Search
Sep 2, 2022, 18:5309/02/22
08/06/20

Rotos in savage or relentless?

Hi everyone!

I see 2 main ways to build Rotos:

1) Relentless

2) Savage

Is one superior for Arena (if stats are pretty similar)?

P.S. I have ok gear. Not good enough to have Crit Damage gloves and still get good Crit rate. 

l

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Sep 2, 2022, 19:0309/02/22
12/30/20

Savage is vastly superior in this scenario. :)

Sep 2, 2022, 19:0309/02/22
06/25/20

Both are valid. Avenging and Retaliation are also both valid.

I'd focus mostly on just the stats, though. None of those sets will make a huge difference for you in arena one way or another.

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 2, 2022, 19:2509/02/22
02/24/19

Savage is certainly the way to go if the stats are the same. His A3 ignores a lot of defense and Savage lets you stack even more of that into the build. Savage is generally preferred for all endgame nukers, and Rotos is no exception, especially with his A3.

However, if you're lacking good Savage, relentless is good for Rotos as well, enabling you to stack an extra turn here and there to go with his two extra turn mechanics.

Especially since you are having issues getting Crit Damage gloves working in either set, I'd recommend ignoring as much defense as possible with Savage. :)

And sets matter in Arena typically, when it's not broken. 0_0

Sep 2, 2022, 19:4109/02/22
06/25/20
harleQuinn

Savage is certainly the way to go if the stats are the same. His A3 ignores a lot of defense and Savage lets you stack even more of that into the build. Savage is generally preferred for all endgame nukers, and Rotos is no exception, especially with his A3.

However, if you're lacking good Savage, relentless is good for Rotos as well, enabling you to stack an extra turn here and there to go with his two extra turn mechanics.

Especially since you are having issues getting Crit Damage gloves working in either set, I'd recommend ignoring as much defense as possible with Savage. :)

And sets matter in Arena typically, when it's not broken. 0_0

Sets matter at higher tiers, sure. But for OP, I'm pretty doubtful that the set bonus on Rotos is the thing which will make or break his fights.

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 2, 2022, 19:4209/02/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Sets matter at higher tiers, sure. But for OP, I'm pretty doubtful that the set bonus on Rotos is the thing which will make or break his fights.

If you are struggling for Crit Damage, ignoring another 25% defense on top of the 60% makes a difference. :)

Sep 2, 2022, 19:5409/02/22
06/25/20
harleQuinn

If you are struggling for Crit Damage, ignoring another 25% defense on top of the 60% makes a difference. :)

Granted - but if getting Savage means you're giving up a pile of other stats to use sub-optimal pieces just for the set bonus, then I doubt the ends will justify the means. It'll come down to what the items are, I think.

OP - I'd suggest you post your two best options, one with the Savage set and one without. We can let you know which outcome wins out.

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 2, 2022, 19:5609/02/22
Sep 2, 2022, 19:57(edited)
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Granted - but if getting Savage means you're giving up a pile of other stats to use sub-optimal pieces just for the set bonus, then I doubt the ends will justify the means. It'll come down to what the items are, I think.

OP - I'd suggest you post your two best options, one with the Savage set and one without. We can let you know which outcome wins out.

I'm just working off that OP asked: "Is one superior for Arena (if stats are pretty similar)?"

If the stats are pretty similar, Savage is a way better build than nearly any other set in the game. :)

I do enjoy seeing builds though.....

Sep 2, 2022, 19:5909/02/22
02/11/21

When I absolutely must have 4 piece sets, I usually use the items in top row and chest because I need stats on my boots and gloves. For a damage dealer, gloves are especially crucial, so even if it's a Daze set gloves with solid stats, rock 'em.  But generally, like Kram said, stats over sets, and Rotos is pretty awesome no matter what set he's rocking.