All Categories

Sometimes, better to not listen

Search
Aug 21, 2022, 22:4508/21/22
02/11/22

So ya, here's a funny bit. I was stuck on floor 119, couldnt beat the blue spider on 120. I was trying things here and there, but the fights were just endless with no winner, so of course, i was the loser.

As the title suggests, well, sometimes, it's better to NOT do what they tell you in the boss mechanics page. They said "turn-meter reduction is DANGEROUS", so of course, silly me, i kept Coldheart out of the loop, well, turns out she was EXACTLY the ingredient missing. It hit me when i pulled some void epic called Rowan, she has Heal reduction on his A1, then i thought, duh! so does Coldheart, i'm an idiot!

Yup, a stroke of genius that left me feeling how dumb i was LOL. FIrst try (after 50 other first tries hehe), and map was won :P

Final boss will meet my sword later on tonight!

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Aug 21, 2022, 23:1408/21/22
02/24/19

Congrats! Glad you got it!

Aug 22, 2022, 02:2008/22/22
Aug 22, 2022, 02:23(edited)
02/11/22

And done! Final Boss is kaput! (day 122)

I gotta say though, it wasn't easy. Auto-ing this one is almost impossible, your champions will somehow almost always refuse to attack the minions, which spellls doom fast enough. On manual it went just fine however :P

Tried floor 1 on hard, omg, can't even go past 2nd wave.... damn!

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 22, 2022, 03:1608/22/22
02/24/19
Swiftblade

And done! Final Boss is kaput! (day 122)

I gotta say though, it wasn't easy. Auto-ing this one is almost impossible, your champions will somehow almost always refuse to attack the minions, which spellls doom fast enough. On manual it went just fine however :P

Tried floor 1 on hard, omg, can't even go past 2nd wave.... damn!

YAY!

i

Aug 22, 2022, 03:3208/22/22
02/11/22

What's the thing about Hard mode? Do i need to up my Res on all my champions by a ton or something? I was getting debuffed as if i was a level 1, and worse, getting all my buffs stolen too LOL. That pumpkinhead is scarier now than it was in my childhood!

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 22, 2022, 03:3408/22/22
02/24/19
Swiftblade

What's the thing about Hard mode? Do i need to up my Res on all my champions by a ton or something? I was getting debuffed as if i was a level 1, and worse, getting all my buffs stolen too LOL. That pumpkinhead is scarier now than it was in my childhood!

For Hard mode, you need a team that has good speed... as well as an effective way to Crowd Control the enemy champs so they don't just clown you. You need solid accuracy as well to land those debuffs.

Aug 22, 2022, 03:4108/22/22
02/11/22

ha yes, CC is where i'm a bit lacking. Got nothing as far as champions go in that department, and my stun pieces are just horrible, gonna have to work on getting a decent set

Aug 22, 2022, 03:4408/22/22
06/25/20

And Quinn's being generous with her understatements.

You're going to basically require 250+ speed on a speed up / speed down champ, along with ~350 ACC on your debuffers. Most teams basically run:

1. Speed up / speed down
  2. AoE stun
  3. AoE freeze/fear
  4. AoE poison
  5. AoE provoke

There's room in there for one of those CC to not be around, which you usually will require in order to get a healer/reviver in there too for insurance.

My personal team is:

1. Kimi (speed up / speed down)
  2. Maulie (revive / provoke)
  3. BEK (poison / heal)
  4. Raglin (TM up / revive / heal)
  5. Elder Skarg (hp burn / fear / provoke)
harleQuinnModerator
Aug 22, 2022, 03:5608/22/22
Aug 22, 2022, 04:01(edited)
02/24/19

My team is often:

1) Duchess (Duchess Stuff)

2) Maulie (Provoke/Revive/TM boost)

3) Lydia (Debuffs/Lockouts/Speed Up)

4) Hege or Brogni, depending on the level (Hege and Brogni things)

5) Big'Un (Big'Smacks)

Those champs are 270+ speed except for Big Un, whose job is to clean house. :)

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 22, 2022, 04:1708/22/22
12/30/20
harleQuinn

My team is often:

1) Duchess (Duchess Stuff)

2) Maulie (Provoke/Revive/TM boost)

3) Lydia (Debuffs/Lockouts/Speed Up)

4) Hege or Brogni, depending on the level (Hege and Brogni things)

5) Big'Un (Big'Smacks)

Those champs are 270+ speed except for Big Un, whose job is to clean house. :)

i

accurate 😂

I think if we're not doing a scumbag Seer or poison exploder comp, this is where I'd want to be (and was almost exactly, shamelessly copying your homework before Seer/Kymar nonsense appeared). 

Duchess/Lydia/Brogni/Big Un or Ninja/some specific form of CC (often Visix) was my go to for almost every stage for the first half or so of this year. 

actually still used Maulie quite a bit before Kymar in certain stages where I needed time for another Karma Burn. 

Aug 22, 2022, 04:4408/22/22
10/11/20

Any day where you go to bed smarter than you got out - is not a day wasted!😁 Those Boss Guides are perfect to ignore, since the devs and players have diametrically opposite strats. 

Devs be like: "Nether Spider: bring a cleanser, bring a healer, don't bring any AoE champs, don't let them counterattack then use your Deathknight in flat ATK chest to slowly grind the spider down over the course of a Sunday afternoon."

While players be like: "Aha...aha...look, I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but how about I do the exact opposite?" Then use Geomancer, Heal Reduction and a bunch of AoE champs and the Spider is dead in like 12 seconds.

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 22, 2022, 05:0308/22/22
02/24/19
Tyr Anasazi

Any day where you go to bed smarter than you got out - is not a day wasted!😁 Those Boss Guides are perfect to ignore, since the devs and players have diametrically opposite strats. 

Devs be like: "Nether Spider: bring a cleanser, bring a healer, don't bring any AoE champs, don't let them counterattack then use your Deathknight in flat ATK chest to slowly grind the spider down over the course of a Sunday afternoon."

While players be like: "Aha...aha...look, I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but how about I do the exact opposite?" Then use Geomancer, Heal Reduction and a bunch of AoE champs and the Spider is dead in like 12 seconds.

hahahaha

i

Aug 22, 2022, 05:2408/22/22
05/03/20
Tyr Anasazi

Thx for sharing with kid in back of the class.  lol

I have been following the guides and doing miserable.