All Categories

Live Arena Is Here!

Live Arena Is Here!

Live Arena has arrived in RAID! Dive into this eagerly-awaited real-time PvP mode as you battle for supremacy in the Live Arena!

Live Arena unlocks at Level 50 and allows players to fight against each other in real-time, 4v4 Champion battles. Live Arena opens in set windows on a daily schedule, with this schedule being available to view in the bottom left corner in the “Battle” tab.

Each Live Arena Battle costs one Live Arena Token. The maximum number of Live Arena Tokens a player can hold at any given time is 5. You’ll be returned to 5 Live Arena Tokens at 00:00 UTC every day.

You can also get more Tokens by acquiring Live Arena Refills from the Shop with Gems. Every subsequent Refill will cost more than the previous one, but after the daily reset, the price of the Live Arena Refill also resets back to default.

For now, there are three Live Arena Tiers: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. A player’s placement within a Tier represents their current performance in Live Arena, and helps to match them against players of a similar skill level.

Please note, you will be marked as inactive if you go 5 consecutive days without initiating a Live Arena Battle. Inactive players will lose 5 Live Arena Points each day they remain inactive. Start at least 1 Live Arena Battle to remove this status. You will only start to lose points from being inactive once you reach Silver I.

After you’ve hit the “Find Opponent” button, the game will begin the process of searching for an opponent of a similar skill level. After finding an opponent, the preparation for the Live Arena Battle begins. It consists of three Phases: 

• Pick Phase. After finding an opponent, you will both take turns to pick one to two Champions, until you have both picked 5. Don’t delay - you have 30 seconds to pick each individual Champion (60 total seconds if you have to pick two Champions). If you don’t pick within the time limit, the game will pick for you, taking into account the power of your Champions. Please note in Bronze and Silver Tiers, you can pick duplicate Champions. Once you hit Gold I though, all Champion picks must be unique across both teams.
  • Ban Phase. Both players then ban one of the opponent’s Champions that was chosen during the pick phase. Banned Champion won’t take part in the battle and can’t be chosen as your team’s Leader.
  • Pick Leader Phase. Once both you and your opponent have banned a Champion, each player then picks their team’s Leader. With both teams locked in, the actual Live Arena Battle begins.

Battle Phase

Standard Battle rules apply here - the Champion with the highest Speed stat goes first. The battle speed is set to x2 and cannot be changed. Each player has 15 seconds to pick the skill they want to use that turn, with the game making the decision if you don’t pick in time. Each Live Arena Battle can be a maximum of 30 minutes in length, with both players being credited with a loss if the Battle does not conclude within those 30 minutes. If a player loses connection to a Live Arena Battle and does not reconnect in time, their opponent will be credited with a victory.

Live Arena Crests

Every victory in Live Arena will reward the player with Live Arena Crests. These Crests are used to unlock and upgrade Area Bonuses for your Champions at the Great Hall in your Bastion.

Similar to how Medals are earned in Classic Arena, each Tier in Live Arena gives different types of Crests as rewards:

• Bronze Tier: Bronze Crests
  • Silver Tier: Silver Crests
  • Gold Tier: Gold Crests

Area Bonuses

The Area Bonuses tab of the Great Hall unlocks at Level 50 – the same level that you unlock Live Arena. Once unlocked, these Bonuses provide Stat boosts to all Champions when battling in specific locations. Among the existing Bonuses there is also Ignore DEF – a brand new bonus that determines how much of the enemy's DEF stat a Champion will ignore when attacking.

All locations where you will receive the Stat boosts are divided into three Grades:

• Grade 1 – Potion Keeps
  • Grade 2 – Ice Golem's Peak, Fire Knight's Castle, Dragon's Lair, Spider's Den
  • Grade 3 – Demon Lord Battles, Hydra Battles

The price of each upgrade depends on the Grade. The lower the Grade, the fewer Crests you need for each upgrade.

New Artifact Sets

Different types of Rewards are also available from Live Arena. Win 35 Live Arena Battles and you’ll receive a Chest that contains Artifacts from two new Sets: Impulse and Zeal. Both of these Artifact Sets are exclusive to Live Arena. Note: You’ll receive a Chest based on the Tier you’re in at the time the 35th battle happens.

Impulse (4 Set) - SPD +12%, 30% chance to reduce a random Skill cooldown by 1 turn. A great set for nukers, healers, pretty much anyone with skills you want to use as often as possible.

Zeal (4 Set) - C. DMG +25%, +7.5% damage for every 25% HP the target has. This set should give your attackers and nukers a little extra punch to take down Champions in one shot.

That’s not all the Rewards you can win in Live Arena though. Initiate 5 Live Arena Battles and you’ll get a Live Arena Refill once a day. There are also one-time Milestone Rewards that depend on the number of Live Arena Points you earn. Among those available Live Arena Milestone Rewards are Fragments of the Legendary Void Champion – Quintus the Triumphant. Please note that this Champion will be excluded from all Shards and is only available from Live Arena.

Also note that if you took part in the Live Arena beta test, your Leaderboard position is now reset.

