All Categories

Hydra Update FAQ

Hydra Update FAQ

Hello, Raiders!

We know many of you have asked for clarification about the balance changes coming to the Hydra, Shield buffs, and Trunda Giltmallet. In response, our Community Managers have gathered up some of the most frequently asked questions and passed them to our development team, so you can get answers directly from them. We’ve compiled all their answers in a comprehensive Hydra Balance Update FAQ! Check it out! 

• Hydra just seems to become a harder boss for everyone, especially due to the modified Devouring mechanic, 100% DMG decrease for the [Serpent's Will], and limited HP bar for Hydra heads. Why did you decide to increase the level of difficulty? - These changes are intended, first and foremost, to cap the performance of teams that endure very long battles by abusing specific Hydra vulnerabilities, especially by decapitating new heads as soon as they grow back. Also, we intended the battles to finish with all the Champions either dead or devoured instead of reaching the turn limit. Thus, avoiding Champion devouring becomes increasingly more difficult. By the way, the limited HP bar for an exposed neck creates a good opportunity for Champions whose DMG scales up based on the enemy's Max HP.
  • My modest Hydra teams might be severely affected. Will I be able to achieve even minimal Hydra rewards? - The changes are specifically designed to cap immense amounts of damage certain teams dealt by far surpassing 100 turns, roughly speaking. It is the competitive aspect of Hydra Clash that we aspire to make fairer with these rebalances. If your team manages to deal enough damage for a certain Chest, we expect it to continue doing so with minimal adjustments.
  • Why not just nerfing one single specific Champion instead? -  We consider the issue of overpowered Hydra teams a complex one. By changing the boss's mechanics, we want to prevent new overpowered teams from appearing in the future. We aim for a better balance in this game mode in the long term.
  • Will Trunda become useless? - We want Trunda to remain a good and useful Champion, but at the same time, we want to bring her damage output against Hydra in line with that of other Champions.
i
  • Why change Shields? - We think that infinite Shields bring imbalance to the battle gameplay to such a degree that some cap is necessary. Still, we decided on a cap that would allow Wixwell to shine when fighting Demon Lord. However, we will be closely monitoring in case the Shield cap or any other change listed here needs any adjustments.
  • Why Change the way Taunt interacts with Mark of the Hydra? - As is briefly mentioned above, we intended Hydra battles to finish with all the Champions either dead or devoured instead of reaching the turn limit. That is why, for considerations of consistency, we are going to change the interaction between Taunt and Mark of the Hydra and also to make sure there are no specific strategies that provide a large advantage over the others or pave the way for abusing Hydra mechanics.
i

• We might need to readjust some gear on our Champions after the rebalance goes live on October 16. Will there be anything to help us with it? - Yes, we decided to reschedule this month's Free gear removal event to October 16-20 so that you will have an easier time tweaking your Hydra teams, if necessary.
  • Will you reset Badge achievements after the rebalance is activated? - No, all your badges and achievements will remain in place.
  • Will there be changes to milestones for Hydra Chests or Hydra Clash Chests? - Most of the changes are designed to make a larger impact on the later stages of a battle, so it is scoring hundreds of millions of damage that is going to become more challenging. We expect that securing Hydra and Hydra Clash chests won't become considerably harder for those who have already been able to earn them. However, we are ready to reconsider Hydra Clash point multipliers if necessary.
  • Will the excessive damage dealt to an exposed neck count toward the total score? - Yes, if you manage to deal more damage to an exposed neck than it has HP in one blow, all the damage will count toward the total score.
  • In light of new changes, some players think Trunda will remain overpowered. Alternatively, others presume she will become nearly useless. What fate awaits Trunda, actually? - We never wanted to make Trunda irrelevant, but instead, we wanted to make her DMG capabilities correspond to those of other Champions across the board. For instance, we expect her A3 to become more relevant against Hydra due to HP burn, not dependent on Stun, and also in PvP due to an increased effectiveness against Stone Skin. If her damage is still far beyond the reach of any other champion, we will take further action to rebalance her.
  • Will the rebalanced [Serpent's will] with 100% DMG reduction make it harder to cease devouring a Champion by a newly grown Head, especially considering that devouring becomes increasingly more difficult to stop over the course of battle? - No. The [Serpent's will] buff lasts only one turn, and swallowing a Champion requires the Head to make a turn, after which it loses the protection of the [Serpent's will].
  • If two new Hydra Heads appear at once, only one receives the [Serpent's will] buff. But what if I manage to kill more Heads at the same time? - If you cut down 3 exposed necks at a time, 2 of the 3 new Heads will have the [Serpent's will] buffs. If you dispose of 4 necks at once, still only 2 of the new Heads will have the [Serpent's will] buffs. If you kill exposed necks one by one, this rule doesn't apply, and they might all end up with the [Serpent's will] buffs. However, we expect that facing all the 4 heads at once with the buffs will be a rare occasion.

The mentioned rebalances will be applied starting from the next Hydra rotation on October 16.

