All Categories

What's the intended purpose of Lethal Dose?

Search
Sep 8, 2022, 02:1609/08/22
06/25/20

Literally *nobody* builds arena teams around poison. Incinerate, at least, provides an interesting utility effect with the built-in destroy mechanism - it could perhaps make some champs like Drexthar or Tyrant more usable in arena.

But doubling poison damage and allowing it some degree of RES pierce? You could quadruple the poison damage, and it still wouldn't be usable. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 8, 2022, 02:2109/08/22
02/11/21

I've seen some poison exploders used with some AOE poisoners in Dungeon waves. Not sure about the Arena, though. The only place I use poisons is CB.

Sep 8, 2022, 02:2909/08/22
06/25/20
Balltazer

I've seen some poison exploders used with some AOE poisoners in Dungeon waves. Not sure about the Arena, though. The only place I use poisons is CB.

Lethal Dose only works in arena :)

Sep 8, 2022, 02:4809/08/22
02/11/21
kramaswamy.kr

Lethal Dose only works in arena :)

I'm aware, I was just wondering if maybe some players used their poisoners in arena in a similar manner. 

Sep 8, 2022, 03:0009/08/22
06/25/20
Balltazer

I'm aware, I was just wondering if maybe some players used their poisoners in arena in a similar manner. 

And I can tell you that, in my GH-Level-211 amount of arena games played, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've seen a team explicitly use poisons as part of their win condition.

The ONLY comp that is even remotely viable as poison is the 2x Kalvalax + Zavia build, but that is just so unbelievably rare that it isn't even worth considering.

So ... yeah. It makes a practically non-existent team slightly better. Kinda bizarre to devote an entire Awakening slot just to that, no?

I mean they clearly thought about this when making Incinerate, in that they gave HP Burn at least the Destroy effect. They could have at least given Poison something more useful. An easy example would have been just a small (say, 20%) chance of activating a Chaagur-type Sleep effect.

Sep 8, 2022, 03:0509/08/22
02/11/21
kramaswamy.kr

And I can tell you that, in my GH-Level-211 amount of arena games played, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've seen a team explicitly use poisons as part of their win condition.

The ONLY comp that is even remotely viable as poison is the 2x Kalvalax + Zavia build, but that is just so unbelievably rare that it isn't even worth considering.

So ... yeah. It makes a practically non-existent team slightly better. Kinda bizarre to devote an entire Awakening slot just to that, no?

I mean they clearly thought about this when making Incinerate, in that they gave HP Burn at least the Destroy effect. They could have at least given Poison something more useful. An easy example would have been just a small (say, 20%) chance of activating a Chaagur-type Sleep effect.

I agree, it seems like a super-niche ability either aimed at making that a thing, plain ignorance, or an attemot at making a good ability but limiting it "for balancing purposes". The ability would be great for CB if it worked there.....maybe Dragon, too, for those who use poisoners in Dragon.

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 8, 2022, 03:5409/08/22
02/24/19

I know you're saying it's been niche Krama, but I'd be remiss if I didn't say that doubling poison damage probably makes explosions a lot more "build around" now.

So like Deathknight, Yoshi and Ninja....I'm going to wait and see what pops up with this one before throwing it in the trash. 

And if even at the worst case, "maybe could build some 3v3 team" is better than "only useful in PvE explosion comps with a reset champ." We'll just have to see what develops as the meta changes, or if we'll see Poison champs that do things like ignore shields or something in the future.

Sep 8, 2022, 06:5309/08/22
05/03/20

Sticks his hand up for using FB for poison in Tag because.....why not?

Sep 8, 2022, 09:0209/08/22
02/13/21

It might be Plarium's first step towards trying to bring poisons into the arena meta, not unlike what they did with bombs.  There might be a few more things coming in soon, but agree that as it stands right now, it is not enough

Sep 9, 2022, 00:2309/09/22
05/03/20

HH has a vid about UDK with some skills that may make him powerful in arena.  For IG he teams UDK with a poisoner.  Maybe Raid wants to create a new dynamic for arena with UDK and somebody??