All Categories

Stuck on Scarab King in DT. Please help me :(

Search
Sep 3, 2022, 01:2309/03/22
07/21/22

I have tried so many variations of differen teams and positions of each champion and I always end up with Ultimate Death Knight fighting him solo. I get through the waves pretty easily but then when I get to the Boss, I can't pass it. my UDK fought for 31 minutes solo until I just ended the battle. Any/All suggestions are welcome. Please disregard the feeders that I have raised. I'm sure you all can tell who is  being raised to feed. I also know I have a lot of people to raise, etc. If you see any that I need to do first, please please tell me. Im unsure about who I need to start on, who I need to 6 star. etc.

i

i

i

i

i

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Sep 3, 2022, 03:5409/03/22
12/30/20

Normal or hard?

You do have the pieces right now for the classic team. A shield champion in UDK/Lodric (though you'll want them booked) + turn meter manipulation in Coldheart, Armiger, Royal Guard and most importantly: Alure. 

Ideally though, you'd have a champion like Lodric, or Miscreated Monster booked to where there is no downtime in between their shield going down and putting it back up again. Lodric's is ideal because it's a 2 turn shield with a 2 turn cooldown when fully booked. Have that champion go first and then keep Scarab from ever taking a turn. 

If you don't want to bring up Armiger for this, I would say HK or Deacon (be careful there with the extra turn mechanic and his shield) + one of your shield champions (preferably Lodric or another champion with no shield downtime) + RG/Alure/Coldheart. Coldheart and Royal Guard's max HP mechanics will help burn through this fight faster, too.

Sep 3, 2022, 04:3709/03/22
12/19/19

Vergis can solo all on hard.  Imagine he can do normal with modest gear

Sep 3, 2022, 04:4909/03/22
07/21/22
dthorne04

Normal or hard?

You do have the pieces right now for the classic team. A shield champion in UDK/Lodric (though you'll want them booked) + turn meter manipulation in Coldheart, Armiger, Royal Guard and most importantly: Alure. 

Ideally though, you'd have a champion like Lodric, or Miscreated Monster booked to where there is no downtime in between their shield going down and putting it back up again. Lodric's is ideal because it's a 2 turn shield with a 2 turn cooldown when fully booked. Have that champion go first and then keep Scarab from ever taking a turn. 

If you don't want to bring up Armiger for this, I would say HK or Deacon (be careful there with the extra turn mechanic and his shield) + one of your shield champions (preferably Lodric or another champion with no shield downtime) + RG/Alure/Coldheart. Coldheart and Royal Guard's max HP mechanics will help burn through this fight faster, too.

It's on Normal. I've only  been playing for about 2-3 months and I haven't been able to really start doing the DT until about a week ago. I'm sure I was doing all kinds of things wrong Lol. This is the first game I've ever played (other than like Mario, Zelda, etc) but as far as the mobile games go? First one so I'm trying to learn a lot as I go. I think I'm doing okay lol. 

I can solo the campaigns all the way through Stage 3 on Nightmare but then, I'm in trouble.

RE: Miscreated Monster: I wish I would have pulled him but out of al the pulls I did in the last summoning event and then this one (around 400) I still didn't get him.

I know I don't have Lodric booked. So, I don't know if I can use him. Can I put a certain artifact on him that will help in place of the books? 

A lot of people have said Armiger, and I don't mind bringing him up, if I need to. I'm not sure who HK is, but I definitely know Deacon. I think he has 2 skills upgraded. 

So, Lodric, Deacon, Armiger, Cold heart and Royal Guard? Or should I put Alure in the place of one of them?

Right now, I've been running him for a long time, with just Ultimate Death Knight left and fighting him. It's been almost an hour and I definitely don't want to spend an hour fighting him again. 

i

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer me and for the advice!

Sep 3, 2022, 04:5109/03/22
07/21/22
Trips

Vergis can solo all on hard.  Imagine he can do normal with modest gear

Vergis can solo Boroth? He hits and dies like a pool noodle for me.

I think I might have his artifacts wrong. Can you tell me what I should have on him?

Thank you, also, for taking the time to read my "cry for help" Lol and to offer your opinion and experience. 

Sep 3, 2022, 04:5409/03/22
07/21/22

Currently I'm using Coldheart, UDK, Deliana, Duchess Lilitu and Royal Guard.

UDK is the Leader.

UDK is in all Bolster.

Coldheart is in Relentless and Perception

Royal Guard is in Destroy

Duchess Lilitu is in Shield and Speed 

Deliana is in Stun and Retaliation. She is fully ascended. Fully booked. Artifacts fully upgraded and she is fully masteried. 

So I should really change everyone except for CH and RG?

Sep 3, 2022, 06:2009/03/22
02/13/21
Shylum

Vergis can solo Boroth? He hits and dies like a pool noodle for me.

I think I might have his artifacts wrong. Can you tell me what I should have on him?

Thank you, also, for taking the time to read my "cry for help" Lol and to offer your opinion and experience. 

Can you post your Vergis stats?  He 100% can solo Scarab, and does so for me.

There are 2 ways to build him, either in destroy set to reduce max HP (and therefore reduce the damage reduction), and one in Toxic Set.  The latter appears to be the faster option if you are looking for speed, but I wanted to list both so you can assess what artifacts you have

You will want to focus on HP and defense, and for normal some basic resistances (you might want more resistances on hard).  Mine has about 50K HP and 3.7K defense, and is sitting at a comfortable 180 speed.  He has the destroy set equipped.

I think if we focus on your Vergis build, Scarab should become a cakewalk.  Note that it by no means will be fast, so you need to set it to auto and wait about 15 mins.

Sep 3, 2022, 15:5609/03/22
07/21/22

Thank you so much!! My Vergis stats are below:

i

Oct 15, 2022, 08:4310/15/22
03/15/22

Scarab King is a particularly difficult boss for me as well, for lack of a good shield champ and strong turn meter control outside of Armiger.  

May I suggest, while you are building and optimizing your Scarab team, that you just brute force the boss, so you can continue progressing through the doom tower?  I don't think this would work on Hard DT, but for normal DT, on the lower floors, I grew frustrated enough to just through hp and healing champs at him.  And it worked, kind of.  

Had an Ursala the Mourner solo Scarab with a regen and speed set.  45k hp (actually greater with Deliana as lead), 1.9k Atk, 2.6k Def, 206 Spd, 124 Res.  She was outhealing the damage he did on only her.  So the next time I tried it I went with glass cannons to get through the waves and then her alone.  Takes forever, but you just auto it.  Tried it with a Godseeker Aniri and a Walking Tomb Dreng (with Guardian set) as well.  At Floor 100 it began failing, and only my Dreng was able to do it.  72k Hp, 1.3k Atk, 2.8k Def, 187 Spd, 65 Res.

I don't know how relevant my Great Hall was, but its still early game, with just rank 3 on everything except some Crt Dam and ACC ones built up for the Arbiter missions.

Goodluck!

Oct 15, 2022, 11:2410/15/22
04/17/20

As others said ... Max Vegis, in destruction gear with regeneration gear, high resistance, high HP, speed. 

Take others with him for the waves, they can die but turn off Vegis A2 so he doesnt try to stave the rest of the team and end up dying himself. Then he can solo boss even hard mode. 

Oct 15, 2022, 13:1510/15/22
07/15/20

use the clan vs clan rings and thats about it. you get a weak shield but works.