All Categories

Game Downloading After Every Hard Computer Restart

Search
Dec 21, 2021, 14:5612/21/21
11/02/16

Custom built PC, Windows 10 using Plarium Play. Have been playing for many months with no problems. Since the patch last Tuesday, the game has redownloaded and reinstalled with each hard start or re-boot of my computer. I have reset my cache multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled both Raid and Plarium Play multiple times as well. Each time I restart my computer the game re-downloads and re-installs itself. 

After my re-install this morning at 5:00am local, I experimented with a hard restart of my computer after your maintenance upgrade a couple of minutes ago (~7:00am local): again, a reinstall of Raid upon restarting. The problem is probably with Plarium Play itself, rather than Raid.

The resulting downloading in the background during gameplay is *more* than intrusive, and renders the game unusable for at least an hour after restarting -- at the best of times. PLEASE advise as to a solution; my time in the game is approaching an end if this can't be resolved, and I would *deeply* regret that. Thanks. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 22, 2021, 09:4512/22/21
11/02/16

Let me guess: the last patch added a lookup for the last IP address used for the account. I use a VPN. Thus, I get an error in Plarium Play when the IP address switches on a reboot.

This is not a security feature: even if the IP address changes, it still logs me into the same Plarium account when the software is redownloaded, regardless of the current IP address being used. No relogin is required, no email, password or authentication code is requested. This is broken, in its current configuration -- if I have the sequence of events right. If not, my apologies, but this seems logical from my end. Please pass this possibility along to your devs, when you get around to reading these missives.

Dec 23, 2021, 23:4412/23/21
01/04/20
Valkyriene

Let me guess: the last patch added a lookup for the last IP address used for the account. I use a VPN. Thus, I get an error in Plarium Play when the IP address switches on a reboot.

This is not a security feature: even if the IP address changes, it still logs me into the same Plarium account when the software is redownloaded, regardless of the current IP address being used. No relogin is required, no email, password or authentication code is requested. This is broken, in its current configuration -- if I have the sequence of events right. If not, my apologies, but this seems logical from my end. Please pass this possibility along to your devs, when you get around to reading these missives.

Shouldn't be a vpn issue, I use one all the time. 

Dec 24, 2021, 00:4412/24/21
11/02/16

Then what is it? I'm at wits end here. Game is unusable for 2 hours after restart -- and I'm not going to run my computer 24-7 because of some broken game. I'm seriously pissed about this. To the point where I'm censoring myself. "Shouldn't be a vpn issue" is not an answer. Please address this seriously.