All Categories

Do you regear for FW?

Do you regear for FW?

Search
Sep 5, 2022, 16:1709/05/22
02/11/21

Do you regear for FW?

Going through some later stages of FW, I can't help but wonder if I should rotate some of the gear just for completion's sake. Then, if I do, how do I manage the farming of the crypts? Currently, I sometimes farm lower levels to get epic materials for perception gear. Is that the standard practice or am I alone in doing it? 

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Sep 5, 2022, 16:2709/05/22
12/30/20

If I'm understanding your question(s) correctly:

Yes: for completion the first time, tried to speed run it before Shadowkin came out, but it's just good practice to get Lydia ASAP when you can. Was constantly moving gear around to finish it, taking screenshots of who I was taking what gear from, etc. If you have the champions AND the gear to do it now, you move around gear and finish it now. 

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 5, 2022, 16:3409/05/22
Sep 5, 2022, 21:06(edited)
02/24/19

So, if you are still trying to get Lydia, I couldn't recommend more highly rotating gear to finish out the factions. The amount of time it takes to farm sets for 5 champs in every faction that can 3 star 19-21 is astronomical.

Instead, you farm silver each day and then use that to swap around your absolute best gear, and in particular, those regen and stun sets that carried us all through the 21s to get Lydia. And basically during these swaps and the final push, you steal gear from EVERYWHERE....  Clan Boss, Arena, other factions as necessary, taking screenshots and notes and replacing once you beat the 19-21 and three starred it. 

Once you three star a faction, you put it on farm for a bit on a little lower level for the 2-4 weeks you are finishing out the FW grind. Spare gear and sometimes partially geared champs for just a bit.

After you have Lydia, you start focusing on equipping your teams to perma farm, because now you can farm any stage and get one star and it doesn't matter. You still get the glyphs and forge materials from FW20 regardless of stars.  Early some factions will be less reliable and that's just the way of it.

But as you slowly farm more gear, you will get upgrades here and there until you have every faction on farm for both 20 and 21. It takes a bit, but not as long as you think, and naturally happens as you look for upgrades for your Arena and Hydra and CB teams. 

Personally, after Lydia, while I was setting up my perma teams, I worked under the principle that the weaker factions got the better gear so that I could farm the higest levels possible on each faction each day, knowing that it was okay if Sacred Order 20 took 8 minutes so that Lizards could farm 20 instead of 16 max.

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 5, 2022, 16:4009/05/22
12/30/20
harleQuinn

So, if you are still trying to get Lydia, I couldn't recommend more highly rotating gear to finish out the factions. The amount of time it takes to farm sets for 5 champs in every faction that can 3 star 19-21 is astronomical.

Instead, you farm silver each day and then use that to swap around your absolute best gear, and in particular, those regen and stun sets that carried us all through the 21s to get Lydia. And basically during these swaps and the final push, you steal gear from EVERYWHERE....  Clan Boss, Arena, other factions as necessary, taking screenshots and notes and replacing once you beat the 19-21 and three starred it. 

Once you three star a faction, you put it on farm for a bit on a little lower level for the 2-4 weeks you are finishing out the FW grind. Spare gear and sometimes partially geared champs for just a bit.

After you have Lydia, you start focusing on equipping your teams to perma farm, because now you can farm any stage and get one star and it doesn't matter. You still get the glyphs and forge materials from FW20 regardless of stars.  Early some factions will be less reliable and that's just the way of it.

But as you slowly farm more gear, you will get upgrades here and there until you have every faction on farm for both 20 and 21. It takes a bit, but not as long as you think, and naturally happens as you look for upgrades for your Arena and Hydra and CB teams. 

Personally, after Lydia, while I was setting up my perma teams, I worked under the principle that the weaker factions got the better gear so that I could farm the higest levels possible on each faction each day, knowing that it was okay if Sacred Order 20 took 8 minutes so that Lizards could farm 20 instead of 16 max.

This may have been the exact playbook I did and do follow 😂

Sep 5, 2022, 20:5409/05/22
02/11/21

Thanks, guys. 

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 6, 2022, 00:0309/06/22
Sep 6, 2022, 00:03(edited)
12/30/20

I will say that I have slacked on gearing up some of those factions for farming purposes. I think that's a mistake even in your factions that are weaker, just because the gains from Perception/Swift Parry are pretty huge over time, and tremendous for CvC. 

Not to mention the insane amount of glyphs you're going to need during the Ramantu questline. 

Sep 6, 2022, 01:0909/06/22
02/11/21
dthorne04

I will say that I have slacked on gearing up some of those factions for farming purposes. I think that's a mistake even in your factions that are weaker, just because the gains from Perception/Swift Parry are pretty huge over time, and tremendous for CvC. 

Not to mention the insane amount of glyphs you're going to need during the Ramantu questline. 

My issue in terms of forge materials is the lack of epic Bloodstones. I have a buttload of legendary Bloodstones but no epics, so I use my weaker factions to farm mid levels where the chance of epic bloodstones is higher. 

I'm still further out in beating Skinwalkers and Shadowkin, but my Knights Revenant and Banner Lords are on the last stage, so I'm gonna start gearing them out.