All Categories

Raid Digest (20.08.21)

Raid Digest (20.08.21)

Hello, Raiders!

We are back with our regular RaidDigest! This issue is focused on one feature, so buckle up and let's go straight into the CvC changes.

First and foremost, we want to say that like any other tournament in the game, the balance of rewards for most Clan vs Clan tournaments will be changing. While you saw some minor changes during previous CvC tournaments from the start, shifts might be quite more drastic in the future. Hopefully, I have your attention by now, so let's see what changes await you in the next Clan vs. Clan tournament!

League distribution

Before we launched the first Clan vs. Clan tournament, we decided on the percentage of participants for the 2-6 CvC Tiers based on the numbers of competitive Clans at that moment in the game. By now, the Clan activity has grown, and stronger competitors are now fighting for the top rewards and top milestones, but movement between leagues became harder than initially intended. Seeing this tendency, we decided to double the number of clans in 2-6 CvC Tiers. This will enable more movement between them and allow more clans to get the deserved placement in the tournament.

Clan vs. Clan tournament activities rebalance

Let's start this one with Shards. We came to a decision to increase the number of points gained in activities around hero acquisition. Shards are the most crucial and valuable resource in the game, so we think increasing its point value for the tournament is appropriate. For example, in the previous tournaments, for obtaining epic champions, you would get 100 points. Now the number of points raised to 1000. Changes will be already in play in the next tournament, so be ready.

Next up is Dungeons and Campaign points rebalance. Starting with the upcoming CvC Tournament, these activities will have double or more tournament points. For example, the "Beat Stages 20-24 of the Dragon's Lair" will rise from 40 points to 100.

While some activities needed an obvious boost, some were overvalued in the tournament, and due to point hunting, might even slow players' progression. So to balance out other changes and restore appropriate point value to the activities, there will be decreases of point value for some of them.

Stage 21 of Faction wars will now give 1000 points to the tournament (has been 2000). Other stages of the Faction wars remain unchanged.

The Great Hall points are also undergoing a rebalance. Affinity bonus upgrades from level 6 and higher will bring less points. The number of points for upgrades of levels 1-5 remains the same.

The next tournament will start on August 24 and will be active for two days as usual.

That's quite a lot of balance tweaks, and for your convenience, we prepared a number of charts with all point rebalance changes that await you in the next Clan vs. Clan tournament.

i

i

i

i

That's all for today, have a good one. 

Views
Comments
Aug 20, 2021, 15:0108/20/21
Aug 20, 2021, 15:2208/20/21
Aug 20, 2021, 15:28(edited)
03/30/19

Clan Wars truly became Whale Wars. 

And you have the audacity to nerf the things that actually take effort beyond swiping your credit card? Amazing.

You already removed uncommons & commons from the prize pool, without changing the milestones or anything AND you still dare to nerf Faction Crypts???

When 3 Faction crypts are open during CVC we are losing a grand total of 12000 points, we need HUNDREDS of dungeon runs to get those points back you took away. 

Absolute trash of a change. 

I always defended clan vs clan wars as "only p2w on the surface" and explained how whales don't get too much of an advantage, but you went and changed that completely. Now it's legit whale wars. 

My God. I'm done, you have to be kidding me !!!!! 

edited by community manager

Aug 20, 2021, 15:2208/20/21
04/17/20

Look like you want p2

Aug 20, 2021, 15:2308/20/21
02/23/20

Still going towards the abyss. Well done Plarium. 

Aug 20, 2021, 15:3708/20/21
Aug 20, 2021, 15:49(edited)
07/17/20

youve just made it even more P2W!  whales buy mountains of shards so and can now earn even more points - while something like the hard grind for great hall bonus - which you also can benifit from each level 10 only once - you halve the points. AS F2P you prob dont care about my view - but ive been saving great hall upgrades until CVC as it was one of few decent contributions to my clan - plus work towards faction wars as another resonabl epoints available to F2P players

##### top secret internal Plarium notice to staff #####

Make CVC more P2W!!!!! 

Key CVC points

1. Reduce large point gains easily accesible for F2P players
  2. Increase points gains which can be obtained easily by players spending more money - so shards/books

Aug 20, 2021, 16:0208/20/21
08/02/19

If  someone  is  looking  for  the  most  entertainment per  hour  spent  on  the  game,  I  would  advise to  do  like  me  :  quit  and  just  read  the  news   and  the  comments .  It  is  always  a  great  source  of  entertainment  to  see  Plarium  screwing  their  playerbase 

Aug 20, 2021, 16:0808/20/21
Aug 21, 2021, 00:00(edited)
11/24/20

You have no mercy. You constantly punish players for not spending money.  you and  your "rebalances". You're making this game miserable for all. you for taking away 5* chicken and sacred shard. you for confirmation that I'll be getting a dupe legendary in 4  

Edited

Aug 20, 2021, 16:1508/20/21
04/17/20

Is this a joke? Surely this is a joke? Is it April 1st?

Aug 20, 2021, 16:1908/20/21
12/19/19

Agree 100% with Airmaxx.  

The entire explanation is complete BS.... It is a blatant cash grab, it is blatanly misrepresented with the following two statements.  

FICTION: "Shards are the most crucial and valuable resource in the game, so we think increasing its point value for the tournament is appropriate.  "

FACT: Shards provide the most revenue from addicts.  These are actually overvalued for true player progression for all but end-game players.  Players should be focused on progressing through.... 

