All Categories

Update Preview: Hydra, Trunda, Shields

Update Preview: Hydra, Trunda, Shields

We’ve got a major balance patch in the works folks, and this time it concerns the fearsome Hydra and the mighty Trunda! Watch the Update Preview below to get a first look at these changes and start preparing! 

Disclaimer: There is an error in the voiceover - Trunda's ATK is increased by 10%.

Views
Comments
Oct 9, 2024, 10:2110/09/24
Oct 9, 2024, 12:2010/09/24
09/14/20

And all of this nerfing, toxic discussion, changes, rebalancing, making Taunt totally useless in Hydra...because of a very bad designed Hydra Clash..

Nobody cared about how much damage you did before HC. 

But instead of improving Hydra Clash...you decided to hit your players again with a bat to tha head...

Oct 9, 2024, 12:3610/09/24
Oct 11, 2024, 10:55(edited)
12/24/20

The buff on the Hydra will effect smaler players extremely. 

I for instance hit the 1,2 billion Mark every week but not by much. 

Now the reduced Turncount will reduce my Points by a third at least. Than the other mecanics with the devouring will cripple my Team hard. 

I will still be able to hit the last chest to get the normal gear but for the personal rewards chests I don't see a chance to get them every week. 

I never had one of the crasey Teams. But still I will be extremely affected by the Hydra Buff.

Oct 9, 2024, 14:1910/09/24
12/01/22

Redoing Hydra absolutely sucks! I just have gotten to being able to run normal difficulty without dieing a minute in. And you completely ignore players and make it more difficult. This is bs.

Oct 9, 2024, 15:1210/09/24
01/16/22

The decision to remove how Taunt works in Hydra is single-handedly the reason I am quitting this game. In the last two weeks, I've made a big push towards growing my Hydra scores, and I have heavily invested resources into 4 different Taunt champions and taken them to 6-star. And now they are worthless. Swing and a miss. You guys screwed us on this one.

Oct 9, 2024, 21:5710/09/24
01/27/21

How did you not fix Trunda's cooldowns when you were nerfing her?  You want to nerf her?  Ok, whatever, not a fan but it is what it is.  But her cooldowns have always been ludicrous.  Give her 3 turn cooldowns on A2 and A3 instead of 4 turn and 5 turn to make up to your massive, massive, massive nerf.  You are also making it harder and harder for her to be used in arena by adding debuffs that will cause her not to hit 2x on the a3.

Oct 9, 2024, 22:1010/09/24
01/27/21

These hydra changes are terrible.  You made the boss harder in half a dozen different ways and offered ZERO compensation to make some of the bs mechanics less rng-bad game design.

• If you want to make the champs spawn and have a turn where they don't take damage, fine.  Stupid but fine.  They should not be able to get buffs during that time though.  
  • If you want to reduce the turn count from 1500 to 1000, fine.  Nobody has a problem with that.  Of course, we are all assuming you do the only rational thing and reduce the requirements for every single reward by the corresponding 1/3.  You seem to have forgotten to mention that thing that is so obvious that nobody could be so stupid that they didn't add it in, right?
  • There was no reason to add the ramping damage necessary to free a champ.  You are basicallly saying that you want this content to be toxic for 99.9% of the playerbase with that change.  Why did you add it?  You just don't want people playing hydra anymore?
  • Why change taunt?  It was a cool skill.  You already killed yannica teams with the massive Wixwell nerf you put in.  Also, why not just admit it was a wixwell comp?  Being upfront with what you are doing costs you nothing and defuses some of the anger.  It is one thing for someone to treat you poorly.  It is another entirely when they treat you poorly and then aren't willing to own up to it.  Honesty goes a long way.  Deception (especially really, really, really poorly done deception) just makes us lose all respect for those working for the company.    And you really didn't need to touch taunt.  It was working exactly how it was designed.  It was almost the only place where it was useful.  Now earlier game players who invested all their resources into a low damage team but a team that could actually work have been completely screwed.  And for no reason since you already completely nerfed Wixwell which killed yannica (who is worthless once again).
Oct 10, 2024, 00:2910/10/24
Oct 11, 2024, 04:35(edited)
03/11/20

The best Hydra Battle I've ever had was Brutal 30 mil. No Trunda, no Yannica just a grooling manual battle that took nearly 40 mins. Now I will be happy I suppose to get the required damage for Hard. This absolutely destroys your largest community of players. I will have to wait and see, but based on what happens looks like I may be quitting the game. 

