All Categories

Bommal

Bommal

Search
Sep 6, 2022, 12:4109/06/22
02/11/22

Bommal

It's been said 1000 million times probably, so i'm not gonna say anything except that something should be said but it's already been said LOL

Seriously though, why not just reverse the frost set effect to give it utility? As it is, it's one of the most binned sets in the game. If it could be useful at least in Bommal, now we're talking

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 6, 2022, 13:0409/06/22
06/25/20

Frost is quite useful for Arena. I would definitely not call it one of the most binned sets in the game. There are other sets that are far more situational - Curing, Taunting, Cursed, and Dazed specifically. All four do still have value, but Frost is far more commonly used than any of them.

For a long time, my 3v3 arena team had three people in Frost and one in Shield.

Sep 6, 2022, 13:0509/06/22
02/11/22

But why bother using frost? Might as well use stun sets no? Exccept for Provoke champions, i don't really see the benefit of frost set

Sep 6, 2022, 13:1009/06/22
06/25/20
Swiftblade

But why bother using frost? Might as well use stun sets no? Exccept for Provoke champions, i don't really see the benefit of frost set

Because Stun and Frost are ... exact opposites? Stun set stuns when you attack them. Frost set freezes when they attack you?

Sep 6, 2022, 13:1309/06/22
02/11/22

Yes, LOL ofc i understand this.... what i meant was, i guess this means you own a very large pool of champions, of which you can specifically assign a number for arena only? In that case i get it. Otherwise, these champions in frost are not as useful in other areas of the game, where being attacked is not something you really want.

Sep 6, 2022, 13:1809/06/22
06/25/20
Swiftblade

Yes, LOL ofc i understand this.... what i meant was, i guess this means you own a very large pool of champions, of which you can specifically assign a number for arena only? In that case i get it. Otherwise, these champions in frost are not as useful in other areas of the game, where being attacked is not something you really want.

I mean ... yes. There is practically no content my champs overlap. Almost every area features champs specifically geared for that area.

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 6, 2022, 18:2209/06/22
12/30/20
kramaswamy.kr

I mean ... yes. There is practically no content my champs overlap. Almost every area features champs specifically geared for that area.

I'm kind of shocked by this, but since I (think) you do primarily food farming in dungeons it makes sense. What champs do you have overlap with?

Sep 6, 2022, 18:2809/06/22
06/25/20

Well - do take it with a grain of salt, since my dungeon "teams" are solo farmers for 3/4 of them. The FK20 team was mostly a mishmash of whoever I could put together that would clear in sub2min30s, because I so rarely run it.

CB -

• Helicath
  • Vizier
  • Martyr
  • Dark Kael
  • Brogni

DTH -

• Kimi (in arena gear)
  • BEK (in solo-farming gear)
  • Raglin (in arena gear)
  • Skarg (in Hydra gear)
  • Maulie (in arena gear)

Hydra (top team) -

• Uugo
  • Ninja
  • Geomancer
  • Mithrala
  • Maulie (in arena gear)
  • Nekmo

Tag arena does have some overlap, but that's mostly because tag is often a question of finding a specific team for each matchup I'm against. That said, the "core" of tag are pretty much just champs that are only in tag (other than those already mentioned) -

• Cardinal
  • Rotos (x2)
  • Brakus
  • Skullcrown
  • Arbiter
  • Kimi
  • Rae
  • etc..
Sep 6, 2022, 18:3709/06/22
12/19/19
dthorne04

I'm kind of shocked by this, but since I (think) you do primarily food farming in dungeons it makes sense. What champs do you have overlap with?

The only two areas requiring effort are tag and Hydra, so I currently have significant overlap.  But like kram said, the builds can't really be optimized for both.

I have 2 kimis, the first is fast with accuracy T6.  The 2nd is slow with WM. I still use both in Tag defense and almost every time I attack. 

If I didn't use Lydia, Mith in Tag I would go WM.  They currently have def/support masteries but I am considering changing.... As gear continues to improve the extra 50 res/acc becomes less of a bonus, whereas the WM/GS impact in a hydra really can't be replaced anywhere. 

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 6, 2022, 18:5209/06/22
02/24/19
Trips

The only two areas requiring effort are tag and Hydra, so I currently have significant overlap.  But like kram said, the builds can't really be optimized for both.

I have 2 kimis, the first is fast with accuracy T6.  The 2nd is slow with WM. I still use both in Tag defense and almost every time I attack. 

If I didn't use Lydia, Mith in Tag I would go WM.  They currently have def/support masteries but I am considering changing.... As gear continues to improve the extra 50 res/acc becomes less of a bonus, whereas the WM/GS impact in a hydra really can't be replaced anywhere. 

WM/GS doesn't seem like it's a big deal if you already top chest every stage of Hydra though.

While as your gear improves, so does your opponents. So in that way, I don't see the extra 50 resistance or accuracy ever not mattering.