And that’s everything! We can’t wait to see what cunning strategies and powerful combinations you come up with in Live Arena PvP. So get out there and outwit your enemies to come out on top of the Leaderboards! Have fun and happy raiding!

Views
Comments
Apr 13, 2023, 12:3804/13/23
Apr 13, 2023, 14:3004/13/23
May 15, 2023, 16:05(edited)
09/14/19

What a farce! Come on, Plarium... your data-mining/analysing is better than this.

Live Arena Match-ups a total joke. At least introduce a Level-difference cap; i.e. opponents can only be a maximum of +/- 3 Lvls of one-another.

All my match-ups have been with players more than 20 Lvls higher than me. Especially at higher levels a single level represents a massive difference in Player Champion Pool, Resources, etc.!

Just one of all of my opponents Champs could solo my best entire teams. You may as well say:

"This area is only for End-Gamers, Platinum Arena Players and smashers of Nightmare Hydra only"! 

No joy in this part of the game, and it's very time-consuming. So disappointing...

Apr 13, 2023, 15:3104/13/23
09/14/20
BLOOD Maelstrom

What a farce! Come on, Plarium... your data-mining/analysing is better than this.

Live Arena Match-ups a total joke. At least introduce a Level-difference cap; i.e. opponents can only be a maximum of +/- 3 Lvls of one-another.

All my match-ups have been with players more than 20 Lvls higher than me. Especially at higher levels a single level represents a massive difference in Player Champion Pool, Resources, etc.!

Just one of all of my opponents Champs could solo my best entire teams. You may as well say:

"This area is only for End-Gamers, Platinum Arena Players and smashers of Nightmare Hydra only"! 

No joy in this part of the game, and it's very time-consuming. So disappointing...

Actually...Player level and power does mean close to nothing. It all depends on the champs you have. A level 70 player could beat me (lvl 100) with the correct combination of champs. 

Lvl does not include anything regarding available champs, a lvl 10 Player could have had immense luck and pulled Taras, Marichka, Siphi, Rotos and UdK.....

Apr 13, 2023, 15:4204/13/23
07/02/22

I hope this next miserable pseudo "PvP" activity will be removed soon. And so the game takes up more than half of the day. They also introduced this boring misunderstanding.

Apr 13, 2023, 16:0904/13/23
Apr 13, 2023, 16:17(edited)
07/02/22

I demand the introduction of multibattles on "live-arena"!

Apr 14, 2023, 02:2704/14/23
Apr 14, 2023, 02:42(edited)
03/14/21

Hello everyone,

I have to tell you after playing live arena. It is the best part of the game I could play this 24/7. I just hope that they will make this hourly because it is way too much fun way too addicting and I Iove live arena. It is the absolute best thing that could happen to Raid Shadow Legends. 

If there is anybody that is hating on live arena it's because they either have not given it a chance or they are getting completely annihilated. Which I have not seen anyone in my clan attest to that. 

The fact that you can work in game to build your team and then  strategically fool the other player. If you just go in with the traditional builds and team make up you may be upset about it.  If you want to fake the other player out you.wait for your last 2 or 1 choices and it can confuse the other player on what you're really trying to do. This is like chess to me But so much better please  allow us to play this hourly. If you're looking to keep players in the game , live arena is so addicting. I don't know maybe it's better that you do keep it going every four hours. 

I can't begin to congratulate the people that came up with live arena because this is incredible. I am blown away and I am so addicted that you better not remove it.

Thank you so much raid shadow legends for bringing this to the forefront. It is the best thing you've done since the game started.

Apr 14, 2023, 11:3604/14/23
12/19/19
SkeaverTheVile

Hello everyone,

I have to tell you after playing live arena. It is the best part of the game I could play this 24/7. I just hope that they will make this hourly because it is way too much fun way too addicting and I Iove live arena. It is the absolute best thing that could happen to Raid Shadow Legends. 

If there is anybody that is hating on live arena it's because they either have not given it a chance or they are getting completely annihilated. Which I have not seen anyone in my clan attest to that. 

The fact that you can work in game to build your team and then  strategically fool the other player. If you just go in with the traditional builds and team make up you may be upset about it.  If you want to fake the other player out you.wait for your last 2 or 1 choices and it can confuse the other player on what you're really trying to do. This is like chess to me But so much better please  allow us to play this hourly. If you're looking to keep players in the game , live arena is so addicting. I don't know maybe it's better that you do keep it going every four hours. 

I can't begin to congratulate the people that came up with live arena because this is incredible. I am blown away and I am so addicted that you better not remove it.

Thank you so much raid shadow legends for bringing this to the forefront. It is the best thing you've done since the game started.

LMAO

"Please make hourly.... this is so addicting.... umm, maybe every 4 hours is better..." lol

Apr 14, 2023, 12:3004/14/23
11/26/22
BLOOD Maelstrom

I agree, I'm only level 51 and they placed me against a level 100.. Loaded with level 60 legends. I never had a chance....