There has been an icon next to Hydra for a year now if not longer. Why not focus on that new battle, make it as hard as possible and just leave Hydra and it's current mechanics alone. What's next, nerfing unkillable teams in Demon Lord cause it wasn't how you intended the player community to find and use mechanics to their advantage that you designed. 

shame, shame, shame

s

Oct 10, 2024, 04:5810/10/24
01/13/23

Hey Paylarium you said you would be listening to player feedback about these changes and 99% of your player base says they suck. Now will you actually do anything about or are going to stick with the usual " yes we screwed you over, but we aren't going to do anything about it". First you reduce the points on the Freya fusion by 30-40 percent and now you have completely screwed early and mid-game players over with this. Hydra is going to be ridiculously difficult for me now and while you say my Wixwell CB team will still work I highly doubt it. So that is 2 sources of rewards you just nerfed to try and get me to spend money. If this is how you treat your players I will never spend another penny. Do the right thing for a change a fix this before you lose all of your players.

Oct 10, 2024, 05:0210/10/24
05/06/20

Tutti pensiamo che Plarium agevoli il mostro gioco ma in effetti agevola il gioco dei soldi... Gli f2p devono stare a soffrire, tanto non pagano, quindi non fanno guadagnare. 

Preferirei una "confort zone" dove chi vuole stare in f2p avanza poco ma avanza, comunque chi spende ci sarà sempre 

OlenkaAdmin
Oct 10, 2024, 09:5210/10/24
10/31/22
kasdan1979

Hey Paylarium you said you would be listening to player feedback about these changes and 99% of your player base says they suck. Now will you actually do anything about or are going to stick with the usual " yes we screwed you over, but we aren't going to do anything about it". First you reduce the points on the Freya fusion by 30-40 percent and now you have completely screwed early and mid-game players over with this. Hydra is going to be ridiculously difficult for me now and while you say my Wixwell CB team will still work I highly doubt it. So that is 2 sources of rewards you just nerfed to try and get me to spend money. If this is how you treat your players I will never spend another penny. Do the right thing for a change a fix this before you lose all of your players.

Hi there! We really appreciate your feedback and totally understand the concerns you’ve shared about the recent changes. We want to reassure you that we're always listening to the community and take your input seriously. Our goal is to create a balanced experience for players of all levels, which is why we aimed for a thoughtful and complex approach to the Hydra and related Champions. That said, we’re keeping a close eye on all the feedback we receive and will make sure to keep you updated on any changes. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us! 

Oct 10, 2024, 10:5510/10/24
09/20/20

The stupidest decision ! In this nerf тop donators lost money , but still have good damage in Haydra not 200 bilions but 50-100 bilions its make ! Who lost hare ? Yes like all time free to play gamers & new plaeyers ! Instead of introducing new heroes with new mechanics plarium make nerf to all players ! 

Oct 10, 2024, 17:4510/10/24
10/30/18

I am very disappointed in this hydra update. I am a low paying and FTP gamer and after many months I FINALLY got 2 accounts up to where I could BARELY get the first chest on normal hydra and that created a large uptick in my interest and enjoyment. I just got done trying out the new, updated hydra boss and I am once again shut out of being able to get any rewards. That is sufficiently frustrating that I am currently exloring other (non Plarium) games to invest my time in. Poorly thought out, in my opinion, and a huge over-reaction to a small problem(?).

Oct 10, 2024, 18:1010/10/24
12/19/19

I hope everyone threatening to quit over this actually does, and the rest of us are rewarded with increased  artifact storage with all the server space made available. Unfortunately, those 7 people won't be enough...

Oct 11, 2024, 00:5310/11/24
Oct 11, 2024, 01:00(edited)
09/24/20
Olenka

Hi there! We really appreciate your feedback and totally understand the concerns you’ve shared about the recent changes. We want to reassure you that we're always listening to the community and take your input seriously. Our goal is to create a balanced experience for players of all levels, which is why we aimed for a thoughtful and complex approach to the Hydra and related Champions. That said, we’re keeping a close eye on all the feedback we receive and will make sure to keep you updated on any changes. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us! 

Even without your balance changes, Hydra is a difficult content with a high entry threshold. You have to try really hard to get enough accessories, mythical tomes, and quartzes.  

