All Categories

Banned for 'Refund Abuse?"

Search
Sep 18, 2020, 13:5109/18/20
01/25/20

For financial reasons, I need to cancel my monthly subscription to the game. Unfortunately, I forgot to unsubscribe until my account had been charged. So, as soon as I received the email, I went in an cancelled the subscription and asked for a refund through Google Play.

Almost immediately, I was kicked out of game and banned for "Refund Abuse." I submitted a support ticket and was told this is done automatically to avoid player tacking advantage of certain game mechanics it affects. I literally was in the middle of a faction crypt. I hadn't opened anything or received any benefit that would have been to my advantage.

It's pretty ridiculous that a common resolution to a simple customer service issue is met with such a heavy hand. Had I even known this was going to happen, I would have cancelled the subscription moving forward and just kept this months!

I've been unable to get any follow-up information on the ticket outside of, "I hope you understand." When/will this ban be lifted? Or am I just out of luck because of a simple mistake?
Views
Comments