All Categories

Doom Tower HARD

Doom Tower HARD

Search
Sep 23, 2022, 17:2909/23/22
09/23/22

Doom Tower HARD

I have beat Doom Tower twice on normal. All the way to the top. But I cannot get past Room 1 on Doom Tower hard.

https://routerlogin.uno/

Anybody know the minimum specs / stats I should use for Doom Tower hard?

https://19216801.onl/

Honestly, my gear is adapted more towards brute force and healing with crowd control, and I genuinely avoided speed and resistance. ;-( I'm thinking it's the lack of speed and resistance that's holding me back in DT Hard, ya?

Suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Sep 23, 2022, 18:1009/23/22
12/30/20

First things first: What does your roster look like?

The lack of speed will be a massive issue because we need to be going first to effectively crowd control. 

I'd say for the first 30-40 stages of Hard DT (excluding boss fights) we should be looking for >170 effective speed and to consistently resist debuffs, 250+ RES. Going to be much easier if we can be fast enough and have enough accuracy to crowd control/clear waves, though.

Sep 23, 2022, 19:1209/23/22
Sep 23, 2022, 19:12(edited)
06/25/20

Speed, speed, and more speed. Followed closely by crowd control. Literally don't even run a single nuker if you can't afford it due to lack of control.

Your team should, at a minimum, have:

Speed up or speed down

Stun or freeze

Provoke

Revive

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 23, 2022, 20:2909/23/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Speed, speed, and more speed. Followed closely by crowd control. Literally don't even run a single nuker if you can't afford it due to lack of control.

Your team should, at a minimum, have:

Speed up or speed down

Stun or freeze

Provoke

Revive

Certainly all of these things, and all of them at 250 speed plus. All while being well built too. Debuffer accuracy should be at about 360 or so, and higher on very specific bosses.

Sep 23, 2022, 21:5209/23/22
10/15/20
harleQuinn

Certainly all of these things, and all of them at 250 speed plus. All while being well built too. Debuffer accuracy should be at about 360 or so, and higher on very specific bosses.

None of this applies if you have seer 

Anyway to the OP , its a gear intensive mode, if your champs are not 200+ speed then you are going to quickly struggle. Speed is a vital stat for pve.

If you post a roster i imagine people can find a control team, my first DT completion was with a wierd team of tormin, achak, akoth, deacon and scyl in a stun set. It took forever but worked.

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 23, 2022, 22:2409/23/22
02/24/19
trevor.wilson

None of this applies if you have seer 

Anyway to the OP , its a gear intensive mode, if your champs are not 200+ speed then you are going to quickly struggle. Speed is a vital stat for pve.

If you post a roster i imagine people can find a control team, my first DT completion was with a wierd team of tormin, achak, akoth, deacon and scyl in a stun set. It took forever but worked.

Thanks for your assertion that nothing I said said matters if you have Seer. Very strange comment in a response about what minimum specs/stats you are looking for in hard Doom Tower. I do notice you immediately mentioned stats after that, which is super weird if they don't matter.

Oh, and stats STILL matter if you have Seer, Seer's stats matter, the team has to be built around Seer, you STILL need minimum speeds, and if you can't reset Seer with double Renegade or Kymar or Yumeko, you have to build even more carefully.

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 23, 2022, 22:3309/23/22
Sep 23, 2022, 22:39(edited)
12/30/20
harleQuinn

Thanks for your assertion that nothing I said said matters if you have Seer. Very strange comment in a response about what minimum specs/stats you are looking for in hard Doom Tower. I do notice you immediately mentioned stats after that, which is super weird if they don't matter.

Oh, and stats STILL matter if you have Seer, Seer's stats matter, the team has to be built around Seer, you STILL need minimum speeds, and if you can't reset Seer with double Renegade or Kymar or Yumeko, you have to build even more carefully.

On top of needing the actual gear (Savage or Lethal, which is likely going to be quite difficult for someone that hasn't started Hard Doom Tower yet) for Seer, and the reset/buff enablers/Lydia along with the requisite speeds, crit rate and crit damage for your Seer while also hitting sufficient stat thresholds on your buffers, resetters, and Lydia, I see no issues here. 🤔

It's going to be very difficult for most players - let alone one starting Hard DT - to have the comp and gear necessary even IF they have a Seer.

But yeah, almost everyone starts without a Seer or good Seer comp in hard DT which renders that point moot. The vast majority of us start with a defensive comp with heavy CC, like you helped me build out many moons ago. Hence the emphasis on stat thresholds and specific team composition that can be filled by a variety of champs.

Sep 23, 2022, 22:4709/23/22
Sep 23, 2022, 22:50(edited)
10/15/20
harleQuinn

You were quoting kram talking about the need for stun, revive, freeze etc

When i quoted your post- it did not include the origonal text you were quoting, hence the misunderstanding

Yes stats are needed, but with seer- revive, freeze, provoke etc is not needed

Hope that clarifies things for you?

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 23, 2022, 23:0509/23/22
12/30/20

One issue I will say that frequently comes up with the one reset Seer strat is unless you've binked a legendary resetter, you're going to want a CC towards the end of hard DT stages. Some of the free options work quite well. (Visix, Scyl, Drex, etc.)

Sep 23, 2022, 23:1109/23/22
10/15/20
dthorne04

One issue I will say that frequently comes up with the one reset Seer strat is unless you've binked a legendary resetter, you're going to want a CC towards the end of hard DT stages. Some of the free options work quite well. (Visix, Scyl, Drex, etc.)

Fair point, some clan mates with seer but no yumeko/kymar get by with renegade but it is not ideal i agree.

Anyway back on topic - OP i suspect the issue is gear, to save trips the effort of posting, the answer is x10,000 dragon runs