Why do you need to change anything in this content? You don't get enough donations, so make new champions who will imbalance on Hydra, and not only there.

Top players will simply change their champions and humiliate Hydra and weaker players again.

As a result, a large mass of FTP players will suffer, as well as Plarium itself, since such balance changes will push many newcomers away from the game.

Oct 11, 2024, 04:2610/11/24
01/13/23

Ok, I have had a chance to calm down and really think about the changes so I can give more constructive feedback. As far as the changes to Trunda and the shield, for game health I can understand the need. The change to taunt was too much especially when Plarium actually came out and said that it was working correctly. If anything it needs to be like Unkillable on Demon Lord where it works for so many rounds. The buffs to Hydra itself are ridiculous and will only punish the lower powered accounts. Mainly the increasing damage to free a devoured champion will destroy my team. Often I barely manage to free the champ as it is and if the head of torment devours my champ I am almost sure to lose them because I don't have Shamael to remove the True Fear. As for Hydra Clash, a simple scoring adjustment would have made a lot more sense. Complex solutions often don't work because of too many variables. Simple is almost always best.

Oct 11, 2024, 05:0610/11/24
03/11/20
Olenka

Rebalance and Resource Refund

Okay, folks, I've got a serious bone to pick with the recent rebalance. Nerfing champions that players have invested time, energy, and resources into just doesn't sit right. It's a slap in the face to those of us who've put in the work to build up our rosters.

Here's my proposal: when a champion undergoes a significant nerf that alters their core attributes and viability, the developers should issue a refund for the resources spent on them. This includes tomes, gems, and a reasonable amount of energy used for leveling.

Why is this necessary? Because these nerfs drastically change the game. A champion you've spent weeks building can become practically useless overnight. It's only fair that we get back the resources we invested so we can reinvest in other champions or rebuild the nerfed one if we choose.

Shards, energy, gems, and tomes are valuable commodities that take time and effort to acquire. Nerfs, on the other hand, happen at the click of a button. This creates an imbalance that needs to be addressed.

And don't even get me started on the RNG system. Farming for gear is already a grind, but then having to rely on pure luck to get decent stat rolls is beyond frustrating. Why can't we choose which stats to increase? Increase the cost, make it a percentage chance, anything but this current system.

These rebalances and nerfs feel like they benefit the developers more than the players. Case in point: the new Hydra system. They changed the mechanics, but did they reduce the points needed for battles and chests? Nope. It's all about their profits, not our enjoyment.

It's time for the developers to step up and show some respect for the players and the investments we've made in their game.

Oct 11, 2024, 10:5310/11/24
12/24/20

I understand why Plarium is making these adjustments. But like always the adjustments will have greater impact on the midlevel till early Endgame and f2p / low spend community.

The Shield cap is to harsh Yannica and Islin Teams will be only a foodnote after that. Why not adjust the cap so that the strat is strill vaible but not gamebreaking. 

I look forward to the Trunda nerf/buff. I got one, but I don't have the other champs to build the gamebreaking Trundateam. Also not the nessassery soul. I hope she will still be usefull if I put some accuracy on her.

Eliminating the taunt buff mechanic is rearly sad. Why not put the mark of the Hydra on the taunt Champ. Or why not put a expiary counter on it like unkillable buff  in the Clanboss and the Iron twins. 

Plarium announced back in the days that we will get another head and a further difficulty. What happend to the roadmap?

Why not adjust the piontgaining mechnaic instead of ruining every ones day.

I've run 2 Keys after the announcement to see how the changes, that will come to hydra will impact me. 

-I looked at the damage numbers that I have at the 1000 turn count limit. Alone this changew will bar me from getting the last chest of personal rewards every week, which I worked hard to acchieve.

Not counting in is the diffculty that the staking of the devouring bar. Which comes earlier than I thought.

My biggest problem is the head of mischief which you can't target when hex is absend. Poison cloud is another big problem and if life barrierer is up all is lost and I can start new.  In the current state I can be lucky and free the champ.

- I'm not sure if the lifebar on a decapitated head will effect any of my teams. We have to see.

-What definatly will put a dent in my overall Point score is the 100% Damagereduction after the Head is respawned. Will have to see how much it will impact me.

-Can you put sureplus damage on a decapitated head? And will it count towards the hex damage?

Most of the mechanic changes seeme way over the the top. And nobody will get a balanced gameplay.

Overall I'm not looking forward to the Hydra changes. like most of the community.