All Categories

Speed and damage.

Speed and damage.

Search
Aug 22, 2022, 13:4908/22/22
02/11/21

Speed and damage.

I've heard of a discussion (I believe someone said it was on HellHades site) where they covered relationship between relative increase in the stat which scales the damage and relative increase in crit.damage. Something along the lines of "100% crit.damage is equivalent to 100% increase in your ATK".

That covers instant damage (instant in a sense that it's how much damage is dealt when it's dealt) which is crucial in Arena. How about damage along the run, specifically in relation to speed. To put it simply, is going 20% faster or more often equivalent to dealing 20% more damage over a dungeon run? 

The inspiration for this came when I rolled 4 speed rolls on a Cruel weapon. My first instinct was to just throw it on an Arbiter (the girl loves Speed more than an Alabama tweaker), but then I thought , "it is a Cruel set...would a damage dealer benefit from having a lot of speed, and if so, what kind of damage dealer would benefit from it?" Maybe damage dealers with strong Active skills but ok A1s (Seer)? Or Debuffers who also hit hard (Stag Knight)? How about damage dealers with great utility on their skills? Raw damage dealers?

Perfect example is Genzin. The damn thing goes A LOT, his turn meter just keeps filling. His damage is nothing to write home about when he hits, but he does hit a lot. Rotos is another example, although Rotos does hit hard...and he also hits a lot. 

It may require some gearing, but I may test that later. Or if someone has covered it already, feel free to let me know if it's 

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 22, 2022, 13:5208/22/22
06/25/20

Not exactly, no. The relationship between speed and damage is much more non-linear. There are specific speed breakpoints to aim for, but those are usually with respect to boss speeds, and not wave speeds.

That said - I do not advise you to try to optimize your gear for dungeon farming. Focus on making your CB / DT / Hydra teams geared properly. Dungeons are by far the easiest to gear for, and you really should just try to get them to around 2 minute clears, which shouldn't require much speed.

Aug 22, 2022, 14:0508/22/22
02/11/21

Thanks, Kram. What dungeon level would you say is the mot efficient? I usually stay in 24-25, depending on affinity, but I heard that 20 is more energy efficient. Any truth to that?

Aug 22, 2022, 14:1108/22/22
06/25/20
Balltazer

Thanks, Kram. What dungeon level would you say is the mot efficient? I usually stay in 24-25, depending on affinity, but I heard that 20 is more energy efficient. Any truth to that?

20 is marginally more energy efficient, but 24 is marginally better for items. I would just do whichever is faster. 25 is almost never the way to go, unless you're truly only looking for 6* lego items. I did the math a while back. Here's the difference between the two, where the numbers represent total number of items obtained after 4170 24 runs vs 3753 25 runs (equal energy). The tl;dr is: 417 more items total in for 24, 10 more 6* epic vs 1 less 6* lego.

24:.

i

25:

i

Aug 22, 2022, 14:2808/22/22
02/11/21

I'll need to check if I can run Spider on 24. Other than that, I'll be solid. Appreciate that, man.