Awakening Core Mechanic Preview

Search
Aug 22, 2022, 18:4408/22/22
06/25/20

https://hellhades.com/raid-shadow-legends-awakening-preview-core-mechanics/

First thoughts:

• Polymorph isn't nearly as scary as it looked at first. The debuffers still place their debuffs, they just turn into sheep after. The only people who will be truly impacted are multi-hit attackers who place debuffs as well, such as Vlad. Most nukers will still get their nuke off, so you'll still be dead.
  • RIP speed nukers. Survival Instinct is your death sentence.
  • Carapace is interesting, but I expect everyone will just take Survival Instinct instead.
  • Miracle Heal looks interesting for Hydra.
  • All arena nukers will likely take Cruelty, all arena debuffers will likely take Heavencast
  • All the rest look like they'll be passed for Survival Instinct
Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 22, 2022, 21:0808/22/22
02/11/22

The whole thing looks like fun, only thing i would say is, they kinda made the upgradinf of champions a bit over-complicated. Perfect souls, split souls, soul levels, coins, more coins, even more coins. We'll all get used to it of course, but still, you gotta remember that most of us play this game casually with touches of intensity here and there. And these complications will be time-consuming.

It would have been just easier to make one type of soul for each champion. Collect 6 of them and voila. 

Aug 23, 2022, 14:4108/23/22
06/25/20

Plarium, could we get a bit of clarity regarding whether the awakening bonuses are all active, or whether only the last one in the list is?

Because like, Carapace especially - if they are all active, on a legendary champion that translates into 80% DR if you have *any* debuffs at all. That's just ... silly.

Aug 23, 2022, 14:4608/23/22
05/07/22
Swiftblade

The whole thing looks like fun, only thing i would say is, they kinda made the upgradinf of champions a bit over-complicated. Perfect souls, split souls, soul levels, coins, more coins, even more coins. We'll all get used to it of course, but still, you gotta remember that most of us play this game casually with touches of intensity here and there. And these complications will be time-consuming.

It would have been just easier to make one type of soul for each champion. Collect 6 of them and voila. 

Well ofc, Plarium only knows how to make overcomplicated features.

Aug 23, 2022, 16:1108/23/22
02/28/22
Stryker178

Well ofc, Plarium only knows how to make overcomplicated features.

Plarium want us in the game for as long as possible, not a bad thing depending on your viewpoint, if you're a casual player it won't really matter, the big spenders will have more opportunity to spend more money

Aug 23, 2022, 16:5308/23/22
06/05/22

I'm a bit disappointed that it'll cost hundreds of gems to swap them. It should cost something of course, otherwise we'd all be pressured to swap back and forth between running different content, which isn't fun.

But I absolutely loathe that I can lose the equivalent of several days of progress from one misclick / careless decision. We already have that with masteries, and nothing feels worse than losing 140 gems in an instant after spending days doing tiny optimizations like assembling dungeon teams that can run with food.

Aug 23, 2022, 22:4408/23/22
03/19/20

I'm really into this new update im going to be interested for the bone armor and Test it out