FICTION: "While some activities needed an obvious boost, some were overvalued in the tournament, and due to point hunting, might even slow players' progression. So to balance out other changes and restore appropriate point value to the activities, there will be decreases of point value for some of them. "

FACT: Points from FW and GH produce no $$$, what were we thinking giving points here.

I staunchly defended CvC, Clan Quests, Daily Login Changes, and more... It is your prerogative to try and increase sales, but don't position it in any other way.  Certainly not as to better guide player progression... LMFAOOOOOOOOO 

Aug 20, 2021, 17:3508/20/21
01/27/21

It is funny, our clan cluster just rebalanced because there were a few people who wanted to compete in whale wars and most of us were rejecting it.  So the reorganized the 6 clans to make one clan which would focus on clan wars.  The rest of the clans are either ignoring them (mine) or putting minimal effort in (10-20k requirement).  My point totals won't change, but at least they're removed the pretense and have openly declared it credit card vs. credit card.  May the richest trust fund baby win!

Aug 20, 2021, 19:3408/20/21
03/19/21

I'll take a different track and assume Plarium really did want to make good adjustments.  My clan thankfully has had no issues with contributing to CvC or not, so my biggest frustration with CvC has been the draw to put my account on hold for 24 out of every 28 days and work furiously in those two 48 hour periods.  Thus, I would welcome the announcement where it says they are trying to correct the activities that delay progression of accounts.  The problem is that I don't see that the changs align with that.  I still get 5,000 points to do a level 10 upgrade in great hall.  For a tier 1 account, 5,000 points is still significant.  That is 1,000 energy worth of dungeon/minotaur runs.  So, I will still be drawn to hold until CvC but now I just get half the points.  The proper solution was to remove the great hall from CvC and just let people progress their account when they can.  Same thing with booking champions.  I can't book champs until CvC and that hasn't changed so I don't see how this release has changed the need to delay progression for two weeks at a time.  Take books out of point system and once again you free up people to use their books whenever they want to progress a champ.

Of course, if you do the above, you are down to campaign, dungeon and minotaur runs for the average player versus shards for whales and with the point system you can't possibly compete.  I'd still take that as long as the milestone awards remain fruitful as you will just need to find a whale clan or a relaxed clan (which is unfortunate), but we've seen those reduced lately.   

Last, in the whole thought process above in how CvC can be helpful for accounts to progress, tempting players to pull shards outside of 2x, 10x, guaranteed, summon and chase events is cearly detrimental and where you lose credibility and justify the vitriol you are seeing as a money grab. Saying it is rewarding the use of valuable resources just doesn't sell as clearly you are incenting negative behaviours and directly contradicting the next section on slowing players' progression.

Aug 20, 2021, 20:1808/20/21
08/03/20

I readed this digest many times and can't find a paragraph where you say that you give back sacred shard for daily rewards 

Aug 20, 2021, 20:5708/20/21
04/19/20

10 x more points for shards is a very predatory move, even for you Plarium.

Aug 20, 2021, 23:4508/20/21
Aug 20, 2021, 23:45(edited)
02/13/21

I love that people are starting to actually read between the linse of what Plarium are doing.  They will spin a change any way they want, but ultimately it's to improve sales.  This was also the case with the daily login removal, and yet some people still defended that.

Plarium are screwing up massively with all the recent changes (i.e. daily login changes, clan quests, CvC, etc.), but haven't actually acknowledged it yet, so unfortunately nothing will me fixed.  It might be time to find a new game

Aug 21, 2021, 00:0008/21/21
01/04/20
Nehruag

You have no mercy. You constantly punish players for not spending money.  you and  your "rebalances". You're making this game miserable for all. you for taking away 5* chicken and sacred shard. you for confirmation that I'll be getting a dupe legendary in 4  

Edited

I  understand  your  anger,  but  please  try  to  not  swear  so  much.

Aug 21, 2021, 01:0908/21/21
05/28/20

The urge to comment on this word by word is very strong. However rather than illustrate the lies & BS I'll just give my opinion.

In a word -  Appalling   

In 2 words - whale wars

Aug 21, 2021, 02:1108/21/21
07/03/20
Harbby

I  understand  your  anger,  but  please  try  to  not  swear  so  much.

Well, how about DOING something to reduce the NEED to swear at you? 

Aug 21, 2021, 02:1408/21/21
07/03/20

The end of the casual spender. I doubt anyone in that bracket will increase their spending, all I see is more and more people giving up on CvC and going FTP. I certainly have. You might as well have two servers, the gap between those groups is certainly wide enough that they're basically playing different games.

Aug 21, 2021, 03:0308/21/21
01/04/20
Mcbnthe3rd

Well, how about DOING something to reduce the NEED to swear at you? 

And what could I do? I'm a volunteer, I don't work for Plarium.

Aug 21, 2021, 06:5608/21/21
Aug 21, 2021, 07:09(edited)
10/09/20

Another changes to push their sales and ignore what players really needed. There is no point to reduce FW and GH points.

Boss: Next month you have to sell more shards!

Team: OK, lets increase shards points!

Boss: Next month you have to sell more energy pack too!

Team: OK, we increase campaign points too

Boss: Then we must decrease points in somewhere else which doesn't bring us revenue, them tell players this is rebalance.

Team: OK, FW and GH cant increase sales, lets decrease their points!

Beside, when do you want to put back our 5* chicken and sacred shards into daily login reward?

Aug 21, 2021, 07:0208/21/21
01/24/17

Why not just go all in Plarium, we have to pay $100 to participate in CvC.

Im not doing this, sorry clan :(

Besides, when are you gonna put our 5* chicken and sacred shard back in daily login ?