Apr 14, 2023, 15:4904/14/23
08/16/22

I will only say that I really dislike live arena and I'm for once disapointed in a game that I loved. I've never PVP PVP at all and much prefer PVE content. For me Live Arena is a big fail.

Apr 15, 2023, 12:4504/15/23
01/21/23

why wont my game load?

Apr 15, 2023, 15:5004/15/23
01/06/22

So, so bad! The playing matching is utterly ridiculous. if you're mid game like me you either get matched with whales and end gamers, or you flatten some poor nube. 

Matching players 20 levels above or below is just a waste of players valuable time. 

The rewards are the only good thing about playing it. 

Apr 15, 2023, 16:1904/15/23
02/24/23

Here's my install link for Raid: Shadow Legends. Get it through this link and both of us will get some free stuff to boost us along! https://link.plrm.zone/app/llad0

Apr 16, 2023, 23:3704/16/23
03/18/23

مرحبا

Apr 17, 2023, 06:5204/17/23
12/07/16

If you could stop matching us with players that are 20-40 levels higher than us, that would be great. So far this live arena sucks as far as matchmaking goes. I just quit/end battle when i'm matched with someone so much higher level than me.

Apr 18, 2023, 14:3104/18/23
10/31/20

das neueste live arena ist blood...meine Kämpfer nicht einmal ein zug,andere 15 mal und du nicht einmal

Apr 19, 2023, 05:2804/19/23
12/24/20
Thor

das neueste live arena ist blood...meine Kämpfer nicht einmal ein zug,andere 15 mal und du nicht einmal

Arena is not PVE. Most of the times youre up against players that have greater Speeds and can CC you in any way. My Arbiter has only 322 Speed and is most matchups to slow. 

In youre case you should build a solid go second Team. Tanky as hell and resistent to nast debuffs. There are quite a lot of videos on youtube for go second teams.

Apr 20, 2023, 07:1404/20/23
06/20/21

I am currently lvl82, many times I faced lvl100 enemy, but it is okay. Best part is the banning one champion, that is very taktikal posibilities. Saddly I don't have to build my arena heroes directly to arena, for example my Warlord (luckiest character I drowed) has great position in FW,Hard DT and near every other position in game.

Why do not have Doom Tower bonuses in Arena Bonus list?

Apr 24, 2023, 05:4804/24/23
12/24/20

I would have liked the Area Bonus devided into

- Potion Keeps (I don't know why even bother)

- Dungeons (including Sanddevil, Iron Twins and the upcomming Dungeons like the Accesories Dungeon)

- Hydra

- Clan Boss

- Doom Tower

now only the four std Dungeons are included and I don't know if Plarium will ever expand the Area Bonusses. 

Apr 30, 2023, 14:3604/30/23
12/07/16

live arena has become absolutely pointless. People just leave the battles now without even bothering to fight when they know they are outmatched. I get people who quit depending on what I am using, and anytime I see razelvarg or warlord or any other meta champion placed in someone's lineup I too just quit and don't even bother fighting the opponent.  Live arena is so bad it is really pointless at this point to even call it live arena. Might as well just rename it and make it an AI arena. only around 1 out of every 5 of my battles actually result in a live battle now with how many people are just leaving battles.

May 15, 2023, 15:3305/15/23
May 15, 2023, 16:11(edited)
09/14/19

Since Live Arena Launch (LAL: or "Laugh-A-Lot or you'll cry", as it's now known!) there has been a lot of, "Give it a few days..." and "It'll sort itself out in a few weeks..." on this Forum and elsewhere. Well...

I have given it time and played every single day using all tokens - and getting more with gems - to make my data sample large enough to be well on-the-way towards becoming statistically viable.

It has not only, not improved, it's actually worse! Whilst progress was initially satisfying with 70-80% win-rates; as soon as I hit "Silver I" I stopped winning any battles ever (well about 5-8%; so, as 'near as damn-it!' to zero, as makes no difference).

My Lvl 72 Acct is pitted almost exclusively against Lvls 92-100. I just get slaughtered every time; any semblance of a scintilla of an iota of the vaguest hint of something even slightly resembling enjoyment is irrevocably sucked from the game (or at least this element of it). As a player since the Dawn of RSL, I do know the difference between "Go-Second Teams", "Poison Exploders" other "Meta" combinations, etc.; so, there's no need for those patronising responses defending the gross mismatched match-ups.

I would actually prefer to be a Tier-or-two lower and win approx 50% of battles, and enjoy playing (this is a game after all) rather than just "bring a knife to a gun-fight" and get ritually sacrificed in a battle so one-sided as to be laughable. Still so disappointed...

May 24, 2023, 14:2505/24/23
09/14/19

WOW!!! So, does Plarium even listen to their Customer/Fan base? Or, even if they do, do they then deliberately ignore/do-the-opposite of what they'd like?

Yet another update, in a fortnight of more updates than I can count, and the latest QoL update to Live Arena results in me  - Level 72 - being matched to  Lvl 100, 100, 83, 100, 92, 100!!! What the actual ****!!!

I despair. :(