All Categories

Question about Potion Keep drops

Search
Sep 21, 2022, 11:2209/21/22
04/12/21

against awarding greater potions.  There are some missions that are meant specifically for a player to convert enough greater potions into 10 superior potions. That is turning out to be a huge undertaking for me.

The potion keeps show that greater potions are available beginning with level 4.  Going up through the levels, and best I can do is L15 on Magic, I receive very few greater potions compared to lesser and superior.  Here is a picture:

i

Normally one would not complain about receiving many more superior potions, but in this case it is a bad deal. I looked at the potion drop rates for all the levels and it seems to me there should be more greater potions awarded.

So my question is, are the greater potions being suppressed in some way?

I know the canned answer here is to do L20, where the lesser potions disappear and there is about a 2/3 to 1/3 chance of greater to superior, but is that really true?  Atm I am not able to do L20, so I do not know what it looks like, but can anybody tell me whether or not the greater potions actually increase at L20, based on experience?  

Mod Edit: Title changed to better reflect content of thread

Views
Comments
Comments
RonnieCommunity Manager
Sep 23, 2022, 09:5209/23/22
10/04/21

Hey there! As you said yourself, the number of Greater Potions increases naturally when you get to L20. Simply because it becomes one of the only two reward alternatives. Other than that, it's RNG that decides the number of Potions you receive on other stages. 

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 23, 2022, 18:3309/23/22
Sep 23, 2022, 18:33(edited)
12/30/20

So, a few things:

1) Sample size, sample size, sample size. Before one should posit something like "are greater potions being suppressed", you would need an actual sample size, which we very likely don't have here. 

2) If any of the potions were going to be suppressed, why wouldn't it be superiors? 

3) I suppose you're pushing for Arbiter, but why not just wait until you can farm Level 20 Magic Keep? What team are you using for Magic Keep now?

In general I would just be very careful about making sweeping judgements about drops without some serious data to back it up. 

To answer your questions though: No, they're not being suppressed, and yes, you'll see more greater potions at 20.