach my city (or perhaps just a guardian coming back from a warlord is enough, I'm not sure).

Please elaborate on this. When does it happen? When selecting troops for a raid/besiege/Emporia attack, etc.? A video that illustrates this issue would be much appreciated. 

NancyAdmin
Aug 28, 2020, 15:4908/28/20
07/09/19

Igu said:

There is another bug with selecting troops. When doing persian positions i often select troops with the sliders or by entering a number in the input box. When i've done this too often, the sliders are not working anymore and the total off/def is just shown as 0. I have to reload the game then.

Most likely when you do it too often and too fast the game isn't capable to instantly process these multiple similar requests. If possible, please record a video of this situation so that I can double-check it. 

And another bug: When selecting troops from your town and champions from the acropolis (or vica versa, i'm not 100% sure) you get a warning that the campion needs supporting units.

Could you please send me a screenshot of the whole screen with this warning? I tried both options but didn't receive any notification you are talking about. 

Aug 29, 2020, 10:3708/29/20
11/05/15
the deselection happens when you have auto guardians running, both with normal units and champs 
Aug 29, 2020, 18:5608/29/20
05/15/15

Nancy said:

Igu said:

Most likely when you do it too often and too fast the game isn't capable to instantly process these multiple similar requests. If possible, please record a video of this situation so that I can double-check it. 

Here is a screenshot of the first bug.This happened while doing persian positions.

Selecting some troops a few times per minute shouldn't be a problem as this is done on the client side without server communication. 

The left image is when using the slider to select troops, the number and total offense is not updated.

The right image is when the number of troops is entered by keyboard, the total offense is not updated either.

It seems that something is broken then, whenever i select troops and champions i get a warning:

I have to reload the game then, this is not a problem, but just annoying when i have to reload the game a few times while doing persian positions.

NancyAdmin
Aug 31, 2020, 13:2208/31/20
07/09/19
Igu said:

Nancy said:

Igu said:

Here is a screenshot of the first bug.This happened while doing persian positions.

Selecting some troops a few times per minute shouldn't be a problem as this is done on the client side without server communication. 

The left image is when using the slider to select troops, the number and total offense is not updated.

The right image is when the number of troops is entered by keyboard, the total offense is not updated either.

It seems that something is broken then, whenever i select troops and champions i get a warning:

I have to reload the game then, this is not a problem, but just annoying when i have to reload the game a few times while doing persian positions.

Igu, thanks for the screenshots provided. I'm afraid we need at least a video that illustrates this issue because we failed to reproduce it. Most likely there are some factors that lead to such behaviour and without knowing all of them it could be hard to identify the issue. 
Sep 1, 2020, 12:2909/01/20
Sep 1, 2020, 12:29(edited)
12/02/16

Nancy, there are different problems in this forum topic, the 2 that i also experience are easy to reproduce, and the devs should not have any problems reproducing them.

1. Prepare to raid emporia, or send reinforcement. Select part of the troops, not all of them.

2. Wait 2 minutes before completing the selection.

3. Before completing the selection, arrange that some positions will be hit, or the troops from some positions will return.

4. Complete the selection and send the troops.

Sometimes the old part of the selections will be cleared, or there will be message as if the old part of the selection does not exists although it is still selected.

There are 2 reasons for selection clearings: Returning troops and a timer that refresh statistics or troops count each minute, and while refreshing with new data it also de-select part of the selected troops.
Sep 3, 2020, 03:2309/03/20
07/29/15

It happens every time troops return to your city - from any source.

This problem has been complained about many many times in the past - but now with the guardian auto fight items it has become a much bigger problem. 

This happens when selecting troops for elysium positions, emporia attacks, or sending reinforcements to any place.

It is a feature known enough that players often attempt to spam single jav attacks on targets to prevent them from moving troops.

and more to the point - if you are about to send troops to a target, it often clears some of  your troops but not all - and you send a handful of troops with a guardian (locking the guardian for many days) when they arrive at the location unsupported. 

I have trouble believing that anyone could have issues reproducing this effect. 

NancyAdmin
Sep 7, 2020, 13:1109/07/20
07/09/19

The issue with sending troops to an Emporia will be fixed in one of the upcoming releases. Follow updates in the game!