Thank you for taking a look! We hope that the introduced changes will make Hydra a fair mode in the long run. However, we are ready to consider further tweaks if necessary.

Views
Comments
Oct 11, 2024, 15:0910/11/24
Oct 20, 2024, 01:0310/20/24
07/03/20
Hammi D

I wonder how the Fateless people feel about Plarium chasing customers away?

Probably pretty happy 

I'm wondering.....if they're actually in bed with each other?

- Plarium is not owned by Plarium, it is owned by a world wide gambling corporation. As such, they no longer have economic or managerial control over their product. 

- Plarium KNOW that several of their content creators either own or work for HH Gaming/Fateless

- Plarium KNOW that their own content creators are actively building a game to compete with or replace Raid.

- Plarium KNOW that HH himself has breached the TOC for Content Creators recently, when he posted a video showing players how to level up artifacts more cheaply

Depite all this....Plarium has not acted in any way towards their future competitor. I'm left asking myself: Why not? Is Plarium money backing Fateless? I absolutely don't know and I'm not suggesting this is happening, but  I do know that planned obsolescence IS a thing, and I for one will not be surprised if Raid is decommissioned
and Plarium closes soon after Godforge drops.

Oct 20, 2024, 04:5510/20/24
12/21/19

Mcbnthe3rd, I wondered the same thing as I was typing it.

Oct 20, 2024, 07:3310/20/24
08/26/23
Mcbnthe3rd

Having read all the comments to this point, I believe Plarium that you have a MAJOR problem on your hands.

I will speak of what I have more than a passing knowledge of (but less than a qualified lawyer)...Australian Consumer Law.

You have sold shards, books, energy packs etc to achieve champions that achieved certain things in your game, after getting that money, changing it so they don't do those things, lied about it, offered no refunds. 

That is fairly obvious Consumer Fraud here......ok, you're not based in Australia, think you're beyond the Law? The Directors of your Parent Company (who ARE based in Australia) could conceivably be charged, prosecuted and sentenced PERSONALLY. I wonder....are they even aware of what you've done?

I'd suggest some sleepless nights are awaiting for Plarium Execs if this disaster is not reversed, or remedy via refunds.

good to know ... bro

Oct 20, 2024, 08:0510/20/24
01/13/23

I love how Plarium says they are going to monitor player feedback. That is to say that they will read our comments they just won't do a damn thing about it.

Oct 21, 2024, 03:117 days
10/19/21

Dear Plarium - I have been playing for several years now.  I am not a big spender so I know my comments do not mean anything.  This patch is complete garbage. I had gotten a brogni finally and built the infinity team only to bearly clear 200m then you nerf cadaver then nerf brogni.  You should thank people for finding the bug that your QA team should have.  Your money grab is very obvious.  I spent alot of time and resources only to see the folly of it.   Once again you only want to create whales that spend alot of money buying resources.   Your game economy is not geared for the average player but for whales.   

Thanks alot for wasting the past five years.

Oct 23, 2024, 10:075 days
09/08/22

1. Before the patch, I received fragments from the Hydra Tournament rewards, from which I had a chance to get a Mythic Champion.

2. The Mythic Champion gave me a real opportunity to get to the 4th silver league of the group arena and complete the quest to get a good legendary champion

3. The first two points gave me the opportunity to develop in the game. The patch completely closed this opportunity for me. The only option now is to invest real money in the game.

The conclusion is very simple - the game does not let me play. To be very specific - the Plarium company does not let me play the game Raid Shadows of Legend.

Hence another conclusion - go to hell. You have to be a complete idiot to invest even a cent in your game after such patches. And I will definitely not play "such" and waste my time. It turns out that I spent two years developing my account, so that these idiots could roll me back two years with one patch. And then what? Will you kill the unkillable builds?

You definitely shouldn't expect them to cancel the patch. Everyone has already realized that the patch is a failure. Gamers are leaving the game. 

I'm done playing this game.

Oct 25, 2024, 10:483 days
08/26/23
Gortaur

1. Before the patch, I received fragments from the Hydra Tournament rewards, from which I had a chance to get a Mythic Champion.

2. The Mythic Champion gave me a real opportunity to get to the 4th silver league of the group arena and complete the quest to get a good legendary champion

3. The first two points gave me the opportunity to develop in the game. The patch completely closed this opportunity for me. The only option now is to invest real money in the game.

The conclusion is very simple - the game does not let me play. To be very specific - the Plarium company does not let me play the game Raid Shadows of Legend.

Hence another conclusion - go to hell. You have to be a complete idiot to invest even a cent in your game after such patches. And I will definitely not play "such" and waste my time. It turns out that I spent two years developing my account, so that these idiots could roll me back two years with one patch. And then what? Will you kill the unkillable builds?

You definitely shouldn't expect them to cancel the patch. Everyone has already realized that the patch is a failure. Gamers are leaving the game. 

I'm done playing this game.

we should'nt it seems ... no answer, nothing, they don't care about their playerbase they ll f...k us for reel if only they can.