All Categories

VERY SLOW game

VERY SLOW game

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Feb 14, 2017, 18:2602/14/17
02/12/17

VERY SLOW game

I have a fast computer with GTX 950M, 13+ download and 1+ upload.  Can run WOT, AW and other games without missing a beat but this game is painfully slow.  Taking 15+ sec with every click to get reaction.  Seems this would be your very first priority.  It is so bad that I am thinking about leaving until you fix the problem.
Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 14, 2017, 23:3602/14/17
03/25/15
jbrown1000 said:

I have a fast computer with GTX 950M, 13+ download and 1+ upload.  Can run WOT, AW and other games without missing a beat but this game is painfully slow.  Taking 15+ sec with every click to get reaction.  Seems this would be your very first priority.  It is so bad that I am thinking about leaving until you fix the problem.
Sir...I am experiencing no issues..so I really do not understand why you are...Maybe it would be best if you contacted Support and ask them to look into this issue for you..Maybe Support can/will find a solution to your problem
Feb 15, 2017, 07:1502/15/17
Feb 15, 2017, 08:04(edited)
1 minute

jbrown1000 said:

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hi could you give full specs and os your using and if you live in the usa ? i see its laptop have you tried turning off the battery boost?  use different drivers? and are you using wi-fi?

There are a number of things that can cause lag in games few things to check is cpu usage and ram .this game uses flash player make sure its up to date.you can also increase your page fault catch (in performance)and if you live in the states you can opt out of the ads .

And i see you mentioned your internet speed while that is  really slow  you should be fine these games don't send much info back and forth  you may want to decrease your rwin value and change your mtu to 1472 this stops packet loss and reduces lag .

You can also run a trace route you may have a bad hop with hi  lat.

or worse you might have spyware and need to remove the spyware  it will slow down everything

I have noticed chat lag lately myself its very likely the server or service they are using has decreased its allowed bandwidth. one clue of this is general chat scroll bar was removed only holds a few lines of chat like 10 instead of 20-50 .
Feb 17, 2017, 17:2202/17/17
Feb 17, 2017, 20:37(edited)
02/12/17

dragonslayer2usa said:

jbrown1000 said:

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tks for the feedback -

Hi could you give full specs and os your using and if you live in the usa ? i see its laptop have you tried turning off the battery boost?  use different drivers? and are you using wi-fi?

Running Win10, I7-5500U 2.4GHs with turbo boost up to 3.0.  GTX 950M with 4 GB dedicated.  8 GB DDR3.  128GB SSD + 1 TB HDD  Have tried both wireless and ethernet cable to modem.

There are a number of things that can cause lag in games few things to check is cpu usage and ram .this game uses flash player make sure its up to date.you can also increase your page fault catch (in performance)and if you live in the states you can opt out of the ads .

RE-downloaded Adobe flash - CPU usage no problem

And i see you mentioned your internet speed while that is really slow  you should be fine these games don't send much info back and forth  you may want to decrease your rwin value and change your mtu to 1472 this stops packet loss and reduces lag .

13+mbps is slow?  What world do you live in?  :)  I run bandwidth hogs like WOT, AW and others on max display without a hitch.

You can also run a trace route you may have a bad hop with hi  lat.

Don't see any problem there.

or worse you might have spyware and need to remove the spyware  it will slow down everything

Spent time with BitDefender and could find no problem - turned it off but same.  Have run Ccleaner as well - don't use Malwarebytes.

I have noticed chat lag lately myself its very likely the server or service they are using has decreased its allowed bandwidth. one clue of this is general chat scroll bar was removed only holds a few lines of chat like 10 instead of 20-50 .

Ran with both FireFox and IE but same problem.  Yesterday it was much better - today not so much.  I normally run games and other stuff at the same time without a hitch - have tried just running Soldiers by itself but doesn't seem to help.  Have ran out of things to check at this point.

Feb 18, 2017, 13:4502/18/17
Feb 18, 2017, 14:18(edited)
1 minute

Did you try increasing the page fault  ,

DR tcp is one of the many programs that will tune in the speed .

yea  13 mb here is super slow sorry that here would be dsl .

this is my current which is second from the top speed they offer and this is super slow compaired to the top which 10x faster than mine.

General chat scroll lines came back i notice and my chat lag vanished .

What is your avg cpu usage while  playing this game ? most online games use alot of cpu power.

does this one? are yours above 75 %?

The processor might be the issue here its a duel core  a quad core  would help tons is it up-gradable?

Games still seem to run slower with duel .

graphics card  driver update sometimes helps also you may want to play with the settings

have tried any other browsers? or  with the plug ins disabled?

Is ram usage high ? does clearing the ram help?

can ram be added?

And last was you able to opt out on the ads?

Feb 18, 2017, 23:2402/18/17
02/12/17

Dragon, congrads on being able to pay for internet service which, by your own screen shot, only 3% of the people in the US can afford.  But I run WOT, AW and a couple of other resource hogs without a hitch and with my email and sometimes a couple of other programs running at the same time.

My CPU usage with only Soldiers running is from 4 to 8% - virtually all of it by Adobe Flash.  All other system operations are very low as well.  This is well below what is required when running WOT or AW or some of the other games out there.

I have ran Ccleaner several times - just now before starting any programs.  I don't use Malware bytes.  I do use BitDefender and spent time with them yesterday going  through the whole program up to and including turning it off - no change in Soldiers.

Since others are not having as much of a problem as I am, I assume it is something in my computer but I have ran out of issues to check.  Yesterday Soldiers ran fairly well most of the day - again, today, slow but not as bad as it had been, only about a 5 sec delay most of the time.

You seem to be indicating that my computer is not able to handle Soldiers - I certainly disagree as by the specs I supplied above, not many people have as fast a machine as it do - most much slower.  Since I don't have a problem with several other resource hog games, I suspect it has something to  do with the programing of  Soldiers - something is in the programing of this program that is not in the others that is causing a conflict.  

Tks for the help - jb
Feb 20, 2017, 16:4702/20/17
Feb 21, 2017, 11:27(edited)
02/12/17

Tks, Dragon - Last night and again this morning Soldiers did a maintenance re-boot and my program is running great.  Now to see if it last.

Edit - It had been suggested that I send in a ticket - did so about a week ago, no reply.

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Feb 21, 2017, 11:2802/21/17
09/17/15
jbrown1000 said:

Tks, Dragon - Last night and again this morning Soldiers did a maintenance re-boot and my program is running great.  Now to see if it last.

Edit - It had been suggested that I send in a ticket - did so about a week ago, no reply.

Have you checked Spam folder? Are you sure you entered a correct email?